IF 49ers send picks 7, 45, 107 to Buffalo for pick 3; SF targeting CB

Astrobot

DraftTek is going to use their Draft Lab to simulate a trade each week. One of the two scenarios involves the 49ers sending picks 7, 45, and 107 to Buffalo for pick 3. San Fran is targeting CB Peterson/Amukamara. Over forty percent of the votes in our discussion went to this scenario (the other one with just under 40% was Cardinals sending picks 5 & 69 to the Eagles for QB Kolb).

Would you pull the trigger on the Bills-SF trade?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DraftTek is going to use their Draft Lab to simulate a trade each week. One of the two scenarios involves the 49ers sending picks 7, 45, and 107 to Buffalo for pick 3. San Fran is targeting CB Peterson/Amukamara. Over forty percent of the votes in our discussion went to this scenario (the other one with just under 40% was Cardinals sending picks 5 & 69 to the Eagles for QB Kolb).

Absolutely.

Of course, but is San Fran really that desperate to pay another CB elite money? Even with the rookie cap the #3 pick is going to cost. I think they have more needs than that.

But again, in the off chance it's offered, it's a no brainer.

That would give us the ammo to trade back up into the 1st and still have at least one 2nd left. Definitely would do it.

Makes taking BPA much easier IMO.

It would also soften the blow of drafting Prince...

Edited by stony

THE 49ERS are one of the teams wanting a corner ,but DALLAS does too, 49ers may lose their qb ,they may want to trade up for a qb too.a trade down scenario isnt that unlikely as it once seemed .the additional picks in this years draft have greater value because of the number of juniors declaring and i d like to see a extra 2nd this year particularly

Of course, but is San Fran really that desperate to pay another CB elite money? Even with the rookie cap the #3 pick is going to cost. I think they have more needs than that.

But again, in the off chance it's offered, it's a no brainer.

Again, poorly run teams make the same errors over an over.

Just for fun, I ran the sim of sending Kolb to Carolina.

Sending Phili the #1 and 4th rnd, Carolina getting 3rd and Kolb.

1 3 Buffalo Patrick Peterson CB

2 34 Buffalo Kyle Rudolph TE

3 68 Buffalo Kelvin Sheppard ILB

4 99 Buffalo Wayne Daniels OLB34

4 121 Buffalo Kendrick Ellis DT34

5 130 Buffalo Cedric Thornton DE34

6 164 Buffalo Tyrod Taylor QB

7 195 Buffalo Derek Newton OT

Just for fun, I ran the sim of sending Kolb to Carolina.

Sending Phili the #1 and 4th rnd, Carolina getting 3rd and Kolb.

1 3 Buffalo Patrick Peterson CB

2 34 Buffalo Kyle Rudolph TE

3 68 Buffalo Kelvin Sheppard ILB

4 99 Buffalo Wayne Daniels OLB34

4 121 Buffalo Kendrick Ellis DT34

5 130 Buffalo Cedric Thornton DE34

6 164 Buffalo Tyrod Taylor QB

7 195 Buffalo Derek Newton OT

IF YOU THINK that Kolb is worth trading the 1st overall for you should go hit the doctor that dropped you on your head :wallbash:

In a freakin' heartbeat. Move down four spots and pick up an extra second? With as many needs as the Bills have? That's a complete no-brainer.

IF YOU THINK that Kolb is worth trading the 1st overall for you should go hit the doctor that dropped you on your head :wallbash:

I would hate the number one overall pick if I had to make it. I would keep hearing the cash register over and over and over and over...let someone else burden it. Plus, Carolina had no 2nd rounder and they got Phili's 3rd. I was just most interested to see what would happen changing the number 1 pick.

Carolina should be interested in Kolb! No inside info on whether they're exploring that option. That'd work for both teams.

Here is a sim of the Bills-SF trade scenario (this could also be for Gabbert, not just CB):

Bills acquire DT in Free Agency.

1 7 Marcell Dareus DE34 Alabama

2 34 Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame

2 45 Pat Devlin QB Delaware

3 68 Sam Acho OLB34 Texas

4 99 Owen Marecic ILB Stanford

4 107 Chris White ILB Mississippi State

4 121 Marcus Gilbert OT Florida

5 130 James Brewer OT Indiana

6 164 Shane Vereen RBF California

7 195 Jordan Cameron TE USC

There will be good value in the late (RD5-RD7) rounds this year for TE, RB, and CB.

4-3 DT's will come off the board slower than 3-4 DT's.

There will be early runs on DE and the better OT's.

I was right on my predictions last year!

Edited by Astrobot

Absolutely. I could sleep right drafting and paying Cammer at 7th instead of 3rd. But i'd like to see him drafted either way. This is me here: Team Newton

In a heartbeat.

PTR