Want To Slash Government Waste?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Labills favorite "investigative journalist"* super racist James O'Keefe!

Astute followers of the nutty teabag far right will remember O'Keefe for his past "gotcha" moments involving favorite and predictable konservative targets such as Planned Parenthood, ACORN, and the US census bureau among others, all set up by O'Keefe with that most cowardly of journalistic ploys: the hidden camera. An absolutely screwy and lewd failed prank was attempted on CNN's Abbie Boudreau (!?) but badly backfired in O'Keefe's face last fall, as well as a three year probation sentence handed down to him for his attempt to bug a US senator's phones. Well looks like he went after yet another konservative right boogeyman in NPR using the same bad technology and the same obvious editing and video altering that was used on ACORN. I really don't understand O'Keefe's motivations other than that of a wingnut lunatic. Look at his targets, and by extension the targets of the far radical right in this country,...an organization devoted to woman's reproductive health, an organization devoted to helping the disenfranchised register to vote, a governmental organization that counts how many people we have and finally a public media information outlet. Somehow according to a bigoted dickwad like O'Keefe these targets are bankrupting the country somehow what with NPR receiving two million a year...why it's robbery I tell you!

I don't give Andy Breitbart's flunky much longer and thank god for that because O'Keefe is truly creepy. One more slip up and I doubt he will be able to escape the hoosegow again. For us folks disgusted by O'Keefe's big brotheresque tactics that day will be sooner rather than later

Oh yeah...the asterisk next to "investigative journalist" denotes what O'Keefe is now referring to himself as...though nobody else does.

Look up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Labills favorite "investigative journalist"* super racist James O'Keefe!

Astute followers of the nutty teabag far right will remember O'Keefe for his past "gotcha" moments involving favorite and predictable konservative targets such as Planned Parenthood, ACORN, and the US census bureau among others, all set up by O'Keefe with that most cowardly of journalistic ploys: the hidden camera. An absolutely screwy and lewd failed prank was attempted on CNN's Abbie Boudreau (!?) but badly backfired in O'Keefe's face last fall, as well as a three year probation sentence handed down to him for his attempt to bug a US senator's phones. Well looks like he went after yet another konservative right boogeyman in NPR using the same bad technology and the same obvious editing and video altering that was used on ACORN. I really don't understand O'Keefe's motivations other than that of a wingnut lunatic. Look at his targets, and by extension the targets of the far radical right in this country,...an organization devoted to woman's reproductive health, an organization devoted to helping the disenfranchised register to vote, a governmental organization that counts how many people we have and finally a public media information outlet. Somehow according to a bigoted dickwad like O'Keefe these targets are bankrupting the country somehow what with NPR receiving two million a year...why it's robbery I tell you!

I don't give Andy Breitbart's flunky much longer and thank god for that because O'Keefe is truly creepy. One more slip up and I doubt he will be able to escape the hoosegow again. For us folks disgusted by O'Keefe's big brotheresque tactics that day will be sooner rather than later

Oh yeah...the asterisk next to "investigative journalist" denotes what O'Keefe is now referring to himself as...though nobody else does.

Hey, remember when your compatriots at the Buffalo Beast used the exact same tactics?

As a good friend and head of the local chapter of the ACLU told me today "Hey...what the Beast did was perfectly legal in Wisconsin until last week".

No less so than what O'Keefe did.

Which wasn't my point anyway.

Someone want to explain again how NPR isn't biased?

other than "democracy now" it really isn't. "all things considered" is very balanced imo. many, if not most topics and shows aren't even political and they DO cover things that no one else even scratches the surface of, especially science topics. and yes, academics are often interviewed. while that's commonly seen by the right as a travesty now, it hasn't been for most of modern history except in fascist regimes.

"Point"? Have you ever had one here?

How about the one where I pointed out that you're bitching about a tactic that your side (specifically: people that you are DIRECTLY associated with) uses as well. Pointing out your delusional hypocrisy isn't a point?

By the way, your ACLU pal is wrong.

The frightening Bundyesque side of O'Keefe's tactics

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20018030-503544.html

You know what's really frightening? That a young guy can single-handedly wipe out multi-million dollar taxpayer dollar sinkholes like ACORN and NPR with a couple of bucks and a video camera.

But no. The problem is O'Keefe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by LABillzFan

other than "democracy now" it really isn't. "all things considered" is very balanced imo. many, if not most topics and shows aren't even political and they DO cover things that no one else even scratches the surface of, especially science topics. and yes, academics are often interviewed. while that's commonly seen by the right as a travesty now, it hasn't been for most of modern history except in fascist regimes.

