Wisconsin Union Bashing Bill Passes

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the stereoptypical progressive hysteria trifecta of teachers/cops/fireman isn't working like it usually does, so they need to expand it to include "You're killing our children's playgrounds!"

Yeah, that's my favor tactic too. Somehow they never mention how the union rolls include all those "administrator" jobs created for someone's brother in law, or how every person at the Board of Ed needs their own secretary, or how many guys work in the highway dept that average 3 potholes filled in an 8 hour shift. Not to mention the thugs whose full-time job is doing union agitation/recruitment/knee-capping.

Nope, if you cut even a dime out of the budget it's always going to mean "firing teachers and cops". It's sad how many people are dumb enough to fall for it.

Nope, if you cut even a dime out of the budget it's always going to mean "firing teachers and cops". It's sad how many people are dumb enough to fall for it.

Except it will mean firing teachers and cops, because the same bloated administrative bureaucracy that you previously mentioned as wasteful decides on the hiring and firing, and will do whatever it can to protect itself.

Demon Pass all over again. Sorta.

By the way, they did have debate on the issue.

The Democrat Senators fled the state because the debate was over and it was time for a vote.

They took a page from President BO's book and voted, "Absent".

Then why didn't you link to the state commission's statement? :rolleyes:

Becuase Im lazy.

Maybe I should get myself a nice Union job......

Hmm, more than 50 death threats, yet this doesnt get nearly the attention of the few during the health care debate.

not surprising.

No room for such a story......Pete King made a muslim cry today. Thats huge news!!!!!

No problem:

Because of the insane union contracts in Wisconsin, one Madison bus driver, John E. Nelson, was able to make $159,000 in 2009 -- about $100,000 of which in overtime pay. Jackie Gleason didn't make that much playing bus driver Ralph Kramden on "The Honeymooners." Seven bus drivers took home more than $100,000 that year.

When asked about the outrageous overtime pay for bus drivers -- totaling $1.94 million in 2009 alone -- Transit and Parking Commission Chairman Gary Poulson said: "That's the contract."

www.anncoulter.com

I once accidentally touched a golden retriever with a Slim Jim I was eating and the result bore a remarkable resemblance to Ann Coulter, which has thrown me off beef jerky ever since.

So the guy made a $100,000 extra in over time who's fault is that? My dad working on the railroad got time and a half over 40 hours and double time after 60- I was never that lucky, One place I worked had on accidentally or on purpose left all the houses short staffed

so eventually when people started there asses kicked on a consistent basis and started quiting, me and a few other people started working hundred hour weeks, it took over six months for them to get the agency back to what passes as normal- I never asked for extra shifts I worked them because the managers were begging us to take them, then later I hear the assistant director is pissed because some of the worker drones are making as much as she is- the point is if that much overtime is going out then someone in management ain't doing their job.

Except it will mean firing teachers and cops, because the same bloated administrative bureaucracy that you previously mentioned as wasteful decides on the hiring and firing, and will do whatever it can to protect itself.

No doubt. The union wants as much PR benefit as possible out of any layoffs.

I once accidentally touched a golden retriever with a Slim Jim I was eating and the result bore a remarkable resemblance to Ann Coulter, which has thrown me off beef jerky ever since.

So the guy made a $100,000 extra in over time who's fault is that? My dad working on the railroad got time and a half over 40 hours and double time after 60- I was never that lucky, One place I worked had on accidentally or on purpose left all the houses short staffed

so eventually when people started there asses kicked on a consistent basis and started quiting, me and a few other people started working hundred hour weeks, it took over six months for them to get the agency back to what passes as normal- I never asked for extra shifts I worked them because the managers were begging us to take them, then later I hear the assistant director is pissed because some of the worker drones are making as much as she is- the point is if that much overtime is going out then someone in management ain't doing their job.

Yeah...and how many times during "regular" work hours did you and your buddies PURPOSELY IGNORE the work to be done so that you then had to do it in an overtime scenario?

