Did Shaud Williams seal T. Henry's fate?

The_Real

I know it is hard to let go of Travis Henry, but did this guy make an impression on anyone else? He is really explosive and plays to the whistle. I know size has GOT to be a concern, but the guy could be a nice back up.

Could that pave the way for a Travis Henry trade?

T_R

I know it is hard to let go of Travis Henry, but did this guy make an impression on anyone else?  He is really explosive and plays to the whistle.  I know size has GOT to be a concern, but the guy could be a nice back up. 

T_R

158860[/snapback]

No. A meaningless drive against a beaten and injured opponent in a game that is decided is not how depth is gauged.

Henry will be traded if TD can get fair value for him. Of course, that's TD perception of fair value, not the posters here. ;)

I know it is hard to let go of Travis Henry, but did this guy make an impression on anyone else?  He is really explosive and plays to the whistle.  I know size has GOT to be a concern, but the guy could be a nice back up. 

T_R

158860[/snapback]

Travis, imo, was already a done deal. If the Bills can scrape up a 6th round pick for him, he will be traded. If not, he will be cut, and people will be saying that "TD sucks."

Travis Henry is a lousy football player.

Travis, imo, was already a done deal. If the Bills can scrape up a 6th round pick for him, he will be traded. If not, he will be cut, and people will be saying that "TD sucks."

158867[/snapback]

This HAS to be the dumbest post in TBD history. A 6th rounder? Are you crazy?

158867[/snapback]

Someone here was touting Travis as a "top 5" RB two months ago. ;)

That drive was meaningless. But Shaud did show good play in the pre-season.

The Cleveland drive was meaningless but the preseason was not?

Did you just call somebody else's post the dumbest on TBD history? ;)

This morning when Bill was clpping his nails, he lost more brain cells than you'll ever possess.

He looked great in pre-season and I like him a lot. It was the end of the game yes, but he has taken advantage of his opportunity's. I think Travis is gone and I hope we get a No 2 for him but all I know is some team will get a very solid player in Travis.

This HAS to be the dumbest post in TBD history. A 6th rounder? Are you crazy?

158869[/snapback]

Wait and see Bro. He cannot block, remember pass routes, catch the football, and slides on his ass on crucial plays. Oh, and he is banged up with injuries. Do you think that GMs around the league will fail to notice this?

No sense arguing now. Watch and see.

158867[/snapback]

Actually...I dont think that Travis is a lousy football player....far from it...

BUT

One thing that is really sticking out to me is the ability to handle competition......I mean....you want your starting back to take on that challange when a team drafts someone else and say "this is my team and sit your @ss on the bench" with his play....not his mouth

For some reason....Travis needed to have his ego stroked and the bills stroked it for as long as they could...even when he wasn't performing....in the end he was "olay" pass blocking which was something he DIDN"T do last year.....last year when Henry was in a position to do it he would sacrifice his body to absolutely stone a blitzer.......

Something in Henry's mental ability broke long before his physical body was injured...I was sad to see it......but life moves on and now we have Willis

too expensive? hes one the most underpaid backs in the league. hes a bargain for both, starter and backup. with or without shaud williams, travis was gonna be gone by next season regardless

bill in nyc, im sure you werent sayin that when he rushed for 1400 and 1350 were ya?

Actually...I dont think that Travis is a lousy football player....far from it...

BUT

One thing that is really sticking out to me is the ability to handle competition......I mean....you want your starting back to take on that challange when a team drafts someone else and say "this is my team and sit your @ss on the bench" with his play....not his mouth

For some reason....Travis needed to have his ego stroked and the bills stroked it for as long as they could...even when he wasn't performing....in the end he was "olay" pass blocking which was something he DIDN"T do last year.....last year when Henry was in a position to do it he would sacrifice his body to absolutely stone a blitzer.......

Something in Henry's mental ability broke long before his physical body was injured...I was sad to see it......but life moves on and now we have Willis

158879[/snapback]

OK. What do you realistically think that the Bills can get for him in terms of a draft pick? Please, do not think as strictly a Bills fan. What do you think TD can get for him?

The Cleveland drive was meaningless but the preseason was not?

Did you just call somebody else's post the dumbest on TBD history?  ;)

This morning when Bill was clpping his nails, he lost more brain cells than you'll ever possess.

158872[/snapback]

Your either stupid or you just cant understand what I wrote and put meaning to it. The Cleveland drive was a POS drive and everyone on here knows it. Another poster already sayed that above. NOW - im not saying the pre-season was meaningless. I was just mentioning that he ALSO looked good in the pre-season. Making the point, that everyone says that pre-season doesnt matter. So why should 3 minutes left in a game where the Cleveland starting D' is out matter? It is basically the same thing.

Im sorry I had to waste my time rewriting my posts because idiots like you dont understand them.

