2 More Ex Bills Going to the Big Game !!

T master

Every year it seems like the Bills let go of some players and coaches that either go to the play offs or to the Superbowl .

This year Kuges our O-line coach last year & Jonathan Scott our LT prospect last year are going to the big show , the year before Greer & Hargrove .

Play off teams - Leonard both with the Ravens & the Jets (although he was on IR this year)

Can the folks in Buffalo just not see the talent that we pick up or were they just blind to what they want to see ???

Hopefully that will change but seeing as Scott was let go this year by the present staff i hope that's not a sign of things to come - which i don't think it will be but i'm just saying !!!

Edited by T master

It would different if those players helped their teams get to the playoffs. We've made some bonehead FA moves, but these were not among them. Good for them, though. They earned a chance to play in the postseason.

The only player that left the Bills for a playoff team, and is contributing on a playoff level, is Jabari Greer.

Scott is a liability out there for the Steelers and their LAST choice at OT. He starts due to injuries. Last week when he went down against Baltimore, they had to sub in a Guard because they simply dont have any other OTs on their roster.

Every year it seems like the Bills let go of some players and coaches that either go to the play offs or to the Superbowl .

This year Kuges our O-line coach last year & Jonathan Scott our LT prospect last year are going to the big show , the year before Greer & Hargrove .

Play off teams - Leonard both with the Ravens & the Jets (although he was on IR this year)

Can the folks in Buffalo just not see the talent that we pick up or were they just blind to what they want to see ???

Hopefully that will change but seeing as Scott was let go this year by the present staff i hope that's not a sign of things to come - which i don't think it will be but i'm just saying !!!

I'd take Bell over Scott.

But wouldn't you have rather had Scott over Cornell Green at RT this past year. We let a lousy player go and replaced home with a terrible one that cost more money.

That's like choosing between crashing into the mountain and ejector seat without a parachute.

Scott had no heart and desire at all when he was playing for the Bills and even admitted it. Why we'd want a guy like that back is beyond me. Green was an unmitigated disaster, but Scott was and is JAG, who is functioning in a good Steelers system with a QB who makes everybody look better.

greer is the one that this team misses the most...this is hindsight but we should have paid him instead of drafting mckelvin and drafted one of the many tackles available or really anybody else in the first round as i don't think there was a miss except for leodis and gholston.

To be fair, this was basically the point Buddy Nix made when explaining why they kept Trent to start the season.

He said something to the effect that former Bills are playing well all over the league and we didn't want to add another player to that list.

Much as I despise Tom Modrak and laugh heartily at those on this board to defend him, the pro personnel, player retention, and overall roster development processes have been nearly as inept as Modrak's repeated failures on draft day.

This year Kuges our O-line coach last year & Jonathan Scott our LT prospect last year are going to the big show ,

Seen more than a few Steeler games this year. To be fair the Steelers are going to the SB in spite of J Scott, not because of him. Why do you think Ben R gets hit so much?

He was our Offensive line coach last year Scott Kugler - the players called him Coach Kuges .You say your a Bills fan ???

I watch every game. I have ready many articles. The offensive line coach's nickname is not something that I felt the need to know.

It is pretty safe to assume that most teams in the NFL have a former player or coach that is on a Super Bowl teams roster.

That thing call free agency is a large cause for it. Do we need to hear about every former Bill that plays in the Super Bowl?

The only guys in recent years (that I can think of) that the Bills should have held onto are:

Antoine Winfield

Pat Williams

Jabari Greer

London Fletcher

Jim Leonard (maybe not as your starting safety, but as a backup and

ST player, the kid makes plays)

Did I miss anyone?

Other than that, I don't think any other former Bills playing for other teams would

have been a big improvement over what we have had.

Does anyone really think that a team with an Oline with Jonathan Scott and Mike Gandy as the OTs, and a secondary with Leonhard and Wire as our starting Safeties, would even come close to making the playoffs?!?

I do. Provided you surround them with all-pros.