Wisconsin Union Bashing Bill Passes

Let's attempt to put a nice cap on this thread.

1. The unions lost here, and all BS aside, this one is over. Recalling the governor can't start until next year. No way. No chance. This is over, now. The worst thing the unions can do is allow this to continue, on any level, because it only erodes the public's opinion of these unions, and either helps or has no effect on their opposition. The only people who will continue this = wingnuts = will make fine poster children for the anti-union crowd. The unions need to either reign in the remaining protesters, or disavow them totally.

2. The unions need to acknowledge just how fast this can turn into a un-winnable game of "whack-a-mole" for them. If 3, and then 6, then 12 states are all doing Wisconsin-like legislation all at once, then the unions will be faced with impossible choices, and will lose severely.

3. So, do unions want to lose big later, or lose medium now? There is no win, and there is no lose little for these unions. As I have said before, public opinion is the only thing that makes toleration of unions, in their current form, possible. Public opinion is rapidly moving from "don't agree, but willing to work something out with you" to "don't care what happens to you, now go home".

The new report that says 82% of public schools get "failing" grades does not help at all.

The public worker unions need to make a deal now, nationally, before the public completely stops caring what happens to them, shortly followed by every governor in the country, especially the Democratic ones, publicly opening a can of whoopass.

My prediction: the egomaniacs who run the unions (see: "It's not about the kids, it's about our power") will fight, and lose. We'll see....

as always your free advice is worth every penny

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said: we'll see....if I am right, are you going to admit it? No.

So, why should we care what you say, now, about something you will never admit to, then?

Look Original Crackpot maybe it would be better if you sticked to giving advice to people you care about- Like the Tea Party. Michael Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Rush,Beck, O'reily

The Aryan Nation, Mothers against Mexicans or what ever else turns you on.

Look Original Crackpot maybe it would be better if you sticked to giving advice to people you care about- Like the Tea Party. Michael Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Rush,Beck, O'reily

You can call me names and cast aspersions all day: it doesn't make me any less right.

You can wish that more people agreed with you as well. But, understand, that you belong to a group whose % of the American people(liberals) = the % of people who believe in alien abduction.

Therefore, I'd be careful who I called crackpot.

Who is Michael Bachmann?