Super Bowl Attendance Record Bull ****

LabattBlue

Sounds like Jerry's ego is running wild and Goodell is buying it hook, line and sinker. Two things...where do they have room in the stadium for 15,000 temporary seats and since when does standing outside the stadium watching the game on TV count as part of the attendance? What a pompous !@#$ Jones is!

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article328626.ece

"The league is projecting a crowd of at least 105,000, which would break the previous record of 103,895 set during Super Bowl XIV between Pittsburgh and the Los Angeles Rams on Jan. 20, 1980 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif.

About 15,000 temporary seats have been installed that will raise the capacity inside the stadium to more than 100,000. In an unprecedented move, the league also counts the 5,000 fans that will view the game outside on giant screens in a party plaza area on the east side of the stadium. The league also plans to sell 500 standing-room-only tickets and other seats with obstructed views."

Edited by LabattBlue

The people standing outsdie don't count. If they count those people to get over the record in LA, it is not legit. The LA record still holds.

Whether they stand outside or sit in lawn chairs, as long as they have to pay to occupy that space to watch the game within the perimeter of Jerry Jones Stadium, then it counts. And, the receipts from those temp seats are legit.

I could be wrong, but I think they are always included in 'official attendance' figures. This whole thing is just BS though, feeding Jerrah's already over-inflated ego. SRO is one thing, putting people in stairwells and counting those outside the stadium (because they were stupid enough to buy a ticket) is total crap.

Well, Jerrah didn't get his wish...no attendance record.

To top it off, 850 seats were never approved.

A day after the Super Bowl, people in Dallas are still shaking their heads at the NFL’s decision to sell tickets in “temporary seating” areas that never got finished, resulting in 400 ticket holders having to watch the game on TV.

Some ticket holders were given seats intended for Cowboys personnel.

Jerrah = Joke

link

<edit>NFL offers tickets to next year's SB to displaced fans.

link II

At the start of the game they said that the fire marshal inspected the temporary seats that morning, and declared them a fire risk. So the ticket holders were given an option of a full refund or alt. seating arrangements (im guessing standing out with the rest of the weirdos who paid $200 to watch the game outside the stadium!)

Temporary seat controversy

$200 standing tickets

Edited by BillsRUs

What a joke! It shows just how greedy the nfl is. And Turning fans away?

I forsee some lawsuits in the future. They had more than a month to get those temparary seats approved and they announce it a few hours before the game? Its a bad way to business if nothing else.

Sadly tho the NFL money machine will win this battle and 4oo people got screwed

I think it is absolutely reprehensible that the scumbag sold seats that werent usable, only to turn people away the day of the game.... and also charging $200 for people to watch the game on a TV outside.

makes me really re-think my support for this league.

I think it is absolutely reprehensible that the scumbag sold seats that werent usable, only to turn people away the day of the game.... and also charging $200 for people to watch the game on a TV outside.

makes me really re-think my support for this league.

Really??? That's what did it for you? Guess you could always watch the NHL plow through the most meaningless half of its meaningless regular season schedule.

Here's how they made it up to those fans:

They were allowed onto the field after the game. They also received free merchandise, concessions, $2,400 -- three times the value of the $800 seats -- and will receive complimentary tickets to next year's Super Bowl.

Not a bad deal. In fact, with that, I think it's safe to go back to tenuously supporting the league.

Actually, I hear he's also selling "lap seats" and encouraging fans to purchase them also and to bring a dwarf or small child. This could easily bring the total to 200,000.

He is pure evil, that guy.

:worthy::lol: :lol: :w00t:

This is very funny and I would not put it past the guy who exhibits everything that is WRONG with football.

Hopefully, this monument (stadium) Jones built for himself is the beginning of the end for him like all other despots who think themselves better than everything/everyone else. The Cowboys are my least favorite nfl team and I can't stand Jones. I think his stadium sucks, and judging by all the slips on the field and injuries from what looked like routine tackles, the turf looks terrible to play on.

My Rant of the Day!

Here's how they made it up to those fans:

They were allowed onto the field after the game. They also received free merchandise, concessions, $2,400 -- three times the value of the $800 seats -- and will receive complimentary tickets to next year's Super Bowl.

Not a bad deal. In fact, with that, I think it's safe to go back to tenuously supporting the league.

League knew they had a (potential) problem in the middle of last week.

People paid much over face value, plus travel etc. for those tickets. $2400 isn't going to cover their losses. Tickets to next year's game may mean little to fans of the Packers or Steelers if their team isn't in the big game.

Do you suppose that the NFL will allow them to resell next year's tickets?

League knew they had a (potential) problem in the middle of last week.

People paid much over face value, plus travel etc. for those tickets. $2400 isn't going to cover their losses. Tickets to next year's game may mean little to fans of the Packers or Steelers if their team isn't in the big game.

Do you suppose that the NFL will allow them to resell next year's tickets?

Why would the league care what these fans do with their tickets? They watched the game on a huge TV, like everyone in the stadium-especially those near those crappy seats they overpaid for. They partied for a few days at the SB, as intended. I don't see many "losses" here--unless they were Steelers fans.

Why would the league care what these fans do with their tickets? They watched the game on a huge TV, like everyone in the stadium-especially those near those crappy seats they overpaid for. They partied for a few days at the SB, as intended. I don't see many "losses" here--unless they were Steelers fans.

those that were there beg to differ

The quote from Goodell is that the league would "would invite them as its guests to next year's Super Bowl". You may think that means they'll mail them a ticket, I'm not so sure.

Regardless...these folks were treated to a crappy week at nobody's fault aside from Mother Nature and they were then unable to watch the game. To you that's no big deal, some would argue that point.

those that were there beg to differ

The quote from Goodell is that the league would "would invite them as its guests to next year's Super Bowl". You may think that means they'll mail them a ticket, I'm not so sure.

Regardless...these folks were treated to a crappy week at nobody's fault aside from Mother Nature and they were then unable to watch the game. To you that's no big deal, some would argue that point.

http://deadspin.com/#!5753955/those-fans-without-seats-are-being-whiny-babies

Of the 1200, two-thirds received seat upgrades. But those other 400, who didn't receive seats at all? The initially announced compensation was a three-times-face-value refund.

But, oh wait, it doesn't need to be replaced. Those 400 fans got to watch the game anyway. They were "either were in the field-level club behind the Steelers bench or on standing-room platforms in each corner of Cowboys Stadium." In the former case, that's quite the upgrade from seats above entrance portals in the upper decks. Even in the case of the standers, they got just as good a view, just without the comfort of a seat. Would you take a $1600 profit to stand for 3 hours? I would. But wait, there's more!

What kind of cornpone spends $10,000 for a weekend in Dallas. Their seats should have been next to the gatorade dispenser on the bench for that kind of dough.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I dont think the "reward" is all that great.

The fans very most likely paid more than face value (far more) for any seats at the game.

Also, if its Buffalo in the super bowl and I splurge, take valued time off of work, get hyped for the game, acquire tickets, etc and I they wont let me in due to an error in Jerry Jones' ego and greed.... I would be irate. I dont want to be a "guest of the NFL" for next year's game, say the Ravens and Falcons. Thats even if there is a game. Maybe its not until 2013.

Stepping onto the field is really not appealing to me either.