how would you handle this situation....

The Poojer

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are so many redheads in and out of my life....99% of them don't know I exist, but i see one and fall in love... :blush:

yeah we have gone out a few times...the summer is tough for both of us, she has her kids, mine have come up for the summer, but we talk and try and get together here and there....

Didn't you have a date with a red head a few months back? You wanted to wine and dine her with Cupons?

You dating anyone now?

yeah its great having them up here...and they seem to really enjoy the area...having the mass transit of philly really opens up things for them..they can get anywhere they want and they don't have to rely on me to get them there(only to leave them money to do so)...hopefully I can get them all up here full time

Hope all works out for you.

Has to be fun having the kids around.

Sadly, I am the only one Allison has told the story to so I cannot talk about it to anyone she and I know....I want so badly for my ex director, 'the husband's' boss to find out because even though he and the 'husband' are best 'friends', he is super protective of allison and has often threatened to cut his junk off if he ever does something like this to her....

based on the reaction i am getting from my friend allison...he may get a lifetime free pass of banging whomever he wants...much like everyone here pointed out originally...she is in complete denial, hasn't even kicked him out for the past couple days...

At first I would recommend telling the husbands boss. But based on her current reaction, that may keep them together more, as she may feel she has to help him through losing his job, or even losing his junk.

I would not count on this. Legally and properly firing people is an easy thing to do - even for a jerk boss. I say this as a 20+ year HR professional. Again, it is too easy for you to come up on the short-end. People read about lawsuits or hear about "settlements" but they are rare given the number of times people are fired from their work. Don't misunderstand, I in no way advocate firing people improperly or illegally. I'm simply saying if you want someone "out" of the organization it is very simple to do so in a way that does not allow the employee any recourse.

The law and the courts do not view employment as an entitlement. The law only says that firing people for a very limited set of reasons is improper. Your boss only has to raise one of a million more reasons outside of the very few that are protected under the law and you go to the street with nothing more to say.

Glad you point this out for Pooj.....you DONT want a person with any kind of power holding a grudge against you in a workplace if you can help it...this guy might not be able to outright fire you......but you dont want someone above your pay grade dreaming of ways to get rid of you....and trust me I know a little something about this.

Glad you point this out for Pooj.....you DONT want a person with any kind of power holding a grudge against you in a workplace if you can help it...this guy might not be able to outright fire you......but you dont want someone above your pay grade dreaming of ways to get rid of you....and trust me I know a little something about this.

I just realized how late to the party I am on this thread....I am trying to think how I would would handle it if I was in your situation.....

My short answer is I wouldnt waste too many seconds worrying over it....because she is the way she is which allows him to be the way he is.......some people are gluttons for punishment.

I left that company a month ago....mainly because he was unbearable to work with...in the past 7 months 3 people from our 5 person team left for the same reason...they just couldn't deal with him...and because he and the 5th member(the director) are 'best buds', i didn't see anything changing unless i changed it...so i went down the road for more money and less stress

I left that company a month ago....mainly because he was unbearable to work with...in the past 7 months 3 people from our 5 person team left for the same reason...they just couldn't deal with him...and because he and the 5th member(the director) are 'best buds', i didn't see anything changing unless i changed it...so i went down the road for more money and less stress

So now you are free to bang his wife. Nice!

:oops: nah....we are both up here without too many old friends, we both made the move up here from Richmond once CC went under and we moved on, so now without her husband to be her support...that role will fall on me for the short term....we are gonna go have beers next week so she can give me more of the gory details

So now you are free to bang his wife. Nice!

:oops: nah....we are both up here without too many old friends, we both made the move up here from Richmond once CC went under and we moved on, so now without her husband to be her support...that role will fall on me for the short term....we are gonna go have beers next week so she can give me more of the gory details

Might as well try to get some. She just might want to rock your socks off.

its like you are actively trying to ignore the big red flags everyone is waving in your face (her included)

it doesnt even matter what your intentions are in this, there are far more ways this ends poorly for you than for anyone else involved, and you have NOTHING to gain if you arent trying to get some....... single men being a married womans support system in a time of marital discourse is a recipe for disaster - add alcohol and stir for terrible outcome.

i know your instincts are saying "be there for a friend" but it really is the opposite of what either of you need at the moment. i mean, we are what, 5 solid pages in and the only advice youve gotten is bang her, bang the au pair, or run far far away. not a single "good for you for being a supportive friend."

