Jay Cutler's MRI results

peteski

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A grade 2 mcl sprain means the ligament tore away from the bone. Lets play a fun experiment and tear your mcl from the bone then call you a little B word

Grade II MCL Tears

When a grade II MCL sprain occurs, use of a hinged knee brace is common in early treatment. Athletes with a grade II injury can return to activity once they are not having pain over the MCL. Patients with a grade II injury often return to sports within 3-4 weeks after their injury.

Grade II MCL Tear

Grade II injuries are also considered incomplete tears of the MCL. These patients may complain of instability when attempting to cut or pivot. The pain and swelling is more significant, and usually a period of 3-4 weeks of rest is necessary.

That sounds safe

Edited by Captain Hindsight

A grade 2 mcl sprain means the ligament tore away from the bone. Lets play a fun experiment and tear your mcl from the bone then call you a little B word

Grade II MCL Tears

When a grade II MCL sprain occurs, use of a hinged knee brace is common in early treatment. Athletes with a grade II injury can return to activity once they are not having pain over the MCL. Patients with a grade II injury often return to sports within 3-4 weeks after their injury.

Grade II MCL Tear

Grade II injuries are also considered incomplete tears of the MCL. These patients may complain of instability when attempting to cut or pivot. The pain and swelling is more significant, and usually a period of 3-4 weeks of rest is necessary.

That sounds safe

You also forgot to mention that he is a type 1 Diabetic and because of that he cannot take the cortisone shots everyone else can stick in them to go out and play hurt. I believe the guy really was hurt.

My problem is, if you are hurt, the 3rd string QB is in there, and then I see a shot of the sideline where this poor guy who has gotten no practice time is scrambling through pictures of the defenses he is seeing and meanwhile there is Jay Cutler sitting right next to him, with a sour puss look on his face doing nothing. How about, go over some of those with him and tell him what you saw that day before you got hurt...

I understand you want to defend his toughness but I personally just think he is a unlikeable, egocentric person who only cares about himself and is in NO way a leader on the field.

I think its hilarious that anyone would think Cutler or his coaches didn't want him in that game for the second half. He's an excellent QB playing at home in the NFC championship game, a moment he's waited for his entire life, he obviously wasn't faking his injury. Its baffling that people think he was.

When I hear guys like Jones Drew and Deion Sanders talking about how tough they were and how they'd have to get dragged off the field, I say if you can't cut and move in pro football then you certainly aren't better than the healthy professional behind you that is trained to step in for you in the event of injury. All it says is that your ego is bigger than your concern for the team to have the best player in your position to help the team win.

I've had a minor MCL injury and I could only walk perfectly straight with the knee or it would give in. If you've had one you know what I mean. Impossible to play even with a brace.

Edited by Webster Guy

You also forgot to mention that he is a type 1 Diabetic and because of that he cannot take the cortisone shots everyone else can stick in them to go out and play hurt. I believe the guy really was hurt.

My problem is, if you are hurt, the 3rd string QB is in there, and then I see a shot of the sideline where this poor guy who has gotten no practice time is scrambling through pictures of the defenses he is seeing and meanwhile there is Jay Cutler sitting right next to him, with a sour puss look on his face doing nothing. How about, go over some of those with him and tell him what you saw that day before you got hurt...

I understand you want to defend his toughness but I personally just think he is a unlikeable, egocentric person who only cares about himself and is in NO way a leader on the field.

Agreed.....Jay could have still helped his team from the sidelines and apparently chose not to.

I think its hilarious that anyone would think Cutler or his coaches didn't want him in that game for the second half. He's an excellent QB playing at home in the NFC championship game, a moment he's waited for his entire life, he obviously wasn't faking his injury. Its baffling that people think he was.

When I hear guys like Jones Drew and Deion Sanders talking about how tough they were and how they'd have to get dragged off the field, I say if you can't cut and move in pro football then you certainly aren't better than the healthy professional behind you that is trained to step in for you in the event of injury. All it says is that your ego is bigger than your concern for the team to have the best player in your position to help the team win.

