Donte's tweet.....

buffalo_bills

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that was interesting myself; unsure of how to take it. Then again, my mind has been full, trying to digest the Grammy's.

Whitner has the chance to succeed here in Buffalo and I think he can contribute to this team more then many realize. He is a popular person on these boards but I think he catches too much heat.

Donte needs to stop sounding like an over-emotional diva. Enough with the public "woe is me" about uncertainty surrounding your contract. MAN UP!! You're an NFL defender, for crying out loud! Act like it.

Pouting like a teenager waiting by the phone for a boy to call won't get you respect, Donte. Shut the F up and make a play!

In actuality, Whitner is considered one of the leaders on defense. the team.

Leader of a team with one of the worst defenses in the nfl for the last 6 years...(his whole career). He couldn't cover Steven Hawking. He enjoys spending time rolling around getting tased all over Cleveland when he is not getting trucked by Slammin Sammy Morris. We desperately need to resign this team "leader".

Edited by Brian Billick

"Well, we do have the coaching in Buffalo that it takes to win...and the talent. But will I be a part of the turnaround?"

Lets see, the Bills have gone from 7-9 in 2006, to 7-9 in 2007, to 7-9 in 2008 to 6-10 in 2009, to 4-12 in 2010. I would say maybe the turnaround will come once Super Safety Whitner is playing for someone else.

Donte needs to stop sounding like an over-emotional diva. Enough with the public "woe is me" about uncertainty surrounding your contract. MAN UP!! You're an NFL defender, for crying out loud! Act like it.

Pouting like a teenager waiting by the phone for a boy to call won't get you respect, Donte. Shut the F up and make a play!

:thumbsup:

I'd guess that Whitner's agent told him to stop being so stupid with his tweets. It's moronic for him to say anything bad about his contract with the Bills, he wants the Bills and every other team to bid on him so his price goes up, plus he doesn't want to show other teams that he can be a malcontent. He's clearly backtracking from his previous statements that he probably played his last game here (which he probably did anyway, it doesn't really matter). When free agency eventually starts, I'd bet he says he wants to come back to the Bills, but it will just be a ploy, and will be exactly what he should be doing and saying.

In actuality, Whitner is considered one of the leaders on defense. the team.

You think his teammates see him as a leader? Why on earth would they? He never shuts up and they see him get burned weekly. They saw him get benched in 2009.

If he is what pases for this team's leader, we are doomed until he's gone.

Seeing as how he cleared out his locker and left before the media even entered the locker room I'd say he's done in Buffalo despite the crap he's tweeting now. This guy took alot of heat but was a decent to good safety. Unfair expectations were placed when he was drafted so high. Blame Levy. Whitner prepared well and got the most out of his ability.

Leader of a team with one of the worst defenses in the nfl for the last 6 years...(his whole career). He couldn't cover Steven Hawking. He enjoys spending time rolling around getting tased all over Cleveland when he is not getting trucked by Slammin Sammy Morris. We desperately need to resign this team "leader".

:bag:

"Well, we do have the coaching in Buffalo that it takes to win...and the talent. But will I be a part of the turnaround?"

http://twitter.com/DonteWhitner

"80% chance of me returning to the BILLS???"

The first tweet is interesting. Who knows, maybe our time may be coming.

I'm tired of Whitner being a better tweeter then tackler or ball hawk as a former top 10 draft pick. Now that the Bills have hired Wanny, if Donte remains in Buffalo, we should finally find out just how good or average he really is.