HOF vote on Saturday....

Buftex

It's a week from Saturday, actually...day before the Super Bowl

You know, that is what I thought, but, unless I mis-heard, one of the ESPN heads said it was Saturday...I think you are right, though...whenever it is Andre Reed belongs there. :thumbsup:

he had the best spike in the business, and by far the biggest impact to an offense for a wide receiver the league has ever seen, save for Jerry Rice.

...or that Hutson fellow, but that was before pro football began.

Sorry to day this but, realistically, I think both Carter and Brown will get in this year along with Faulk and Sanders. That only leaves one more spot and I doubt they put in another receiver. It will probably be a lineman or defensive player. That leaves Reed and Sharpe as shoe-ins for 2012. It will be kind of cool to watch the Bills win the Superbowl the same weekend that they elect Andre Reed into the HoF!

I love Andre, and think he does belong in the Hall of Fame. It's been sad to watch him become the "Gary Carter" of the NFL, practically begging every year to get in. I think he's going to get in either this year or next, and I really hope he does. I just wish he'd gone about the wait a little differently.

He's not nearly as big as Jerry Rice and he was too slow. He'd be lucky to make an NFL squad these days, and if he did, he'd probably be moved to tight end or something.

Yeah, you are right. My bad.

ah, quit providing us with that kind of way-back-when insightful perpsective.

all i wanna know is what his fantasy numbers were!

:flirt:

jw

Sorry.

Thanks for posting the videos Buftex! It was a nice trip down memory lane.

Andre's Hall of Fame checklist

1. Great Player? Yes, with great stats for his era, the only WR of that era that

could be mentioned in the same breath as Rice (and he was)...check

2. Innovative? Key component of the No-huddle attack and seriously one of the main reasons

the league started keeping YAC stats...check

3. Superbowl? Although he never won one, he went to 4 in a row and performed well

in the big games (still 2nd all time in SB receptions, 3rd all time in Superbowl receiving yds)...check

4. Misc.? 7 consecutive probowls, big part of the greatest comeback in NFL history, played in 234 games

(59th most by any player in NFL history), part of the 2nd most prolific QB/WR combo in NFL history,

still ranks 8th all time in receptions and 9th all time in receiving yards...check

I don't care what you say about Chris Carter, Tim Brown, Art Monk, or Michael Irvin for that matter...Andre should already be in the Hall!

Hopefully that will be rectified this year.

3. Superbowl? Although he never won one, he went to 4 in a row and performed well

in the big games (still 2nd all time in SB receptions, 3rd all time in Superbowl receiving yds)...check

Despite his stats, my enduring memories of Reed in the Super Bowl were his huge drops against the Giants and an unsportsmanlike penalty on the goal line against the Redskins.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be in the HOF, but his SB performances don't exactly add to his credentials.

Despite his stats, my enduring memories of Reed in the Super Bowl were his huge drops against the Giants and an unsportsmanlike penalty on the goal line against the Redskins.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be in the HOF, but his SB performances don't exactly add to his credentials.

Yeah, he succumbed to Bellicheck's innovative 2-5 in the 2nd half, dropping 1 pass.. The unsportsmanlike penalty was, IMO, understood, given the clearly obvious mugging in front of the ref, who didn't have the jewels to call it at a crucial -end of half- timeframe.

Only Rice has better SB stats and he was a 1st ballot HOFer

Thanks for the video memories, Buftex!