Hey guys do not forget about Glee...

boyst

I would probably tend to agree with you however I'd have to of watched it or even know what it's about. I saw 14 bazillion commercials for it yesterday and I'm still not sure what it's about.

First prime time show the wife has watched in years. She and my youngest won't miss it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't tell you...could just be that she loves musicals. She finds one character extremely funny as well.

My wife and I are big into music. We both play instruments and live so many different types of music. From Celtic to Baroque to Punck to Prog Rock. We took one of my employees and his wife to see Wicked. We walked out after and my wife whispered in my ear. "Ok, it's official. I hate Broadway Musicals." Have I mentioned lately how much I love that woman.

My wife and I are big into music. We both play instruments and live so many different types of music. From Celtic to Baroque to Punck to Prog Rock. We took one of my employees and his wife to see Wicked. We walked out after and my wife whispered in my ear. "Ok, it's official. I hate Broadway Musicals." Have I mentioned lately how much I love that woman.

:bag: they loved Wicked too :bag:

Or it could just be a clever ruse to get away from me. :huh:

I used to have respect for Mrs Ball. :cry:

You know I've heard this from people. What's the attraction?

How can you have such a strong opinion about a show that you said this about?:

I would probably tend to agree with you however I'd have to of watched it or even know what it's about.

As near as I could tell... granted I wasn't glued to the set... it's a show about gay people doing gay things with some gay music thrown in just to ensure the gaiety of it all. ..not that there's anything wrong with any of that.

Gay, you say? Sounds like it is a really happy show...unless, I am missing something?

In all reality, there is one kid on there that is so clearly gay that it is hard to swallow. I have never seen a teenage boy who oozes so much homosexuality; I guess it is a sign of the times that he does not feel the pressure of society to hide it. The only thing I cannot stand about the show is that they force feed you the homosexual tolerance. I am not homophobic, by any means. The only show I somewhat watched was when a friend was over and the entire theme was how the kid had to leave school and another kid got charged with assualt and harassment and got in a ton of trouble because he was being bullied. It was right after Tyler Clementi's failed attempt at bungee jumping, too, of all times to air it. I would beat the kid up just for being annoying, not for being gay.

I didn't turn last nights show fast enough, the dancing cheerleaders with fire caught me, but it started out how a team is split over half of them being glee members and the rest being football players...it ended in a mini brawl. I also swear that the coach is a cross dressing fat dude...WTF...!

Can't tell you...could just be that she loves musicals. She finds one character extremely funny as well.

It is well done... There are social messages underneath it all... Shrouded in humor, hoakiness and "cheese." Maybe this is why some people don't like it... It really explores serious issues... Yet, they are so well hidden.

The underlying theme is tolerance... How can that be bad? The show is not really mindless yet lets on to make you believe it is. Some viewers would never figure that out.

Breaking down anything that has to do with social cliques is always a good. This coming from a person (me) who doesn't approve of certain lifestyles... Yet, tolerance is key... Finding new solutions to age old disputes... And again, breaking down social cliques.

Lats nights episode had one of the African-American jocks/member of the "popular clique" say after being forced into glee club for a week:

[Not exact quote]

"No show tunes, that is the music of my opressed people."

The only thing I cannot stand about the show is that they force feed you the homosexual tolerance.

Maybe society should stop force feding hetero superiority and finally treat all as equals with no special treatment to anybody because of social status.

I know I am going to take flak for saying this and people will twist it around... So be it... Fire away.

Maybe society should stop force feding hetero superiority and finally treat all as equals with no special treatment to anybody because of social status.

I know I am going to take flak for saying this and people will twist it around... So be it... Fire away.

You know what, that was actually a much better idea.

I think the issue I take with it is that it is done with laughs and is such a serious issue. It is like watching one of those Law & Order SVU's where the victim is raped, beaten and then kills herself...but it's okay, because at the end they show the hotline for suicide. It is something everything involved with Fox does, play both sides of the fence on a delicate balance.

How can you have such a strong opinion about a show that you said this about?:

I would probably tend to agree with you however I'd have to of watched it or even know what it's about.

Because I've heard people whose opinion I respect tell me how bad it is.

I know someone that is a studio singer in LA and has sung in a lot of commercials. She is one of the voices doing the intros and outros to commercials Can't stand the show. She did it because they pay well.

Edited by Wacka

Because I've heard people whose opinion I respect tell me how bad it is.

It is bad from a superficial side. Well done if a viewer actually thinks about the issues. Then again, I don't expect viewers to want to think when they watch TV... Many people use it more as an escape from reality.

In a way... I feel the show mocks the establishment... And anything that does that is a GOOD thing! Amazing it is coming out of Fox... Then again, that is my own stupid bias and bad stereotype of Fox... And I am sorry.

Gay, you say? Sounds like it is a really happy show...unless, I am missing something?

In all reality, there is one kid on there that is so clearly gay that it is hard to swallow. I have never seen a teenage boy who oozes so much homosexuality; I guess it is a sign of the times that he does not feel the pressure of society to hide it. The only thing I cannot stand about the show is that they force feed you the homosexual tolerance. I am not homophobic, by any means. The only show I somewhat watched was when a friend was over and the entire theme was how the kid had to leave school and another kid got charged with assualt and harassment and got in a ton of trouble because he was being bullied. It was right after Tyler Clementi's failed attempt at bungee jumping, too, of all times to air it. I would beat the kid up just for being annoying, not for being gay.

I didn't turn last nights show fast enough, the dancing cheerleaders with fire caught me, but it started out how a team is split over half of them being glee members and the rest being football players...it ended in a mini brawl. I also swear that the coach is a cross dressing fat dude...WTF...!

Hilarious. We were trying to figure through the whole show whether that was a dude or a chick. I still don't know!

You guys have very efficient conversations!

You haven't noticed over the years? Chef always has a (negative) opinion of things he claims too above to even be aware of...almost a compulsive need to make sure that everyone knows he doesn't like something that they like, even though he as no knowledge of it. That's what makes him Chef... :thumbsup:

Edited by Buftex