Colin Kaepernick

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick is making a big splash in Mobile this week. Already had the Manning brothers on his bandwagon.

I say the Bills draft the best D-Line/LB at #3. And then trade back into the 1st round to take Kaepernick to be our franchise QB. Thoughts?

He was terrible against a solid BC defense in the Fight Hunger Bowl in SF. If he plays like that against a good college defense, he has light years to go to play against NFL defenses. I would be shocked if he went in the first two rounds.

He is making some adjustments to his throwing motion. Let's see how he does at the game and in the combine.

For a fairly lean kid he's got a big arm and i like him. But the Bills can't be in the business of giving away picks this year to move back into the first. They've too many needs. If anything, Buffalo should be open to trading down and getting more picks.

That's why i think it would be foolish to trade away picks to get back into the 1st and take Kaepernick, or anyone else for that matter.

If we take Kaepernick before the 4th I'll be ticked. The guy really isn't that great, especially 1st Round great, even in the slightest. I've seen him play about 10 times over the last couple of years and he doesn't seem to have it. Yes he had a decent game in the win against Boise St., but IMO he just doesn't seem to have "it".

Because of the throwing motion, and the style of offense at Nevada, and critical running aspect of his game, the QB he is most compared with is Tim Tebow. As in "a project."

Keep your eye on the kid from TCU as a possible later round pick.

After watching all the practices Kaepernick has been the most impressive, and all this crap about his throwing motion is ridicules. He throws a good ball has a strong arm and is accurate plus he is mobile and fast just what we need.

I wouldn't hate that at #34.

He interviews much better than Locker, where Locker sounds like he is drain bramaged when he speaks.

I'm worried though he has a 4th-6th round grade Pre Senior Bowl. Its even more meteoric rise than in years past. #68 or #99 might be better.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Looks like Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick is making a big splash in Mobile this week. Already had the Manning brothers on his bandwagon.

I say the Bills draft the best D-Line/LB at #3. And then trade back into the 1st round to take Kaepernick to be our franchise QB. Thoughts?

If you liked JP Losman, you will absolutely love this dude.

I live in Nevada and am a student at the University of Nevada, Reno.

Kaepernick is worth a 3rd or 4th round pick if evaluators feel that Kapaernick's throwing motion can be worked on and if he has a mind for a pro-style offense. I can personally tell you he is very quick, tall, a strong character guy by all accounts at the university, and he can do a lot of things with the football outside of the pocket or when a play breaks down. He is a poor man's version of Cam Newton with more playing experience and probably more maturity than Newton but less upside and a lot less competitive conference schedule.

He had one of the best running games in the country the past three (3) years (including himself). He didn't have to rely on the passing game that much as Nevada never had an elite receiver while he played at Nevada and the pistol offense he ran doesn't call for a lot of deep receiving routes.

3rd or 4th sounds much more reasonable.

Andy Dalton is my pick as a possible 3rd round pick QB......mobile, accurate, above average arm strenght, a winner, and a leader on the field....he is a lead by example guy who Buffalo would fall in love with. He would also come at the right pick to be in a good position to be mentored for a couple of years BUT I could totally see him stepping in and performing well as the back up in the meantime.

AND we wouldn't waste a premium pick when we have a starting QB on the roster when we need defense so badly.

And I dont care about his hight....Drew Brees is doing just fine,

I wouldn't hate that at #34.

He interviews much better than Locker, where Locker sounds like he is drain bramaged when he speaks.

I'm worried though he has a 4th-6th round grade Pre Senior Bowl. Its even more meteoric rise than in years past. #68 or #99 might be better.

You didn't want him in the fifth round a week ago (http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/126107-reasons-to-not-pick-a-qb-in-next-draft/); what made you change your mind?

You didn't want him in the fifth round a week ago (http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/126107-reasons-to-not-pick-a-qb-in-next-draft/); what made you change your mind?

I still don't want him.

Unlike some people on this board I realize that I am not the GM of the Buffalo Bills and have no real control over what the Buffalo Bills actually do.

When watching the Senior Bowl practices I have been impressed with Kaepernick interviews and throwing ability.

My point in that thread is there are lots of needs on this team and drafting a player that only has the potential of being a backup QB in the NFL is not a top priority.

Watching Kaepernick in the Senior Bowl has shown me that he might have the potential to do more.

Only an idiot would have a static draft board at this time of the year.

Lots of new information will be be coming.

However I still don't want to pick him.

I just wouldn't hate it if it happened.

You can see who I actually want to pick right in my signature below.

It's not likely I'm going to add a late round QB in there.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Heard Tim & Pat talking up Anthony Castonzo OT from BC yesterday on the ride home.

I think they said that Carimi was a bit of a disappointment so far.

Also, Paul Alexander the OL coach from the Bungles was on. Said he asked all the OLinemen what D move they didn't like or had trouble handling.

Then he went and told it all to his DL coach Jay Hayes.

Funny stuff.