Want To Slash Government Waste?

Scary stuff. Government spending is now 25% of GDP. Highest on record. Defense spending is more than 50% of discretionary spending.

youtube.com/watch?v=wsnZ_b9R31k&feature=feedu

Unfortunately, that's not accurate...for starters, your "defense spending" number isn't defense spending but "security spending", which means it includes a whole shitpot full of agencies and programs other than defense. Second, budget items tend to move around from "discretionary" to "mandatory" from year to year, so even an approximate comparison of what is an isn't discretionary is questionable.

Which, really, is even scarier.

Edit: forgot to call you a moron. You're a moron. No reason, just on general principle.

Edited by DC Tom

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ad hearing? I hate to bust balls about spelling, but c'mon man! :lol:

:ph34r: Even I can figure things out given my propensity avoiding "English composition"... This one by Dante was a tough one! I thought he was talking about Alaska Darin for a second... :wallbash: Where is that so-called libertarian 'tard? Hope nothing bad happened to him?

Dante... You are my motivation to make myself compose better! :nana:

Just got my car back from the body shop after a snow plow had its way with it. Everything is fine, except the driver door handle is tight from both the inside and outside handles. Feels like its an issue at with the striker mechanism. Is there an adjustment for this?

Wait......wrong forum.

You are in the right forum.

No, there is no adjustment for this problem... Just use the other door!

:D

You are in the right forum.

No, there is no adjustment for this problem... Just use the other door!

:D

Eight grand in damage thanks to the NYSDOT trucks and their wing plows. One minute Im sipping coffee on my way to the worker....the next Im covered in glass and the mother focker is driving away. Had to chase after him for a half mile before he pulled over. Ugh.

Edited by RkFast

Eight grand in damage thanks to the NYSDOT trucks and their wing plows. One minute Im sipping coffee on my way to the worker....the next Im covered in glass and the mother focker is driving away. Had to chase after him for a half mile before he pulled over. Ugh.

I feel for you .. You could have been riding your bike. Did you hear the story out of Brazil?

Critical Mass Gets Surprise

:P

That's actually the CEO of NPR, who happens to have the same name as the guy who got caught on camera, who I believe was fired yesterday.

Didn't realize until this morning that this was the work of James O'Keefe.

ACORN. NPR. This dude is a one-man wrecking crew. According to a new CBO report, if we defund every organization he videotapes embarrasing themselves, we should have the deficit cut in time for the 2012 election!

That's actually the CEO of NPR, who happens to have the same name as the guy who got caught on camera, who I believe was fired yesterday.

Didn't realize until this morning that this was the work of James O'Keefe.

ACORN. NPR. This dude is a one-man wrecking crew. According to a new CBO report, if we defund every organization he videotapes embarrasing themselves, we should have the deficit cut in time for the 2012 election!

He IS a one-man wrecking crew. I'm sure they thought they had him after the Landrieu deal or at least that he'd go away, I guess not. :lol:

Only watched the video once, but I'm still not sure what the NPR people said or did that was so shocking. They were in an entrapment situation where the undercover people were trying to make them say things and accept donations. They didn't accept the donations, woman went out of her way to stress their Jewish donors were supportive of the alternative views of the Israel-Palesine situation even though they didn't necessarily agree with them, and the guy stressed his Tea Party views were his own, and not NRPs. That's about as tame and innocent as one would expect in an entrapment setting like that.

I mean really, what do they think a Hannity would say off the record in an entrapment setting? We do have a good handle that OReilly would give his female subordinates instructions on masturbation.

O'Reilly Sued For Sex Harassment

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Only watched the video once, but I'm still not sure what the NPR people said or did that was so shocking. They were in an entrapment situation where the undercover people were trying to make them say things and accept donations. They didn't accept the donations, woman went out of her way to stress their Jewish donors were supportive of the alternative views of the Israel-Palesine situation even though they didn't necessarily agree with them, and the guy stressed his Tea Party views were his own, and not NRPs. That's about as tame and innocent as one would expect in an entrapment setting like that.