No, it really is. Public broadcasting by its very definition attracts people with a certain value set (currently considered a "liberal" value set - but really, the label's not important). You have to believe you're performing a public service, furthering the public good, are acting as a valid check and balance to the establishment as part of the "fourth estate". The simple fact that the people who apply and are hired there by default introduces a bias towards that shared value system - and more, a tendency to portray any view not of that value system as "outside" or, worse, "invalid". It's not a conscious bias, but it is present (and not just at NPR, but at most media outlets, and many other organizations. Your average public defender's office, for example, leans heavily liberal for precisely the same reason).

Note, too, that "Well, what about Fox?" is a completely invalid response to the above. I'm describing the subtle, unconscious bias that a group of like-minded people reinforcing their shared world-view with each other inevitably have. Fox is a completely different animal: their bias is a completely conscious editorial decision (which in some ways is better - at least they're freakin' honest about being intellectually dishonest).

Wow. Only far right teabagging bozos like you, DC Tommy boy and Gecko would consider NPR a sinkhole. What's going to be O'Keefe's next target? The EPA? Anyways like I said before O'Keefe's a moron, basically Andy Brietbart's pissboy, so no...it doesn't matter if it's O'Keefe or not. I'm sure when he goes away some other konservative young stooge will take his place.

Do you actually have a relevant point or are you just looking to spout some cliches?

My point was that it would be difficult to find conservative hosts for many of the types of shows NPR produces.

I wasn't even considering your post to be honest. Anyway, I thought the point was clear. Two liberal outfits working together to make money. Good marriage I thought

Wow. Only far right teabagging bozos like you, DC Tommy boy and Gecko would consider NPR a sinkhole. What's going to be O'Keefe's next target? The EPA? Anyways like I said before O'Keefe's a moron, basically Andy Brietbart's pissboy, so no...it doesn't matter if it's O'Keefe or not. I'm sure when he goes away some other konservative young stooge will take his place.

Moron. When did I say "sinkhole"? The people attracted to working at NPR are going to be attracted to public service - i.e. have values currently considered "liberal". NPR is biased liberal. NPR is biased liberal because they hire liberals. NPR hires liberals because conservatives, by nature of their vaules, seek completely different opportunities.

That's not even remotely a value judgement, just stating a verifiable fact that should be blisteringly obvious to anyone not currently having their head stuck up their ass.

Moron. When did I say "sinkhole"? The people attracted to working at NPR are going to be attracted to public service - i.e. have values currently considered "liberal". NPR is biased liberal. NPR is biased liberal because they hire liberals. NPR hires liberals because conservatives, by nature of their vaules, seek completely different opportunities.

That's not even remotely a value judgement, just stating a verifiable fact that should be blisteringly obvious to anyone not currently having their head stuck up their ass.

Working at NPR is public service?

Wow. Only far right teabagging bozos like you...

Louder. And more often, please. You've almost got all the far right Islamophoic teabagging nutjobs too scared to do anything other than sit down, shut up, and let the progressives keep running things.

You know what else works in addition to calling them teabaggers? Threatening to kill any legislator who dare defy the great progressive movement.

Oh, and trash public buildings. That's a great one, too.

And bang drums. That's fun, too.

Why, at this pace, in a year from now, you'll have everyone too afraid to do anything short of sit in the forest and cry for all the dying trees. :lol:

CRANK IT UP, BABY!!! This version is AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBXNjj9QvYo

Louder. And more often, please. You've almost got all the far right Islamophoic teabagging nutjobs too scared to do anything other than sit down, shut up, and let the progressives keep running things.

You know what else works in addition to calling them teabaggers? Threatening to kill any legislator who dare defy the great progressive movement.

Oh, and trash public buildings. That's a great one, too.

And bang drums. That's fun, too.

Why, at this pace, in a year from now, you'll have everyone too afraid to do anything short of sit in the forest and cry for all the dying trees. :lol:

CRANK IT UP, BABY!!! This version is AWESOME!

MUCH better version.

Non-profit, taxpayer- and volunteer-funded. Call it charity work if it makes you feel better...same value system either way.

Charity work is when you don't get paid. I am certain the executives at NPR are fairly compensated.

I just have a thing about that "public service" label. It always kills me when a US senator,with all the power and prestige that position brings,refers to himself as "public servant".