Kevin Kolb may be available....

Buftex

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant tell if a guy can succeed in a 7 game span over 4 years. I am sorry, but the NFL just doesnt work that way. Peyton Manning threw more interceptions than touchdowns in his first season as starter. Thats what happens to young QBs. They have to learn the game. Its not until their second or third year as a starter that you can see if they are going to pan out or not.

Id be thrilled with any starting quality QB we can bring in. Look how far Jay Cutler took the Bears this year. Not single handledly of course, but they had a heck of a season. Look at Kyle Orton before the team fell apart (the team fell apart not him), Look at Mike Vick with the Eagles as well. QBs can come into a new situation and succeed. It seems as though everyone on this board feels like every QB in the league is washed up. For some reason the general consensus is that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a starter in this league. I assure you that he wouldnt be for anyone except our pathetic team lol

Kolb was a 4th year player last year. If he's had just 7 starts after 2 seasons, I'd agree that you could tell much.

As for Cutler, he wasn't the reason the Bears did well. He had 23 TD's and 22 turnovers.

Wow, I stand corrected. You are totally correct. I am talking nonsense, because I am thinking of the possibility of trading for a player. I lost it there for a second. Thank God you are here to keep me in line, or I may even talk about a draft pick. AHHH!!! OH NO!!!!!!!!! The most comical part of your whole idiotic reponse is that your posting signature is a ridiculous mock draft that has no chance to happen! Why don't we see which comes true first? A player trade in the NFL, or your moronic mock draft.

Kolb was a 4th year player last year. If he's had just 7 starts after 2 seasons, I'd agree that you could tell much.

As for Cutler, he wasn't the reason the Bears did well. He had 23 TD's and 22 turnovers.

Also Doc, Cutler was a huge reason for the Bears success. The Bears have not had that type of passing offense in quite a while, not to mention they did it with a very subpar receiving core. Also, Cutler had 23tds, and 16 ints with 4 of those interceptions coming in one "come from behind" game where he had to throw 40 times. Even though 23/16 is not bad for a QB, it is actually exceptional for a QB with the kind of OL and WR that the Bears have. He also scrambled for 232 yards, and many key first downs for Chicago this year. Cutler exceeded all expectations this season in Chicago

Wow, I stand corrected. You are totally correct. I am talking nonsense, because I am thinking of the possibility of trading for a player. I lost it there for a second. Thank God you are here to keep me in line, or I may even talk about a draft pick. AHHH!!! OH NO!!!!!!!!! The most comical part of your whole idiotic reponse is that your posting signature is a ridiculous mock draft that has no chance to happen! Why don't we see which comes true first? A player trade in the NFL, or your moronic mock draft.

Easy buddy, we get it. You don't like Fitz and think Kolb is great for whatever reason. The problem is that your earlier arguments are self-defeating. You claim Fitz has been rubber stamped from birth with the "back-up" label because he didn't set the world on fire right out the gate playing for primarily mediocre to terrible teams. But despite playing in a system where virtually everyone steps in and looks like a star (Jeff Garcia, A.J. Feely) Kolb's mediocrity should be overlooked???

Also Doc, Cutler was a huge reason for the Bears success. The Bears have not had that type of passing offense in quite a while, not to mention they did it with a very subpar receiving core. Also, Cutler had 23tds, and 16 ints with 4 of those interceptions coming in one "come from behind" game where he had to throw 40 times. Even though 23/16 is not bad for a QB, it is actually exceptional for a QB with the kind of OL and WR that the Bears have. He also scrambled for 232 yards, and many key first downs for Chicago this year. Cutler exceeded all expectations this season in Chicago

Cutler was on the Bears last year too when they sucked

Yep. Cutler passed for 218 YPG this year. Hardly a passing juggernaut. Last year he passed for 229 YPG and had more TD's (and as many turnovers). Taken with his rushing stats, he accounted for 234 YPG this year versus 239 YPG last year.

Ok First of all, looking at the kid in a couple of starts certainly is not fair. The guy has never been a steady starter in the league, and if you are going to base it on the little bit of experience that he had in a couple of games then take a look at Ryan Fitzpatricks first couple of games for the Rams. He had 4 td and 8 interceptions. You dont judge a guy who hasnt had time to adapt to being a starter, hasnt had the chance to improve, and hasnt had enough time to get familiar with his wideouts/oline/te etc. For you guys saying that he is the next Rob Johnson please give me a break. Rob Johnson showed an ounce of talent in one game for the Jaguars. Then he was paid 25 million dollars based on one good peformance. He was a 4th round pick, and was never supposed to be anything special. Kevin Kolb was a stud in college, and has already shown glimpses in the pros that he can be exceptional. He was a 2nd round pick (almost a 1st), and is far more highly touted than RJ ever was. The comparison is so unfair. It seems as though many of the Bills fans feel just like the front office by thinking you can win WITHOUT a franchise QB. I am sorry but it does not happen. Nor does a franchise evolve in his first 7 starts. Kolb has had 7 starts in 4 seasons, obviously the kid isnt going to have a 140 passer rating. The comments about the Eagles asking for even ONE first rounder, let alone TWO are comical. We can get this kid for a third rounder if he becomes available.

