• Robert Quinn
    • AJ Green
    • Patrick Peterson
    • Prince Amukamara
    • Von MIller
    • Blaine Gabbert
    • Cameron Jordan
    • Other

Now that the Combine is over, who still feels the same as they did prior to the combine?

In the previous poll the results were:

1. Cam Newton (54 votes [26.73%])
  2. Nick Fairley (43 votes [21.29%])
  3. Marcel Dareus (38 votes [18.81%])
  4. Robert Quinn (31 votes [15.35%])
  5. Von MIller (10 votes [4.95%])
  6. DaQuan Bowers (7 votes [3.47%])
  7. Blaine Gabbert (6 votes [2.97%])
  8. AJ Green (6 votes [2.97%])
  9. Cameron Jordan (4 votes [1.98%])
  10. Patrick Peterson (2 votes [0.99%])
  11. Prince Amukamara (0 votes [0.00%])
  12. Other (1 votes [0.50%])

I just looked into the crystal ball and saw that Cam Newton's % of vote will go down. Dareus will go up. Quinn will go down (he def doesnt run a 4.37). Miller will go up. Patrick Peterson will go up.

I chose Newton last poll. I still like him, but I am more confidant in Miller and Dareus now than I was before. I chose Miller this time (roast me) due to his explosiveness, athleticism and leadership. You can't teach what he has. He is a risk, but I believe he will overcome whatever shortcomings he has, and will become a star. I wouldnt be upset if we chose Newton, I think he could be special in Chans system. The problem is, how long will chan be here? We all know we need a franchise QB, can Cam become one? You're guess is as good as mine. I think Dareus is the safest pick, but also the most unentertaining, jmo. I would also be happy drafting Fairley or Quinn. I'm a little scared of Fairleys work ethic. I am only basing that on his body. It doesn't look like he spends too much time on his body, which could trigger injuries. His burst off the line and penetration is impressive. Quinn looks the part of a great OLB, but he's never played it before. His ability to get to the QB is unquestioned. I think Peterson and Green, while playing positions that aren't "needed" as much by the Bills, will be special players. As much as we need front 7 help and a franchise QB, adding a superstar to the team can only help. I think both will be stars. I like Gabbert, but I hate his hair. I wouldnt want him unless he promised to get a hair cut. I don't feel Amukamara, Bowers or Jordan are worth the #3 pick. What do you guys think? Did you change your mind after the combine?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough decision, but I went with Quinn. I wouldn't mind 9 of those players listed, including JJ Watt, but Quinn has the chance to become something really special if he can stay healthy. I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone by the time we pick though.

I voted for Quinn before, and my vote hasn't changed. I don't think you need a hybrid olb to run a 4.37 40 anyways. That's a bit unheard of.

That is unheard of....too bad he ran a 4.7 at the combine. Eager to see what he runs at the UNC pro day...if he's allowed to be there.

I was only able to watch coverage yesterday and today but, seeing as how I wouldn't mind them drafting front seven all day, I was glad I could catch it. Those who impressed me most were:

Dareus - that 10 yard split on his first 40 was as good as most good RBs. For a man that size, that's scary.

Miller - extremely explosive, didn't lose ANY quickness after gaining nine pounds. He's a player.

Peterson - for obvious reasons (with apologies to Bill in NYC).

Watt - this guy is a stud

Quinn - lacked the explosion I was expecting but still showed his potential. He's probably not in top form after

missing all that time.

There were several others that looked ok (Kerrigan, Jordan, etc). I have concerns about Fairley. He's lost weight and I don't see him maintaining pad level against the behemoths he'll see every week. Still, it's hard to ignore how he looks on game-tape. I don't know. I'll flip a coin and take Dareus or Miller. I give them even grades.

GO BILLS!!!

Still happy with Green or Peterson. I had Green 1 and Peterson as 1a. After Peterson's performance I'd rank him equal to if not slightly ahead of Green. This guy will be a terror patrolling the secondary.

I also had Newton as the third guy I'd have been happy with, but based on his disappointing combine and massive hype campaign, he's out.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

That is unheard of....too bad he ran a 4.7 at the combine. Eager to see what he runs at the UNC pro day...if he's allowed to be there.

Yeah. We will definitely not be able to line him up at deep prevent free safety and have him get to the quarterback (cut to scene of Lancelot running in Holy Grail). Al Davis will not be drafting him. I think he will be a very good football player and wouldn't mind him at all, but I'm still preferring Dareus. And as I have been saying for a while, I don't think Fairly will be drafted #1, but I'm not sure I prefer him to Dareus anyway.

I believed there was a great chance Marcel Darues would be there for the Bills taking at #3, but that was a few weeks ago.

I think he's the best prospect in the draft and as things sort themselves out over the next 2 months, I think he'll end up going #1 or #2.

If Carolina decides against taking a QB, there decision will come down to dareus or Quinn. In the end I think Dareus would win out as he's the more proven prospect of the two, and with the #1 pick you don't want to get too risky.

Too bad, too because Dareus would've beefed up the Bills run D immediately, while also providing a nice pass rush from the inside on passing downs.