I mean really, what do they think a Hannity would say off the record in an entrapment setting? We do have a good handle that OReilly would give his female subordinates instructions on masturbation.

Friendly suggestions go in, allegations come out.

You can't explain that!

No, you're not at all partisan. :lol:

No, you're not at all partisan. :lol:

Actually I'm not in something like this, just pointing out what's fair. As you've seen, I have been advocating Rand Paul's version of the Tea Party. So how that makes me a "partisan" Liberal in your eyes is once again dumbfounding.

But I do see you are partisan. If not, why aren't you calling out this OKeefe guy who's only targeting what he views as Liberal groups?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Actually I'm not in something like this, just pointing out what's fair. As you've seen, I have been advocating Rand Paul's version of the Tea Party. So how that makes me a "partisan" Liberal in your eyes is once again dumfounding.

You mean you haven't noticed that, every time someone critices a liberal, you have to respond by attacking a conservative? But not, however, vice-versa?

Not just a partisan, a blind partisan.

But I do see you are partisan. If not, why aren't you calling out this OKeefe guy who's only targeting what he views as Liberal groups?

Because 1) I pay no attention to him, and 2) he's not a hypocrite about it like you are.

You mean you haven't noticed that, every time someone critices a liberal, you have to respond by attacking a conservative? But not, however, vice-versa?

Because 1) I pay no attention to him, and 2) he's not a hypocrite about it like you are.

If liberal piss me off more than conservatives do does this make me a partisan? If so unlike Joe, I'll proudly wear that title.

Actually I'm not in something like this, just pointing out what's fair. As you've seen, I have been advocating Rand Paul's version of the Tea Party. So how that makes me a "partisan" Liberal in your eyes is once again dumbfounding.

Take it from this partisan hack who recently received the coveted Geno Frenkle Slam-Wow Partisan Hack Seal of ApprovalTM: when you defend one party, and then attempt to disparage the other party by linking to a seven-year-old story about a sexual harrassment suit as if the lawsuit just happened, or at the very least, was still on-going, you're a partisan hack. Now, I'm not sure if this qualifies you for the official Geno Frenkle Slam-Wow Partisan Hack Seal of ApprovalTM, but keep trying and I'll put in a good word with Geno.

Actually I was defending Rand Paul's ultra-conservative orientation from Gene, who seems Liberal. Which is fine, I like Gene, he's intelligent and we can have an honest discussion. I like being challenged. And my views don't fit neatly into anyone bucket anyway.

Your problem is your playbook only has one play: when confronted with an opposing view or expose' of your own partisan hypocrisy, call the person "partisan Liberal" and attack the label. Probably got it from a hack like Limbaugh.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Actually I was defending Rand Paul's ultra-conservative orientation from Gene, who seems Liberal. Which is fine, I like Gene, he's intelligent and we can have an honest discussion. I like being challenged. And my views don't fit neatly into anyone bucket anyway.

Your problem is your playbook only has one play: when confronted with an opposing view or expose' of your own partisan hypocrisy, call the person "partisan Liberal" and attack the label. Probably got it from a hack like Limbaugh.

Again, it has nothing to do with whether or not we agree or disagree. It has to do with you being an idiot. It makes no difference to me what you believe; I am, however highly amused at your stupid and pitiful justifications of it.

You can ask around, if you want. Plenty of people on both sides of the aisle have caught flak from me not for disagreeing with me, but for being too stupid to put together a rational thought no matter what they believed. Like I said...support group's Monday nights, bring donuts.

Again, it has nothing to do with whether or not we agree or disagree. It has to do with you being an idiot. It makes no difference to me what you believe; I am, however highly amused at your stupid and pitiful justifications of it.

You can ask around, if you want. Plenty of people on both sides of the aisle have caught flak from me not for disagreeing with me, but for being too stupid to put together a rational thought no matter what they believed. Like I said...support group's Monday nights, bring donuts.

I think you found your new conner