I've had a minor MCL injury and I could only walk perfectly straight with the knee or it would give in. If you've had one you know what I mean. Impossible to play even with a brace.

I sprained my PCL in HS. I couldnt cut, run, and my knee was throbbing. i sprained it in a non contact drill. Call me crazy after working hard the entire offseason being slated to be a starter my senior year and then to get hurt my 2nd practice i was a little upset, as im sure Cutler was when he worked his entire life to get to that game and he tears a ligament away from a bone in the 2nd quarter against his teams biggest rival.

Would people be happy if he was crying on the sidelines? or smiling? He was upset, people deal with it differently. Jay has always been a little indifferent. i dont see the problem here. A player got hurt and has been defended by his coach, teammates, GM and fans. The only people that seem to have a problem with it are people that werent there and wanted to be

ESPN reports The results of Jay Cutler's 2nd MRI came back and it appears that it is worse than we originally thought. His knee appears to be fine but they did find a tear in his uterus.

Once again, a reference to female anatomy is the go-to metaphor for weakness. I don't know about the women in your life but the women in mine are as strong as anyone I know. Some of them are looking over my shoulder right now, encouraging me to write this. But it was my idea, really it was.

Seriously, I am sure you aren't a misogynist so I wanted to point out that you sound like one.

Once again, a reference to female anatomy is the go-to metaphor for weakness. I don't know about the women in your life but the women in mine are as strong as anyone I know. Some of them are looking over my shoulder right now, encouraging me to write this. But it was my idea, really it was.

Seriously, I am sure you aren't a misogynist so I wanted to point out that you sound like one.

Are you sure you got her permission to post that?

Cutler is notorious for being a jerk. Whether he could or could not have played has nothing to do with the venom he is receiving. You reap what you sow, and at the first moment of weakness, Karma is doing its thing. No doubt he was hurt and probably couldn't have played, but his attitude and indifference to everyone around him has made him a target. That's why everyone is piling on.

The Bears could have avoided all of this if they had given Cutler a pair of crutches to use on the sideline. Let the cameras see him on crutches and no one would be questioning his toughness today.

The Bears hung him out to dry.

Amen to that.

Also, while we're on this topic, why doesn't anyone give Joe Montana any flack for "quitting" on not 1, but 2 teams in their respective conference championship games? Greatest QB my ass. Joe was a quitter.

Cutler is notorious for being a jerk. Whether he could or could not have played has nothing to do with the venom he is receiving. You reap what you sow, and at the first moment of weakness, Karma is doing its thing. No doubt he was hurt and probably couldn't have played, but his attitude and indifference to everyone around him has made him a target. That's why everyone is piling on.

Why is Cutler a jerk? Because he doesn't like to talk to the media? Because he simply likes to keep to himself? Karma? Please. Try reading some of these before spouting off and making yourself look like an ignorant ass.

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/5-Ways-NFL-Players-Help/Jay_Cutler.php

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=6840

http://www.zimbio.com/Jay+Cutler/articles/54/Jay+Culter+Brandon+Marshall+Participate+Charity

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/about-last-night/2009/11/vince-vaughn-and-jay-cutler-attend-greg-olsens-charity-concert.html

Amen to that.

Also, while we're on this topic, why doesn't anyone give Joe Montana any flack for "quitting" on not 1, but 2 teams in their respective conference championship games? Greatest QB my ass. Joe was a quitter.

Why is Cutler a jerk? Because he doesn't like to talk to the media? Because he simply likes to keep to himself? Karma? Please. Try reading some of these before spouting off and making yourself look like an ignorant ass.

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/5-Ways-NFL-Players-Help/Jay_Cutler.php

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=6840

http://www.zimbio.com/Jay+Cutler/articles/54/Jay+Culter+Brandon+Marshall+Participate+Charity

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/about-last-night/2009/11/vince-vaughn-and-jay-cutler-attend-greg-olsens-charity-concert.html

Plenty of jerks give to charity.