158867[/snapback]

You are right that the desire to trade Henry is already a done deal (though because it takes a wlling partner it is not a completely done deal). However, I disagree with your assessment on TH being a lousy player.

1. Generally lousy players do not put up back-to-back 1300 yard rushing seasons/

2. Claims that he can\t b;iyz pick-up strike me as overblown because while this isn't the strongrst part of his game like it was when it was a weapon for TT he is adequate at the job as seen by him doing this work effectively for the less than fleet-footed Bledsoe when he hit Moulds for 100 receptions and Price for 94.

3. Claims that he cannot catch passes ignore the fact his highest total in his brief time as a pro RG was 40+ catches in a season and his downturn to 20+ last year had a bit too do with Kevin Killdrive deciding not to throw to him after he dropped a couple.

I think Henry demonstrated he was a good player when he played the game through the pain of a broken bone and still was productive.

He's not one of the top 5 RBs in the league, but being in the top 5 is a mark of greatness and I still think he qualifies as good and far above your determination that he is lousy.

too expensive? hes one the most underpaid backs in the league. hes a bargain for both, starter and backup. with or without shaud williams, travis was gonna be gone by next season regardless

bill in nyc, im sure you werent sayin that when he rushed for 1400 and 1350 were ya?

158881[/snapback]

I don't know about Bill In NYC, but I sure the hell was. Travis Henry was not as good as folks around here think. He is a dime per dozen back, who was lucky enough to be the best of a lousy pack of running backs. He can't block, catches poorly and just could not adjust. His limited mental ability also limited the offense the Bills could run.

Again I repeat, I did say he sucked back then.

BTW, who is Travis Henry again, does he even play for us anymore?

OK. What do you realistically think that the Bills can get for him in terms of a draft pick? Please, do not think as strictly a Bills fan. What do you think TD can get for him?

158883[/snapback]

I really think that TD would do very well to get a mid 2nd rounder for him.

158883[/snapback]

I don't think TD will let him go for anything below a 2nd round pick. If he can't get a second then I think he will be on the Bills roster next year. I think Travis is a very good RB WHEN he wants to be. At the time Willis was drafted was the beginning of the end for the Bills and Travis. He's become a bit of a pouter and a baby but when he wants to be he will become a 1400 yard rusher again and some team will get lucky to land him

Im sorry I had to waste my time rewriting my posts because idiots like you dont understand them.

Actually, I'm sorry too.

In the future, please feel free to allow me to wallow in my ignorance.

Pretty please?

T_R

158860[/snapback]

Decent backs are a dime-a-dozen. I like Williams, he was the leading rusher in the SEC in 2003 and is durable and physical for his size. It helps that he has that knack for not taking the brunt of a big hit. But quality back up running backs are not that hard to find. Joe Burns is an adequate backup, as long as he holds on to the football and they don't try to throw it to him.

T_R

158860[/snapback]

No, not at all. Williams went down after first contact every time. Henry breaks tackles. Not like McGahee, but he still breaks tackles. Williams just doesn't have the weight to do so.

No, not at all. Williams went down after first contact every time. Henry breaks tackles. Not like McGahee, but he still breaks tackles. Williams just doesn't have the weight to do so.

158949[/snapback]

No he certainly did not. He had a few runs where he broke tackles really well. Look at his TD run. He dragged a couple of guys the last two yards if I recall correctly.

Am I the only one who was really impressed with Henry as a pure runner. I thought as I pure runner he was better than Thurman. He was lousy at everything else, especially picking up blitzes, and this year he was just horrible, period. Slipping all over. But, 2 years ago, I never saw anybody break so many tackles, since Earl Campbell. Last year, the last 10 games, he was almost as impressive.

Am I the only one who was really impressed with Henry as a pure runner.  I thought as I pure runner he was better than Thurman.  He was lousy at everything else, especially picking up blitzes, and this year he was just horrible, period.  Slipping all over.  But, 2 years ago, I never saw anybody break so many tackles, since Earl Campbell.  Last year, the last 10 games, he was almost as impressive.

158964[/snapback]

Willis is better. But lets remember Travis is a good RB. Stick him in Denver and he gets 1,600 yards and 14 TD's.

Remember when TD picked Willis - the whole town was about to tar and feather him. We loved Henry.

Your either stupid or you just cant understand what I wrote and put meaning to it. The Cleveland drive was a POS drive and everyone on here knows it. Another poster already sayed that above. NOW - im not saying the pre-season was meaningless. I was just mentioning that he ALSO looked good in the pre-season. Making the point, that everyone says that pre-season doesnt matter. So why should 3 minutes left in a game where the Cleveland starting D' is out matter? It is basically the same thing.

158892[/snapback]

Ooh, somebody's fishing for a timeout.