Combine Watching

1B4IDie

and he's not that good at pass blocking or run blocking. I'm not a big fan of Solder at all.

He did look shaky in the Senior Bowl, (no matter what draftniks write)

But it does take time for an O-Line to gel so the senior bowl isn't the best display of O-Line talent.

just saw he gave up 5 sacks in 3 seasons. That's pretty good considering the level of competition.

It's not uncommon to see OT's come out who haven't had a sack attributed to them for a season or two. I'm not sure who is providing the stats, but I assume the teams these players play for. It's possible that the 5 sack figure doesn't really tell you how much pressure he allowed either. Colorado isn't on tv as much as they used to be, but the few times I saw him he did not look dominant.

just saw he gave up 5 sacks in 3 seasons. That's pretty good considering the level of competition.

i think i remember mike williams never allowing a sack at texas....whoops. but i actually like solder and think he would be a beast for us at rt and if he happens to be there in the 3rd(doubtful) i would love it.

Yes, I think so as well. Anyone know what round he's projected to go in?

Don't know. Can the kid block? I tend to like all-around tight ends more than receiving only ones.

i think i remember mike williams never allowing a sack at texas....whoops. but i actually like solder and think he would be a beast for us at rt and if he happens to be there in the 3rd(doubtful) i would love it.

Depending on how the Bills view him, Solder might be a good value at #34. Is there really a chance that he would slide down to the 3rd round?

Don't know. Can the kid block? I tend to like all-around tight ends more than receiving only ones.

Depending on how the Bills view him, Solder might be a good value at #34. Is there really a chance that he would slide down to the 3rd round?

There is a chance anything can happen in the draft. Everything up until then is just guessing by all of us. Given the general thought that this OT class is weak, it could end up like last years QB clas where even well known QBs were sliding to the 3rd.

Depending on what we do in the 1st, Im not sure I would pick Solder if he were there at #34.

I think, given the amount of DLs and LBs in this draft, we can go Offense at #3 and then address the front 7 in rounds 2-4. 16 out of the 32 top rated guys on ESPN's page are DLs. That doesnt include LBs. At least a few will fall to us at #34.

I would be happy with a draft of:

Newton, Heyward, Solder, Matthews (but I dont think Matthews makes it to the 4th. Moch maybe?)

Edited by DrDankenstein

and he's not that good at pass blocking or run blocking. I'm not a big fan of Solder at all.

Is Solder 6'8" or 6'9"? Either way, that seems like a great disadvantage for an OL.

Isn't blocking all about leverage? And isn't leverage lost when you are very tall?

I strongly doubt that. This is one game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_VBKVmhyAo

Missouri did the same thing to him. Put speed on him and he's in serious trouble. His tech is atrocious, he stands straight up on pass protection.

I'm sure there are more than one O-line coach who believe they can fix him. I'm not so sure.

Is Solder 6'8" or 6'9"? Either way, that seems like a great disadvantage for an OL.

Isn't blocking all about leverage? And isn't leverage lost when you are very tall?

Usually teams like taller tackles because taller people usually have larger wingspans and longer arms. Most tackles in the NFL I would say are around 6'6" to 6'8" on average. But what would I know

I strongly doubt that. This is one game.

youtube.com/watch?v=R_VBKVmhyAo

Missouri did the same thing to him. Put speed on him and he's in serious trouble. His tech is atrocious, he stands straight up on pass protection.

I'm sure there are more than one O-line coach who believe they can fix him. I'm not so sure.

Wow...I hadn't seen any of him at all...if that's what he is I want nothing to do with him.