Andre's chances tonight

Corp000085

I'm not saying I would vote him in first ballot but I do think thats a media pick, he was always very beloved by the media

I give him zero shot to be selected in his first ballet chance. I think if he's ever put in, it dilutes what the HOF is about since he was a very good back, not a great back.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the 3 WRs, Reed is by far and away the more deserving of a HOF induction. Carter and Brown, IMO, are alot like Monk... good, solid WRs, but not special in any real way. So, yeah, Monk made it, but those guys should have to wait quite a bit before they're seriously considered.

Faulk is head and shoulders above Bettis and Martin. Quite honestly, I'm not even sure why Martin is this far along in the consideration. He was a sold back for a number of years, but HOF... really? Same with Bettis, although he did come through in some big games. But, I'm still not sure how he's a HOF back.

Richard Dent, Chris Doleman, Charles Haley and Cortez Kennedy... really? I'm not sure I'd consider any of them HOF material. I might could be sold on Dent, but that's about it. I guess we just have to consider anyone who played for a while and put up decent sack numbers.

Same goes for Dermontti Dawson and Willie Roaf. I just don't get it.

Sharpe and Sanders IMO, helped to redefine their positions in the modern game and should be in hands down.

So for me, I'd say Reed, Faulk, Sharpe, Sanders and Sabol (although I'm not completely sold on Sabol; his son I'd say has actually done more. But I don't know all of Ed's contributions either.)

Of the 3 WRs, Reed is by far and away the more deserving of a HOF induction. Carter and Brown, IMO, are alot like Monk... good, solid WRs, but not special in any real way. So, yeah, Monk made it, but those guys should have to wait quite a bit before they're seriously considered.

Faulk is head and shoulders above Bettis and Martin. Quite honestly, I'm not even sure why Martin is this far along in the consideration. He was a sold back for a number of years, but HOF... really? Same with Bettis, although he did come through in some big games. But, I'm still not sure how he's a HOF back.

Richard Dent, Chris Doleman, Charles Haley and Cortez Kennedy... really? I'm not sure I'd consider any of them HOF material. I might could be sold on Dent, but that's about it. I guess we just have to consider anyone who played for a while and put up decent sack numbers.

Same goes for Dermontti Dawson and Willie Roaf. I just don't get it.

Sharpe and Sanders IMO, helped to redefine their positions in the modern game and should be in hands down.

So for me, I'd say Reed, Faulk, Sharpe, Sanders and Sabol (although I'm not completely sold on Sabol; his son I'd say has actually done more. But I don't know all of Ed's contributions either.)

I was just about to post your point on the WRs, so I'll just agree with you. There's a serious problem with the selection process if either Carter or Brown go in before Andre Reed. Those guys were good, but Reed is 1-2 notches above them. Both of them took 3-4 years to take off, Andre was a stud (as a 4th round pick) from his rookie year.

Heart says he should get it.

Head says he won't.

The mucky muck national media like Steve Young were pushing hard for Carter and Brown.

Carter I have no problem with.

Brown should have to wait. He wasn't anywhere near the threat Reed was. When we played Raiders back then, I honestly wasn't concerned about Brown beating us.

Same with Bettis, although he did come through in some big games. But, I'm still not sure how he's a HOF back.

He does rank 5th all time in yards thanks to a long career, but if Roethlisberger doesn't trip up Nick Harper, I wonder if he's a finalist right now.

Brown should have to wait. He wasn't anywhere near the threat Reed was. When we played Raiders back then, I honestly wasn't concerned about Brown beating us.

And this says it all. The media types talk out of both sides of their mouth. They say that the Bills don't have more guys in the HoF because they didn't win the big game. Well guess what, Brown was crushed by those teams that didn't win the big game, so why should HE be in?

It's like winning 4 straight AFC Championships is a negative to these guys. I don't get it.

Do we get to hear the final 10 before 7pm?

As one of the biggest Reed fans on the planet, I think he gets in but maybe not this year. However, I've heard Vic Carruci and Rick Gosselin (2 very respected writers) are saying he has a very good shot this year. I always thought Reed is ahead of Tim Brown but slightly behind Carter. The case for Reed is: 1) the 2nd best run after the catch receiver I have ever seen (behind Rice) 2) his playoff numbers are in HOF territory and 3) he played in the cold. Catching a football in December in Orchard Park is not easy. Carter played in a dome for most of his career.

My heart hopes he gets in but I think he waits for at least another year. But there is little doubt Andre Reed is a HOFer.

He's in this year- no doubt about it. Enjoy the announcement... we'll be celebrating here!!

(Don't forget- ESPN has a vested interest in seeing Cris Carter get in, so don't let them try and downplay Andre)

Edited by BmoreBills

And this says it all. The media types talk out of both sides of their mouth. They say that the Bills don't have more guys in the HoF because they didn't win the big game. Well guess what, Brown was crushed by those teams that didn't win the big game, so why should HE be in?

It's like winning 4 straight AFC Championships is a negative to these guys. I don't get it.

Do we get to hear the final 10 before 7pm?

Once Reed gets in, I will be very satisfied with the 90 Bills' representation in the Hall of Fame. I think there's a case to be made for Kent Hull, but otherwise, I'm not convinced anyone else really deserves it. Steve Tasker would be awesome, but I see why he's out. Otherwise, I'm not so sure. Bennett? Wolford? Ballard? Nothing obvious there.

I love how they only mention Carter and Brown as passed-over receivers.

Yeah, that annoyed me too...

Although if it means that Reed isn't being passed over this year, then I'm ok with it. :thumbsup:

Michael Irvin saying good things about Reed?

"I was the playmaker, but he was doing that long before I was." (or something to that effect).

HE MADE IT TO THE TEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONLY WR left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No TIM BROWN

NO CRIS CARTER

This looks like the year!

OMG I will be there in August... like I was for Thurman in 2007.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BmoreBills