Do you take a chance on Jake Locker?

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you draft him in the

• Second round
    • trade a 3rd and 4th to draft in the bottom 2nd.
    • no way too risky!

To play on this Sunday, Superbowl Sunday, teams have to take a chance and gamble for greatness. Locker could be a complete bust I know, but he has the most upside and could be a Elway type player IF he pans out. I'm tired of being bad and being just a Wildcard type team is'nt that great either. I say they should take a gamble and draft him in the the second round IF he is there.

1. Robert Quinn OLB. North Carolina

2. Jake Locker QB. Washington

3. Luke Stocker TE. Tennessee

4. Colin McCarthy ILB. Miami

4. Orlando Franklin OT. Miami

5. Josh Bynes ILB, Auburn.

6. Delone Carter RB, Syracuse.

7. Kyle Adams TE, Purdue.

Edited by bisonbrigade

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need an option for taking him in the 7th round, which I would not do - or as an undrafted FA, which I also would not do.

I'm not sure what the fascination is with this guy - did UW win any championships with Locker? Has the Huskies program experienced some sort of amazing rebirth under Locker unknown only to me? Does Locker hold a slew of NCAA, Pac 10, or even UW passing records?

What exactly is it about him that appeals to certain folks? :unsure:

Edited by The Senator

You need an option for taking him in the 7th round, which I would not do - or as an undrafted FA, which I would also not do.

I'm not sure what the fascination is with this guy - did UW win any championships with Locker? Has the Huskies program experienced some sort of amazing rebirth under Locker unknown only to me? Does Locker hold a slew of NCAA, Pac 10, or even UW passing records?

What exactly is it about him that appeals to certain folks? :unsure:

Another Todd McShay creation.

He should trademark the scrub QBs he propels to household names.

Shlocker is total garbage, the senior bowl just was the exclamation point on his horrible schlock ridden college career.

He crumbles under pressure like a styrofoam cup, has a losing record, an under 60% completion percentage and interviews like a nit wit.

I doubt he goes in the 1st 3 rounds.

He needs to go play baseball, he is not an NFL caliber QB by any stretch of the imagination and only draftnicks talk about his potential. Real NFL scouts know its a joke.

Trading back into the second to take him is even worse than taking him in the 2nd.

There is a lot of talent in the 3rd and 4th rounds in this year's draft. It would be a double or triple stupid move.

Edited by Why So Serious?

If we take someone like Bowers, Peterson or Miller in the 1st and Locker is there at our spot in the 2nd, then I would say take him. I'd be happy with it.

He can sit and learn for a year. With his mobility and Gailey's tutelage, he can be great, if he wants to be and is willing to put in the hard work.

If we take someone like Bowers, Peterson or Miller in the 1st and Locker is there at our spot in the 2nd, then I would say take him. I'd be happy with it.

He can sit and learn for a year. With his mobility and Gailey's tutelage, he can be great, if he wants to be and is willing to put in the hard work.

It seems he's willing to work and has not been great at the college level, why will he be great as a pro?

I could see him falling hard - I think he will be lucky to have a team going to bed on Friday night.

People, If you want a second round QB take Christian Ponder instead. He actually has much more potential than Locker.

I'm hoping Ponder will still be available to Buffalo in round 3 - just because I'm thinking there's a (very) remote chance Gabe Carimi may last 'til #34, or JJ Watt.

You just never know what surprises will occur on draft day. (Including the ones out of One Bills Drive :wacko: )

Edited by The Senator

Jake Locker in the 3rd would be all right and in fact I think it would be a good decision to make, allowing him a few years to develop while Fitz took the Offense and made all the pieces better....did Rodgers some good and I think Locker has the talent, but needs to develop the mental aspect of the game. He's played in a Pro Style offense so he's got a good start but this team needs Defense first two rounds, if he's stil there in the 3rd I think we should pull the trigger...but hey, whatever, except for WR there's no place this team couldn't get better.

Jake Locker in the 3rd would be all right and in fact I think it would be a good decision to make, allowing him a few years to develop while Fitz took the Offense and made all the pieces better....did Rodgers some good and I think Locker has the talent, but needs to develop the mental aspect of the game. He's played in a Pro Style offense so he's got a good start but this team needs Defense first two rounds, if he's stil there in the 3rd I think we should pull the trigger...but hey, whatever, except for WR there's no place this team couldn't get better.

I didn't realize we were that good at WR- good to know....

As I have said in other threads, there will be a QB in this draft that lights it up in a couple years and we will either have him or wish we did, problem is we just dont know who it is, that is why we are the fans, and they have people like buddy to make the decisions. I just hope he makes the right one.

To play on this Sunday, Superbowl Sunday, teams have to take a chance and gamble for greatness. Locker could be a complete bust I know, but he has the most upside and could be a Elway type player IF he pans out. I'm tired of being bad and being just a Wildcard type team is'nt that great either. I say they should take a gamble and draft him in the the second round IF he is there.

1. Robert Quinn OLB. North Carolina

2. Jake Locker QB. Washington

3. Luke Stocker TE. Tennessee

4. Colin McCarthy ILB. Miami

4. Orlando Franklin OT. Miami

5. Josh Bynes ILB, Auburn.

6. Delone Carter RB, Syracuse.

7. Kyle Adams TE, Purdue.

I Really don't like your first two round picks much...I know Quinn has a great physique and played great in 2009, but having missed the entire 2010 season I cannot make that selection if I'm the Bills ! Also Jake Locker did not have a very good season and his completion percentage is terrible. I'd so much prefer Fairley or Bowers if either is there. If not I would either trade down a few spots for more picks and still possibly get Quinn if that's what you want, or stay put and select either AJ Green WR or Prince..CB (But that's only if Fairley and Bowers is gone)...That being said I'll probably like your picks better than the actual selections the Bills make! ie: Bryan Orakapo passed to take Maybin!

My idea of taking a QB would be taking Dalton in the 3rd round.......it is a perfect positon to take a QB to develop.....Dalton can back up Fitz while he gets his NFL feet under him......and we dont give up premium picks like a 1st and 2nd rounder (which should both go on defense) To me the first 3 rounds are simple provided all the players are there....

1st - Robert Quinn or Marcel Darius

2nd - DT that got suspended

3rd - Dalton

I would probably go LB with BOTH of our 4th round picks

I would push hard for a ROT and TE in free agency

Fitz is the guy next year......Dalton backs him up..Brohm is history.....Brown is the 3rd guy. You let Dalton groom behind Brohm for a couple of years then go from there

Robert Quinn or Darius are very good defensive stoppers and provide pass rush pressure.......Carrington replaces Stroud who should be history.....Troup will be better next year....Moates looked like a keeper....you keep your fingers crossed on Shawn Merrimen but you are covered in case he turns into Mr. Glass again.....resign secondary guys MINUS Whitner......and your secondary is solid

On offense its a youth movement EXCEPT for your free agent ROT and TE.....Parrish and Easley are back....Stevie is back and you have Lee Evans stretching the field......you also have a couple other young guys who showed promise. Your running back tandem is set and I expect CJ to be better next year....a lot better. Fitz is the entrenched starter and actually gets the reps in training camp to have it together by opening day. Bell will finally get an offseason to work on biulding his strength......Levitre is entrenched at LG.....Wood should show the most improvment actually being 100 percent from his injury......Urbik steps in at RG......

I think 9-7 or 10-6 based off this offseason.