Sal Alosi Resigns

weehawk

I agree, but no one is ever going to convince me that this guy came up with it on his own and wasn't instructed by hire-ups with the Jets.

This seemed a classic "if you ever want to work in this league again you better fall on the sword" scenario.

This guy has to be done in the NFL, even with all the retreading we see. Where does he go from here? I'm willing to bet he winds up in some workout club like Bally's?

Alosi = scapegoat. He took the bullet for Rex.

PTR

And your source confirming this is??? <_<

The thing is, KD, that even the guys that report on the NFL want to play along with it, as well.

Does any reporter even have the balls to peel just one layer of the onion back on this?

Why should the sports world be any different than the news world?

The thing is, KD, that even the guys that report on the NFL want to play along with it, as well.

Does any reporter even have the balls to peel just one layer of the onion back on this?

Judging by the blind eye the press willingly gives to the issue of anabolic steroids, GH, etc and its use in all of professional sport, I highly doubt that things will suddenly change in this circumstance.

I agree, but no one is ever going to convince me that this guy came up with it on his own and wasn't instructed by hire-ups with the Jets.

This seemed a classic "if you ever want to work in this league again you better fall on the sword" scenario.

You think someone will hire him now?

This guy has to be done in the NFL, even with all the retreading we see. Where does he go from here? I'm willing to bet he winds up in some workout club like Bally's?

And your source confirming this is??? <_<

And you believe Alosi was "going rogue?"

PTR

Nope. Not if he ever wants to get called on at a Jets press conference again.

And around and around it goes.

yeah, it is obvious the teams actually used this as part of their strategies and he was just the first one to get caught doing it, which means he takes the brunt of the punishment. It was no surprise to me they showed the Patriot players doing the same thing earlier in the season on another video clip they found after the incident had happened...

Why should the sports world be any different than the news world?

Judging by the blind eye the press willingly gives to the issue of anabolic steroids, GH, etc and its use in all of professional sport, I highly doubt that things will suddenly change in this circumstance.

Nope. Not if he ever wants to get called on at a Jets press conference again.

And around and around it goes.

What the press found out was this practice of forming a phalanx along the sideline to keep the gunner inbounds is a widely used tactic. This goomba decided, at that split second, because the gunner was right in front of him, to stick out his knee.

Sure, any ST coach knows that his guys are lining up like this. But saying that Ryan or his ST coach told this kid to injure the gunner, or try to, (which is the issue here---no one would have noticed or cared about how these guys were lined up if there was no contact) is just ridiculous.

I like the above comment that the "blind eye" the press had to steroid use in sports. Guess that kid missed that little BALCO (by two onion peeling reporters) story years back....