Wannstedt on radio

FluffHead

Thanks!

Q: "Are you a short-timer here?"

a: "Oh no, I'm in with both feet" paraphrasing: I didn't need to do this but I enjoy the challenge and who I'll be working with.

Did any of the "George Edwards is OK, he's just working with bad talent" posters call in to harrass Wanny?

If they did, they weren't taken. Only a couple of questions got asked before they switched to old stories. Was good overall albeit brief. Stated the company line that he's coaching the ILBs but will help out all over. Stated that he's worked with Edwards before along with other coaching staff.

He thought the defense took hits early on during due to 3-4 switch and (from another interview section) that the coaches didn't yet know what each players individual strengths were so they couldn't scheme to take advantage of them. Thought they got noticeably better through the year in the little things.

Was pleased with the attitude of the players, not at all what you'd expect given their record. The feeling amongst the players is that they will do much better next year.

Wasn't worried at all about being able to stop the run. To me, he sounded shockingly confident that would be taken care of. This was probably the only real surprise to me in the whole interview. Supremely confident in this.

...Wasn't worried at all about being able to stop the run. To me, he sounded shockingly confident that would be taken care of. This was probably the only real surprise to me in the whole interview. Supremely confident in this.

To be blunt, there is really no place to go but up!

If they did, they weren't taken. Only a couple of questions got asked before they switched to old stories. Was good overall albeit brief. Stated the company line that he's coaching the ILBs but will help out all over. Stated that he's worked with Edwards before along with other coaching staff.

He thought the defense took hits early on during due to 3-4 switch and (from another interview section) that the coaches didn't yet know what each players individual strengths were so they couldn't scheme to take advantage of them. Thought they got noticeably better through the year in the little things.

Was pleased with the attitude of the players, not at all what you'd expect given their record. The feeling amongst the players is that they will do much better next year.

Wasn't worried at all about being able to stop the run. To me, he sounded shockingly confident that would be taken care of. This was probably the only real surprise to me in the whole interview. Supremely confident in this.

If you don't have confidence you don't belong in the NFL.

It was a real good interview. One gets a real sense of his personality.

Here's the podcast of the interview. Wannstache joins the hosts at about 10:30 in (about halfway on the progress bar).

http://rope.wedg-fm.fimc.net/SnRpodcasts/021011hour2-2.mp3

He talks about his relationship with Gailey, his experiences in Dallas, Chicago, and Miami, and a bunch of other stuff.

He speaks with Shred and Ragan for about 14 minutes.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

just what we need

another cocky over-confident clown who has never coached the 3-4 defense he is so confident of fixing

just what we need

another cocky over-confident clown who has never coached the 3-4 defense he is so confident of fixing

It's true, if you've never been dc for a 3-4, you can't know anything about it

Dick Lebeau would be baffled in a meeting room discussing the 4-3.

I hope you're being sarcastic

Very much.

DW has coached defenses his whole life. Technique between the two schemes is only so different. He has also been a headcoach that has gameplanned against the 34 and scouted players coming out of 34 schemes. Not to mention he probably has a lot of close friends and colleagues that he has probably discussed some of it's principals with.

I'm pretty sure even if we never have 4 men with their hand on the ground, he will be a huge asset.

No wonder he held out the the title, Assistant HC.

He's got 331/3% more personnel to coach than a LB Coach in the 4-3.

To take your thought one step further, it's worth noting that Dick LeBeau became a proponent of the 34 because he never could grasp the intricacies of the 43. He was clueless when it came to even-man fronts. If it weren't for the advent of the 34, I'm pretty sure LeBeau would be out of football.

GO BILLS!!!

I hope you're being sarcastic

ya think

10-6 and a wc baby. you heard it here first, well actually you coulda heard it in early november on another site that shall remain nameless except it has the words buffalo and bills and insider in it but still i am the first semi-human on record to predict a playoff spot for the bills in '12 so mark it down and prepare to bow down so if youre keeping score you will a) mark it down now and 3) bow down later and not bow as in bow tie and not bow as in arrow but bow as in bow down to the royal majesty that is my playoff prediction

331/3%

bonus points for excellent use of html marking

ps bite me edit timer nazi had to fix some typos

Edited by Meathead

To take your thought one step further, it's worth noting that Dick LeBeau became a proponent of the 34 because he never could grasp the intricacies of the 43. He was clueless when it came to even-man fronts. If it weren't for the advent of the 34, I'm pretty sure LeBeau would be out of football.

GO BILLS!!!

i hope your being sarcastic!!

i hope your being sarcastic!!

Sure, I could say I'm being sarcastic but that would just diminish the fact that LeBeau is a dunce when it comes to even-man fronts and couldn't coach a 43 even if his Hall-of-Fame career depended on it. Like I said, LeBeau is lucky the 34 came around when it did. Otherwise, he'd be out of the game.

GO BILLS!!!