Your favorite potato chip?

Mr. Dink

When I was at the store today, I picked up some Cape Cod kettle cooked Parmesean Garlic chips...eating a few as we speak...so far, pretty tasty. Not as good as lays kettle sea salt/vinegar, but tasty.

Good ol' Erie (okay, Waterford, but it's close) chips. Love the Salt and Vinegar ones.

Maybe this 4th of July I'll order some online Troyer Farms chips and Smiths Hot Dogs.

Hmmm, now that I think about I wonder if there's enough time to order a box of Pulakos chocolates for Valentines Day.

Plenty have mentioned kettle cooked chips. If by kettle cooked you mean those chips that don't easily break and can shatter the roof of your mouth, or inflict a puncture wound if a shard snags you then I hates kettle chips.

:rolleyes: Oh fer cryin out loud Nancy! Just stick to scalloped potatoes then!

I like Hartley's Chips (I think they're made in northern PA.) Whenever I come home, my dad is always stocked up on the Hartley's and Bison chip dip.

Troyer Farms are good too, the salt and vinegar ones are great!

Ruffles had a flavor like that in the early 80's.

Did they really?

That reminds me, back in the 80s Doritos had a sour cream and onion flavor and I was hooked on those things. The nacho cheese ones have always been a favorite, but their sour cream/onion ones came in a green bag and I used to pound those things man. I don't know why they got rid of them :huh:

Maybe this 4th of July I'll order some online Troyer Farms chips and Smiths Hot Dogs.

Hmmm, now that I think about I wonder if there's enough time to order a box of Pulakos chocolates for Valentines Day.

I picked up some Smith's hot dogs one of the last times I was in Erie when I went to the new Fuhrman's Cider Mill on upper Peach St. I did know that Troyer Farms were available online from their site, but I didn't know 'bout Pulakos. I don't often go there, but I do like their chocolate bars w/ almonds. Plus, they're just 'cross the street from Mighty Fine Donuts, and I really like those (the plain ones go great w/ Fuhrman's cider!!).

Back a few years ago a company out of Hanover Pa bought The Troyers chip plant. Saying they would not close it down. Will guess what as of I believe the end of March the Waterford plant is closing,They will not be making chip there any more.Put over 100 people out of work.So I guess it you like thier chips you better buy up a few bags for the future.

Where do you fall on "cold potatoes" as you might find in German Potato Salad or Uhmerican Potato Salad? :unsure:

German potato salad can be eaten warm or cold and it is sehr gut in my book. Matter of fact I'd put it above tots, but below au gratin (and not the au gratin you get at a Texas BBQ joint...potatoes and velveeta don't mean au gratin).