I dont mean to overstep but jeeeeze..... im not sure why you were asking for advice at this point. its clear you are going to keep chasing this bad idea :blink:

Edited by NoSaint

Well pooj the young rascal in me says this would be the ultimate way to get even with the a hole husband

AND you can put a smile on her face even if it only lasts a little while.....since you dont have feelings for her in that way there is no worry about attachment.

(edit....forget my statement above....you should just get away from the situation)

Edited by John from Hemet

Start calling their house at odd hours and hanging up whenever she answers. Get random women in bars to leave messages on their answering machine. Move the upcoming sob fest to her house. When she goes to the bathroom smear lipstick on all of his shirts and stuff women's underwear under all the couch cushions, then "lose" your keys and let her find them in the couch. If all of the above fail to get her to leave this guy then she's crazy and you will have to escalate. In that case you should probably just bang the husband, or better yet, screw the family dog. This story is begging for some type of shocking twist.

there are so many redheads in and out of my life....99% of them don't know I exist, but i see one and fall in love... :blush:

yeah we have gone out a few times...the summer is tough for both of us, she has her kids, mine have come up for the summer, but we talk and try and get together here and there....

Gingers have no souls!

• 2 weeks later...

just to keep y'all in the loop of this soap opera.....it was confessed/admitted/confirmed today...the au pair is el preggers..........my friend allison is absolutely crushed....but at least it stopped her denial......OY....this story is almost up there with the schwartezenegger saga......i am still one of 4 people that officially know the story....its gonna get ugly.....

just to keep y'all in the loop of this soap opera.....it was confessed/admitted/confirmed today...the au pair is el preggers..........my friend allison is absolutely crushed....but at least it stopped her denial......OY....this story is almost up there with the schwartezenegger saga......i am still one of 4 people that officially know the story....its gonna get ugly.....

Just keep reminding her you're there for her when she wants to get even with her husband.

You can't deny the DNA. Unless you're O.J. - the husband just might dig up Johnny Cochran!

If you really want to turn this guy inside out, and just to mess with him, you may want to confide in him, man to man, that you owe it to him to let him know that a few weeks (months ago), you had run into the nanny at a local watering hole and well, ya know, after a few drinks you ended up in flagrante delicto with her.

Watch his beady eyes sparkle as he grasps the timeline that could deliver him from this personal hell. As an upstanding guy, you just wanted him to know that it was a one-and-done thing and to not think too harshly of you as a person and freind.

Now sit back and watch the fireworks, He will tell his wife Pooj boinked the nanny, He will accuse nanny of being a two timing trollop, he will think he is in the clear and begin to attempt to recant his admissions and cross-cover his stories to fabricate new ones. Once he has swallowed the story and built a new reality for himself, (give him a week) call him and say "Just messing with you Tim, you are still a putz". As a parting gift you may want to give him Maury Povichs phone and email address too.

Edited by Guffalo

If you really want to turn this guy inside out, and just to mess with him, you may want to confide in him, man to man, that you owe it to him to let him know that a few weeks (months ago), you had run into the nanny at a local watering hole and well, ya know, after a few drinks you ended up in flagrante delicto with her.

Watch his beady eyes sparkle as he grasps the timeline that could deliver him from this personal hell. As an upstanding guy, you just wanted him to know that it was a one-and-done thing and to not think too harshly of you as a person and freind.

Now sit back and watch the fireworks, He will tell his wife Pooj boinked the nanny, He will accuse nanny of being a two timing trollop, he will think he is in the clear and begin to attempt to recant his admissions and cross-cover his stories to fabricate new ones. Once he has swallowed the story and built a new reality for himself, (give him a week) call him and say "Just messing with you Tim, you are still a putz". As a parting gift you may want to give him Maury Povichs phone and email address too.

I think it's been shown that the guy makes his problems exponentially bigger on his very own... without getting Poojer more involved than he is.

Unless Pooj wants to be on "Maury!" or one of those shows.

I guess it needs to be asked --- is the au pair keeping the baby?

I think it's been shown that the guy makes his problems exponentially bigger on his very own... without getting Poojer more involved than he is.

Unless Pooj wants to be on "Maury!" or one of those shows.

I guess it needs to be asked --- is the au pair keeping the baby?

Well ... I had to link this:

-- worth watching if you need a laugh.