Japan just got f'd

boyst

No cable, stream things on internet, CNN's feed online is slower then aljazeera's. I watched a little bit of it now headed to bed.

Yeah right. You're our own little muslim terrorist aren't you. Pushing pork products too. Nice cover. :thumbsup:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 6.6 hit Nagano, about 250 miles away from the 8.9.

In Crescent City, CA the waves were 6-8 feet. Lots of damage, but the town was evacuated and no one is hurt. They lost 20-25 people in 1964.

Edit: 4 people swept out to sea.

Is that 4 people swept out to see today? I really don't want to make fun of the situation, but really, how does that happen? If only there were some warnings issued about the conditions headed towards the coast. :rolleyes:

Anyway, all of the video I've seen from Japan today is unreal. It's amazing how powerful one tiny little event can be.

Is that 4 people swept out to see today? I really don't want to make fun of the situation, but really, how does that happen? If only there were some warnings issued about the conditions headed towards the coast. :rolleyes:

Anyway, all of the video I've seen from Japan today is unreal. It's amazing how powerful one tiny little event can be.

I bet every surfer in CA headed for the beach as soon as they heard the news this morning. I've seen those guys out in hurricanes.

I bet every surfer in CA headed for the beach as soon as they heard the news this morning. I've seen those guys out in hurricanes.

I was watching the news a little bit before I came to work this morning. They were keeping an eye on the waves coming to shore on the Oregon coast. There were people standing out there on the beach next to the water watching the waves. Those are the types of people who get swept out to sea. :doh:

I was watching the news a little bit before I came to work this morning. They were keeping an eye on the waves coming to shore on the Oregon coast. There were people standing out there on the beach next to the water watching the waves. Those are the types of people who get swept out to sea. :doh:

If they're stupid enough to stand on the beach with a tsunami on its way then they are best thought of as fish food. One only need to watch the video to understand that the power behind a tsunami is nothing to be taken lightly.

The competition is always tough for the Darwin Awards.

If they're stupid enough to stand on the beach with a tsunami on its way then they are best thought of as fish food. One only need to watch the video to understand that the power behind a tsunami is nothing to be taken lightly.

There were even sirens going off warning people. :doh:

i was doing some reading and so far 3 have made it back from the 4... kinda sucks.

japan, my brothers and sisters, my condolences and prayers for you.

Just read an article that says all four have been found. Two rescued themselves. As for the surfers...

Link

Outside Brookings, Ore., just north of the California border, four people went to a beach to watch the waves and were swept into the sea. Two got out on their own, and the others were rescued, authorities said.

Some surfers ignored evacuation warnings and took advantage of the waves ahead of the tsunami.

"The tides are right, the swell is good, the weather is good, the tsunami is there," said William Hill, an off-duty California trooper. "We're going out."

Edited by Booster4324

Meanwhile, in northern California's Del Norte County, a 25-year-old man was declared dead Friday afternoon after being swept out to sea off a beach while trying to photograph a tsunami launched by the massive earthquake near Japan, according to a Del Norte County, California, official.

Meanwhile, in northern California's Del Norte County, a 25-year-old man was declared dead Friday afternoon after being swept out to sea off a beach while trying to photograph a tsunami launched by the massive earthquake near Japan, according to a Del Norte County, California, official.

I'm leaving strict instructions with all of you, right now, that if I ever do anything as stupid as stand on the beach in front of a tsumani taking pictures in violation of a mandatory evacuation order, and get killed doing it, the word "tragedy" or any synonym thereof in any form is ABSOLUTELY NOT to be used in connection with my death. Instead, I not only suggest but encourage the use of words such as "idiocy" or even "comedy" in that event.

At least one lawyer will contact the family (if they already haven't) suggesting they sue the USGS, Tsunami Warning Center, and state of California for not making the warnings stronger or the mandatory evacuation order more mandatory...

This is just powerful stuff - looking at today; after the NFL and NFLPA bickering it just lets you know how full of :oops: that they are...One of the reasons I cancelled twitter and stopped following everyone was because listening to how expensive Cobra would be for the players. If they are stupid enough to get Cobra then they deserve to pay. I am self insured, I pay a good amount to do that...

I guess what pisses me off the most, those guys are living their dream job as a child and making millions. I am doing my dream job and making squat. I promise you I am more happy then any of them, even if I whine just as much. /rant. Imagine the NFL saying they are just going to take that money they are fighting over and sending it to Japan...

Yeah right. You're our own little muslim terrorist aren't you. Pushing pork products too. Nice cover. :thumbsup:

Infidel. La La La La! Behold the power of mooey-ham-med. (Should I draw a picture of him?)

If any country was prepared to deal with a situation like this, Japan was it... and yet still look at how bad things are. It should speak volumes to how unprepared we currently are when (not if) a subduction zone quake hits Cascadia.

The fact that they now have to deal with a possible nuclear core meltdown is just insane. Pray for the people of Japan - this is one of the worst natural disasters in the history of the world.

If any country was prepared to deal with a situation like this, Japan was it... and yet still look at how bad things are. It should speak volumes to how unprepared we currently are when (not if) a subduction zone quake hits Cascadia.

The fact that they now have to deal with a possible nuclear core meltdown is just insane. Pray for the people of Japan - this is one of the worst natural disasters in the history of the world.

Reuters

Wow

Is it just me or does this put Katrina in to total perspective???????????

There are 11 nuclear plants in Japan, for the moment we know that 2 of them are affected.

There was an explosion this morning, a vaporous leak, but we can't say if it was the machinery or the core.

If in the next hours, we detect stronsium or cesium in the air, the ground around there will be in high danger.

If a process of internal fusion has started, it's over for the lands around.