Question about Fitzgibbons contract & mindset

He is set to become a free agent in 2012 i believe, and after seeing the team rally around him this year, i have a very hard time believing that they won't bring him back.

Levi Brown will be a career backup at best

Fitzpatrick has 1 more year left on his contract. It all depends on who & when the Bills draft a QB & how Fitz does next year. Levi Brown will never be a serious candidate to be a long term starter. He showed little in preseason, got cut & was not even offered a spot on the practice squad of the Bills or any other team, then was brought back as a body to replace Trent Edwards because he was the only guy out there who had spent time learning the offense. Because he's cheap, he could stick around another year, but Levi's long term future is not as an NFL QB.

I wonder...will Fitz be a UFA or a RFA in 2012? I suspect the former given his years in the league.

Depending upon how he performs next season, and if we have a young QB who is ready to take over the starting job, he could potentially fetch some decent trade compensation.

Not saying I want Fitzy to go, but it would be better to get something for him rather than letting him sit on the sideline with a clip board.

All this is assuming that we draft a QB this year, and that this QB is deserving of the starting job. Hmmmm....just a thought.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

He is set to become a free agent in 2012 i believe, and after seeing the team rally around him this year, i have a very hard time believing that they won't bring him back.

Levi Brown will be a career backup at best

I bet they said that about Brady before Bledsoe got hurt. As Jim Mora would say, "You don't know...you think you know, but you don't know"

Fitzpatrick has 1 more year left on his contract. It all depends on who & when the Bills draft a QB & how Fitz does next year. Levi Brown will never be a serious candidate to be a long term starter. He showed little in preseason, got cut & was not even offered a spot on the practice squad of the Bills or any other team, then was brought back as a body to replace Trent Edwards because he was the only guy out there who had spent time learning the offense. Because he's cheap, he could stick around another year, but Levi's long term future is not as an NFL QB.

This is exactly why the Bills will go QB early, either 1st, 2nd , or 3rd round. There aren't many free agent QB's to pick from and if Fitz goes down and Levi lays an egg, who do we turn to? The only young free agent QB I would take a chance at would be Dennis Dixon. Kolb doesn't seem a possibility to even get unless he starts.

I am all for and advise going D-line at #3 but don't be shocked when a QB's name is called at #3 unless they somehow trade down and\or like another QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I hope Fitz plays beyond expectations and gets an extended contract but even if that happens we still need another QB and they know it, the only question to ask is where\what round will they pick him.

Edited by hammie65

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Something the mods need to keep in mind about asking posters to edit posts, there is a very short time window where we are allowed to edit. The post locks quickly. Definitely 4 hours later as in this case. The subject will now never be fixed.

We need to either:

1. Get rid of the lockout

2. Let mods somehow re-enable the edit status

3. Allow mods to simply edit posts as they need to after the time period is up.

But this is for another board here altogether.

I bet they said that about Brady before Bledsoe got hurt. As Jim Mora would say, "You don't know...you think you know, but you don't know"

You'd lose that bet. When Brady was drafted, the Patriots kept 4 QBs on the roster his rookie year rather than risk losing their 6th round pick. Contrast that to the Bills, who let Brown go, didn't sign him to the practice squad & watched as the rest of the league yawned at the mention of Levi Brown, finally calling him when they decided to jettison Trent Edwards. Now, let's look at the Pats 2001 preseason. The concensus in NE was that Brady was the best QB that preseason. He was elevated to second string, something that Levi might be by default rather than accomplishment.

A better saying is "A bust is a bust and a never was, never was."

You'd lose that bet. When Brady was drafted, the Patriots kept 4 QBs on the roster his rookie year rather than risk losing their 6th round pick. Contrast that to the Bills, who let Brown go, didn't sign him to the practice squad & watched as the rest of the league yawned at the mention of Levi Brown, finally calling him when they decided to jettison Trent Edwards. Now, let's look at the Pats 2001 preseason. The concensus in NE was that Brady was the best QB that preseason. He was elevated to second string, something that Levi might be by default rather than accomplishment.

A better saying is "A bust is a bust and a never was, never was."

Thanks for that info. I just happen to like Brown & think he's got a lot of potential. He's got a great release, a good head on his shoulders, & a real passion to be a starting NFL QB. He's a nice kid & I hope he can achieve his goal. I guess time will tell...but I guess you're correct...not looking too good at this juncture.

Something the mods need to keep in mind about asking posters to edit posts, there is a very short time window where we are allowed to edit. The post locks quickly. Definitely 4 hours later as in this case. The subject will now never be fixed.

We need to either:

I agree. I posted something the other night & the next morning I realized I made a mistake & couldn't edit it...so I deleted it... & it was a brilliant post too! :-)

Edited by Enuf-is-Enuf

question on fitz's contract. how long is he under contract? is there a sense that he wants to remain a bill after his contract is up? is levi brown a serious possibility to run the team?

I say they resign him, Chan hasnt handed any of his rookies playing time he has made them earn there way on the field for the most part. I would think Fitz would want to stay as he knows the system and Blo gives him a good chance to be a starter.

We need to either:

Yes. After all, how am I supposed to know which [please fix subject] thread I'm supposed to be following and adding my insights, wisdom and witticisms to? :ph34r:

We need to either:

:nana:

It's true that you never know, but to be fair, how many 6th or 7th round QB's ever become franchise material? If Levi Brown is leading our team on a playoff run a couple years from now, I'll gladly write you a long letter of apology

question on fitz's contract. how long is he under contract? is there a sense that he wants to remain a bill after his contract is up? is levi brown a serious possibility to run the team?

I never knew the Bills had a QB named Fitzgibbons? Did he come out of Belfast?