This is Andy Reid writing isn't it?

Easy buddy, we get it. You don't like Fitz and think Kolb is great for whatever reason. The problem is that your earlier arguments are self-defeating. You claim Fitz has been rubber stamped from birth with the "back-up" label because he didn't set the world on fire right out the gate playing for primarily mediocre to terrible teams. But despite playing in a system where virtually everyone steps in and looks like a star (Jeff Garcia, A.J. Feely) Kolb's mediocrity should be overlooked???

I love Fitz, but he isnt a starting QB. He has gotten enough chances in the league to realize that. Kolb has not gotten those chances yet. Maybe he is a star, maybe he isn't. The odds of Ryan Fitzpatrick going on to be a pro bowler, and leading a team to the playoffs are certainly not as good as Kevin Kolb. Sorry, thats just a fact

Yep. Cutler passed for 218 YPG this year. Hardly a passing juggernaut. Last year he passed for 229 YPG and had more TD's (and as many turnovers). Taken with his rushing stats, he accounted for 234 YPG this year versus 239 YPG last year.

He plays on an offense that is certainly not dependent on a 300 yard passer. Cutler has stepped in with a brand new offensive coordinator, bad OL, bad wide outs, and won football games. The Bears won a very tough division this year, and did it with less talent than the Packers, and the Vikings. By the time Cutler had Martz system down pat the Bears finished the season 7-2 in their last 9 games. This was primarily because of the offensive improvement that Cutler, and the offense made. I watched the Bears every week, as a friend of mine is a Bears fan, I dont just look at a stat page and decide if a player is good or not like many of you seem to do

Edited by coseybedaman

Instead of the disclaimer you can post something that takes into account reality.

So not only is your post complete and utter nonsense in that it's not likely to happen if there were a CBA in place, it's doubly nonsense because you know it can't actually happen before you posted it. So in Essenes it's a fictional hypothetical that can't possibly come true.

And I'm the one that needs to get a Life?

"let's trade all of our defensive players for all of Pittsburgh's defenive players, Big Ben, a unicorn and their first , you think they'll do it? "

Genius . . .

One thing I've heard for a guy like kolb- handshake agreement for a 2012 pick, send him a playbook, and see what you can do to be ready should the CBA drag

Agreed, except that we do know he's had his 'bell rung' a couple times and missed significant playing time. As a comparison, most of us feel Trent never seemed to shake the 'Zona-cussion'.

I hadn't thought about that...good point. Trent definitely was a totally different QB after he got acquainted with Adrian Wilson :ph34r:

Unless Kolb can stop the run, I'm not interested in giving away draft picks for him. Fitzpatrick bought himself at least 2011.

What did he do that was so great?

He was the 22nd rated QB for Passer rating

He was the 27th rated QB for completion percentage

He has 23 TD along with 15INTs and 5 funbles lost

The Bills had terrible scoring offense.

He is the definition of journeyman. I'm not saying he's terrible, but I would not say his play has convinced me the Bills don't need a viable NFL starting QB as soon as possible.

What did he do that was so great?

He was the 22nd rated QB for Passer rating

He was the 27th rated QB for completion percentage

He has 23 TD along with 15INTs and 5 funbles lost

The Bills had terrible scoring offense.

He is the definition of journeyman. I'm not saying he's terrible, but I would not say his play has convinced me the Bills don't need a viable NFL starting QB as soon as possible.

With no better options (the draft looks to be a bust for QB's and FA's, including Kolb, aren't looking much better) Fitz has bought himself at least 2011.

With no better options (the draft looks to be a bust for QB's and FA's, including Kolb, aren't looking much better) Fitz has bought himself at least 2011.

What do you base this on?

Most of experts say that this is one of the deepest QB classes in years. There are any clearly elite prospects like Bradford last year, but the class is loaded with talent.

What do you base this on?

Most of experts say that this is one of the deepest QB classes in years. There are any clearly elite prospects like Bradford last year, but the class is loaded with talent.

I'm talking elite prospect. Fitz has talent on the order of most of the draft-eligible QB's. But he's been in the league a few years and can win games right now.

I'm not saying Fitzy is the long term answer. I'm saying that the defense, especially the nightmarish run defense, is the question that must be answered through the draft and FA this year. That's where any resource, including draft picks, should go. Stuffing the run.