Updated Kiper Mock Draft

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now run down the teams that he compiled those sack stats against to show the competition that he was dominating: Citadel, East Carolina, Virginia, Georgia Southern, Duke & Boston College while being held sack-less against UConn, GT, Florida State, VT, Miami, North Carolina St. and Pitt in the Bowl game.

So in other words he dominated inferior talent.

Even looking at QB hurries he didn't put up any stats against those teams. http://www.cfbstats.com/2009/player/457/1017309/miscdefense/gamelog.html

He was dominating as a sophmore and I read he was double teamed an awful lot that 2009 season. Why are you trying to talk yourself out of him? Lucky for us he's probably not going to go to the first two teams ahead of us.

Now run down the teams that he compiled those sack stats against to show the competition that he was dominating: Citadel, East Carolina, Virginia, Georgia Southern, Duke & Boston College while being held sack-less against UConn, GT, Florida State, VT, Miami, North Carolina St. and Pitt in the Bowl game.

Even looking at QB hurries he didn't put up any stats against those teams. http://www.cfbstats.com/2009/player/457/1017309/miscdefense/gamelog.html

You'd think most players would put up better stats against weaker teams, so can't really single him out. And he more than held his own against Costanzo. Has some big time moves, reminds me of a bigger Cornelius Bennett. Would just be nice to have seen more recent film on him. He could be a player in the NFL, but just like all the defensive front 7 guys (except maybe Dareus), it's just a huge leap of faith to take them at #3.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

He was dominating as a sophmore and I read he was double teamed an awful lot that 2009 season. Why are you trying to talk yourself out of him? Lucky for us he's probably not going to go to the first two teams ahead of us.

Quinn just isn't that great. He was far from dominant in college. He was supposed to light up the combine but didn't. It's obvious that you have a bias towards Quinn so it's doubtful your opinion will be swayed regardless of any statistical or logical reasoning used against him.

Von Miller put his name on the anti-trust litigation officially making him persona non grata. why would anyone draft this malcontent. all of the talent in the world will not make up for this slap in the owners face.

Oh pulease... malcontent is a little much. Sounds like you have been taking lessons from the haters...

Quinn just isn't that great. He was far from dominant in college. He was supposed to light up the combine but didn't. It's obvious that you have a bias towards Quinn so it's doubtful your opinion will be swayed regardless of any statistical or logical reasoning used against him.

Again, you're wrong, he was dominant in college and I already proved it with both statistical and logical reasoning.

Just one look at Dareus and you can tell the guy will have weight issues that will eventually slow him down till he's nothing more than a run plugger in the middle. I'll give him two years till that transition happens.

Again, you're wrong, he was dominant in college and I already proved it with both statistical and logical reasoning.

Just one look at Dareus and you can tell the guy will have weight issues that will eventually slow him down till he's nothing more than a run plugger in the middle. I'll give him two years till that transition happens.

You haven't proven anything. Where was Quinn dominant? Against East Carolina. Against Duke. Is that supposed to impress me enough to use a top 3 pick on him? Can he drop into coverage?

Even in his bowl game where it would have been a great time to dominate and show his worth, he did nothing. Please show me where he was dominant.

And please stop with your baseless Dareus argument. Because he put on weight for the combine you automatically assume he'll have weight issues when that's never been an issue brought up before? Sounds like you're grasping at straws here. I also love how you manage to turn being a run plugger into a negative. Especially since we were awful against the run last season.

Edited by Bangarang

This is a bit presumptuous, no? You can tell whether or not Dareus will have weight problems in just two years. Have you seen how he moves? Not like a fat man.

Also, go look at Quinn's workout numbers. They compare very favorably to Gholston's. Especially his shuttle and cone drills which measure an individual's ability to change direction quickly. Those who can't (Gholston), get the moniker "tight in the hips."

You know who else had weight issues coming out of college?

First off, someone needs to tell Mel that Gabbert didn't compete in Indy. What, did he talk a good game?...LOL

The only thing Gabbert did not do at Indy was throw...He worked out fully...Including a 4.62 40...

