Wisconsin Union Bashing Bill Passes

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No just business/management douchebags to ruin things, just like Wall Street. And yeah, let's free those banks to do whatever they need to do. OH wait, they'll just F things up again with no regulations/oversight.

Well, I'll take my chances with private enterprise every time. At least they fug things up only part of the time. Not all the time like the government does. And just think, if I don't like the service, I don't have to pay for it. What a concept! Try not paying your taxes and see what happens. Come to the light pBills. It's a lot nicer over here. :)

No just business/management douchebags to ruin things, just like Wall Street. And yeah, let's free those banks to do whatever they need to do. OH wait, they'll just F things up again with no regulations/oversight.

How is it that after years of talking about the Financial Crisis you are still under this impression? How is that possible? Have you learned nothing about the financial sector over the past few years of public conversation?

You realize that banks were, are and always will be one of the most heavily regulated industries in the U.S., right? RIGHT? For God's sake man... Get a grip.

Edited by jjamie12

It is time to stop thinking that the private sector or government can make everything perfect. It is a rough world and sometimes we just have to deal with the fact that there isn't a perfect answer to all of life's problems. This country really needs to toughen up again......

Was this after the Governor received concessions from those same unions, matching exactly what he asked for originally. Yet, wasn't good enough then? Seems to me, that those 1,500 jobs were saved once the concessions were given.

You make it sound like the budget bill was written to have the unions pay more for pension and health care, and when the union said, "Ok," he said, "No, wait -- now I want more!" That's not what happened. He said, "Here's what I want to do," and the unions said, "We'll only allow this and this." That's not the same thing as you're saying.

Yes, moron... those air traffic controllers went against the no strike clause in their contract. Giving him the opportunity to do.

So Walker should've fired all of the teachers and dissolved the union altogether when the teachers had their strike in Wisconsin...? Serious question. Schools were literally closed down for up to a week because of the "strike." Instead he tried negotiating for THREE WEEKS, which got him nowhere.

I don't like that the demoncrats split town and I don't like that the repukelicans rammed it through. I don't like that both parties have no idea whats best for the country. I don't like that both parties are for themselves instead of the country. Best place on earth.......whatever

Doesn't sitting on that fence of your's get a little uncomfortable after awhile?

Edited by 3rdnlng

Doesn't sitting on that fence of your's get a little uncomfortable after awhile?

I olove sitting on my Red, White and Blue fence. I do that, while others are IN love with their blue or red fence.

I olove sitting on my Red, White and Blue fence. I do that, while others are IN love with their blue or red fence.

3rdnlng literally has had a red picket jammed up his ass for years! Couldn't move now if he wanted to.

I kid, I kid...

3rdnlng literally has had a red picket jammed up his ass for years! Couldn't move now if he wanted to.

I kid, I kid...

I actually consider him pretty rational most of the time. He will go on an occasional rant, but message boards usually get that out of people. The anonymity sometimes makes people more extreme versions of themselves.

The thing I like about being here is to read the posts of those I disagree with. You learn very little just paying attention to those you agree with. And if you can't already tell, I have a lot to learn!

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how is it grossly unfair to ask someone to contribute a small % to their own pension and medical premiums.

Anyone?

Just checking in on this. 5 pages and still waiting for someone to explain it to me. Anyone?

Yes, moron... those air traffic controllers went against the no strike clause in their contract. Giving him the opportunity to do.

And that changes my point how? You're still quoting a pro-union statement from someone responsible for one of the most infamous union busting decisions of the past 50 years.

Yes, this is exactly like the civil rights movement of last century. :lol:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/117798133.html

Why stop there? It's the civil rights issue of the millenium!

Yes, this is exactly like the civil rights movement of last century. :lol:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/117798133.html

lol..the only civil rights being protected is the taxpayers.

Just checking in on this. 5 pages and still waiting for someone to explain it to me. Anyone?

You know something good has happened when you see enough crying from lefties to keep this thread alive for this long. Pretty heart warming.