And dont you !@#$ing DARE claim that such tactics arent used. My old neighbor was a foreman at a LIRR maintainence shop and ADMITTED to me this little move was practiced ON A DAILY. He used to roll up to his house at about 230 every M-F and then laugh about how he and his buddies blew off their deadline work and would get it all done over the weekend to pad their OT checks.

Edited by RkFast

Yeah...work hours did you and your buddies PURPOSELY IGNORE the work to be done so that you then had to do it in an overtime scenario?and how many times during "regular"

And dont you !@#$ing DARE claim that such tactics arent used. My old neighbor was a foreman at a LIRR maintainence shop and ADMITTED to me this little move was practiced ON A DAILY. He used to roll up to his house at about 230 every M-F and then laugh about how he and his buddies blew off their deadline work and would get it all done over the weekend to pad their OT checks.

Well since the work I'm taking about is working in group homes with Autistic adults the answer is never- I bet you wouldn't last a day.

So the guy made a $100,000 extra in over time who's fault is that?

It's the fault of elected officials for allowing union scams to run unchecked and steal billions from taxpayers. Hence the reasonable steps taken in WI to lessen the control by unions over the taxpayers money.

It's the fault of elected officials for allowing union scams to run unchecked and steal billions from taxpayers.

Ah, but you see, there is your mistake. It's not taxpayer money. It's a national resource. Yes, it COMES from the taxpayers, but it's not really theirs. It's everyone's.

Why is this so hard for everyone to understand?

Well since the work I'm taking about is working in group homes with Autistic adults the answer is never- I bet you wouldn't last a day.

Then your father....whatever. Care to comment on the activities I disclosed by this "poor abused" Union worker?

The FACT is that Unions fenagle their sick days, their overtime and their paid vacation time (which NEVER expires...must be nice) to GAME THE SYSTEM and take advantage of it. ALL the Unions do it....most notably the "hero" cops and firemen.

Funny...you and your ilk B word about "Wall Street bonuses." Yet when some cop who just finished his "20 year nap" bascially robs $250,000 from the County in the form of a check for "unused sick days" from back when Bush the elder was President, thats somehow OK.

Edited by RkFast

Funny...you and your ilk B word about "Wall Street bonuses." Yet when some cop who just finished his "20 year nap" bascially robs $250,000 from the County in the form of a check for "unused sick days" from back when Bush the elder was President, thats somehow OK.

But...but...getting 20 sick days a year that never expire was negotiated, so that ok. (And naturally the person in charge of tracking the sick days is the cop's secretary who gets nice Christmas gifts every year).

Then your father....whatever. Care to comment on the activities I disclosed by this "poor abused" Union worker?

The FACT is that Unions fenagle their sick days, their overtime and their paid holidays (which NEVER expire...must be nice) to GAME THE SYSTEM and take advantage of it. ALL the Unions do it....most notably the "hero" cops and firemen.

Cops work for the city, sheriff deputies work for the county, troopers work for the state if you're going to disparage people who risk their lives at least have the decency to match their Job with the government they're stealing from.

Cops work for the city, sheriff deputies work for the county, troopers work for the state if you're going to disparage people who risk their lives at least have the decency to match their Job with the government they're stealing from.

Or just say "taxpayer".

The FACT is that Unions fenagle their sick days, their overtime and their paid vacation time (which NEVER expires...must be nice) to GAME THE SYSTEM and take advantage of it. ALL the Unions do it....

I don't think they're "gaming the system." The rules are there and are very clear, they're just playing by them.

Now Walker has changed the rules and some people are complaining because they felt entitled. That's where I have the problem. You don't like the change, get a different job. That's what we do in the private sector.

Cops also work for Counties, dummy.

I don't think they're "gaming the system." The rules are there and are very clear, they're just playing by them.

Now Walker has changed the rules and some people are complaining because they felt entitled. That's where I have the problem. You don't like the change, get a different job. That's what we do in the private sector.

When they perform their jobs in such a manner so that they can pad their overtime, they most certainly are gaming the system.