Rest assured Gabbert impressed plenty of Scouts at the Combine... B-)

This is one of, if not THE most, important factor that scouts weigh in evaluating college performance/production.

Whether a Division III prospect or an All American from the SEC, the competition you faced and your domination of that competition, is the starting block. I'm not sure how any of that relates to Quinn but you raised a good point.

GO BILLS!!!

I'll borrow from Mike Mayock in his description of Gabe Carimi as being a plug and play right tackle. Same label for Dareus.

Starter from Game #1 on the defensive line.

You don't take QB projects or guys with questionable work ethic at #3. You take the real deal if we're lucky enough for him to get past Denver.

He won't dominate in the NFL. He doesn't do any one thing better than anybody else. He'll be solid, not elite.

Assuming Gabbert goes # 1, Trade down and let Minn take Newton picking up Minn's # 2. Then draft Miller, Quinn, or Jordan at 12. Take another front 7 defender and a RT in round 2. Then hope Locker falls to the third round.

You haven't proven anything. Where was Quinn dominant? Against East Carolina. Against Duke. Is that supposed to impress me enough to use a top 3 pick on him? Can he drop into coverage?

Even in his bowl game where it would have been a great time to dominate and show his worth, he did nothing. Please show me where he was dominant.

And please stop with your baseless Dareus argument. Because he put on weight for the combine you automatically assume he'll have weight issues when that's never been an issue brought up before? Sounds like you're grasping at straws here. I also love how you manage to turn being a run plugger into a negative. Especially since we were awful against the run last season.

By all reports Quinn was fantastic during the Senior Bowl week of practices. He will go in the top 15 but not at #3.

Dareus at any weight is going to be a fantastic 3-4 DE over the RT.

Best player in the draft is ALWAYS a need.

Peterson is not the best player in the draft on draft day, and I think unlikely to turn in to the best player in the draft over the coming years. If he is it will be purely on ball skills and not 40 speed and weight and leap. Nnamdi and Revis are not the top two measurable guys in the nfl, and are the only two CBs in the league who would be worthy of a top 5.

I think that Dareus might be the best football player available at #3, but I'm happy if Buddy thinks someone else based on a lot more insight than I have, and picks that guy...I just really doubt that Peterson is the best in the draft. Being fast and jumping high is normal for a corner, and are not the qualities that separate a good corner from a great corner. And in the current NFL you need to be truly elite at CB to have the impact of a great front seven guy. Can Quinn play LB? Can Newton play in the NFL? Is Miller big enough to be great instead of just very good? Is Fairley going to be big enough to do the same things in the NFL as he did in college? Those are all guys who I would like to have on my team, but I don't think any of them or Peterson is as good a pick as Dareus for us.

Assuming Gabbert goes # 1, Trade down and let Minn take Newton picking up Minn's # 2. Then draft Miller, Quinn, or Jordan at 12. Take another front 7 defender and a RT in round 2. Then hope Locker falls to the third round.

By all reports Quinn was fantastic during the Senior Bowl week of practices. He will go in the top 15 but not at #3.

Dareus at any weight is going to be a fantastic 3-4 DE over the RT.

What would Quinn have been doing at the SENIOR bowl? I'd like to see these reports.

GO BILLS !!!

Dareus is simply the best way to go, imo. We need more beef/power on the DL, and that's exactly what Dareus brings. Stroud is now gone, and Carrington can start in his place, w/KW in the middle, and Dareus to his right.

Carrington - - - KW - - - Dareus

Dareus would instantly be our biggest DL.

I'd like Quinn a lot if we were drafting at 10 or 12.

You'd think most players would put up better stats against weaker teams, so can't really single him out. And he more than held his own against Costanzo. Has some big time moves, reminds me of a bigger Cornelius Bennett. Would just be nice to have seen more recent film on him. He could be a player in the NFL, but just like all the defensive front 7 guys (except maybe Dareus), it's just a huge leap of faith to take them at #3.

I was responding to the notion that the stats presented proved he was a dominant player. I find it hard to consider a player dominant and worthy of a top pick when there is a considerable lack of production against the better teams in his conference. Lucky for us he's probably not going to go the the third team either.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson