Bills vs Broncos next year..Dare I dream Newton vs Tebow!!

RichardBag

Yes first post. Hola. I am just going to come straight out and say it....I would like to see the Bills draft Cam Newton! Ive read most of the pro/con discussions drafting this guy or that guy, this position or that position...yada yada yada. I know the stats, Ive seen the clips and I have read the research reports. Yawn. I Gotta tell you how tired I am with the whole "Yawn" scene Bills football has become. I agree that we need this and I agree we need that, but I would LOVE!!! some excitement for once!!! Bowers, Fairley, Dareus exciting?? Maybe, but meh for me the excitement wanting fan. Then i saw ESPN's chosen one feature on Tebow. I cannot fathom that people wrote this guy off!! He can play on my team any day!! The guy is a super hero and theres no evidence to suggest that he will not continue, being a superstar. But the Bills passed because he wasnt projected to be drafted that high and would of been seen as a desperate, foolish pick. Well at least we dont look desperate and foolish now...ha. Well as everyone else saw in his limited action, he's going to be a monster!! But we did not need a monster apparently. Was there not a reason why he was the most talked about person in football!!! It was all on the tape!!! So now we have the opportunity once again to draft the most talked about player in football. And once again, I dont care about need, even though its a glaring need. I dont care about to high to draft and I dont care to hear about selling tickets. I only care about seeing an exciting product. Something watchable. Something that will get me off my a$$ and to a few more Bills games than just the home opener. Fairley will not do that. Neither would Dareus or Bowers. But, after watching a few hours worth of tape on Newton, I got excited. I like being excited. Excite us Ralph!!! !! I can see the Tebow comparisons and the both big, tough, highly emotional guys. But quicker, faster, with an absolute rocket arm. I wanna see so dam excitement from our QB position. I wanna see some dam excitement associated with this team. We will be the most talked about team out of the gate next year with Newton on our team. Yeah, yeah, yea, here's where the "another attention needing buffalonian" comes in. Dont care. Just want some dam excitement out of this team before I die. Cam's a once in a life timer and if he learned anything from Tebow, I hope he learned that heart usurps talent everytime. Atleast it should...ha! Anyways I want to attend more than one foootball game. I want to actually cheer out loud. I want to be amazed by something someone does on "our" team. I want a team thats talked about and above all, I WANT EXCITEMENT!!! DRAFT CAM!!!

Ow I forgot to mention...were scheduled to play the Broncos next year. So Newton vs Tebow is highly probable and I will highly, probably, be attending. See look, a second game already!! DRAFT CAM!!

Edited by RichardBag

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Considering Tebow's biggest supporter was drummed out of Denver, there's no guarantee timmy will even be on the bronco roster next year, let alone starting. He's had 1 great game so far, out of two. Not a bad start, for sure. But it doesn't make him a nfl "superstar", as you say.

Newton's never played an NFL game, so no data yet on how exciting he will be in the pros. With the Bills current OL, he could very likely spend most of the time getting pounded into the turf. Not so exciting.

Welcome aboard.

Want more EXCITEMENT??!!??!!!!! Use more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pray we don't draft Newton. Not in the first round. Not in the second round. Not in the third round. I just don't want to draft Newton at all.

OMG!! WOW!!...Just seen on SVU...ch2 10pm show...The female detective just received a text message that said something like "We have the CAM tapes"!!!! Seriously!!! And CAM was capitalized. Ha!! Its a sign...were drafting "The Man"!!! Wooo hoooo....Now Im super excited!!! Were drafting CAM!!!

OMG!! WOW!!...Just seen on SVU...ch2 10pm show...The female detective just received a text message that said something like "We have the CAM tapes"!!!! Seriously!!! And CAM was capitalized. Ha!! Its a sign...were drafting "The Man"!!! Wooo hoooo....Now Im super excited!!! Were drafting CAM!!!

o.O

Yeah. Considering Tebow's biggest supporter was drummed out of Denver, there's no guarantee timmy will even be on the bronco roster next year, let alone starting. He's had 1 great game so far, out of two. Not a bad start, for sure. But it doesn't make him a nfl "superstar", as you say.

Newton's never played an NFL game, so no data yet on how exciting he will be in the pros. With the Bills current OL, he could very likely spend most of the time getting pounded into the turf. Not so exciting.

Welcome aboard.

Want more EXCITEMENT??!!??!!!!! Use more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!! Why so serious!!! haaa....chill brutha...Im sure not starting Tebow at all, had nothing at all to do with Mcdaniels being fired too. And nobodys talking superstars here, if any thing I was discussing monsters! Ha. I was talking more to the point of the potential for excitement. And a potential exciting option. I understand everyone has there own desired scenario that they have dreamt up, this is mine. But then again I wanted us to draft Hardy, haa, so take it for what its worth!! And yes, I used my outside voice to admit that!!!

This season was pretty exciting , but we still went 4-12...I'd rather be bored to death and be in the playoffs.

I see your logic and raise you

NE - Not boring

PITT - Not boring

Indy - Not boring

GB - Not boring

NO - Not boring

Philly - Def not boring

NYJ - Not boring

All playoff teams brutha...and all very exciting teams. We dont have to be boring to make the playoffs. Atleast I would prefer not to be.

Edited by RichardBag

first, tebow was not the best most talked about player in football. he plays for the rams, and yes once it was clear the rams had the first pick, and bradford declared, tebow became the talk. however very few thought he would go high. the reason tebow had/has upside is not necassarily his athleticism but his tenacity to make changes and become a student of the game. while Cam has done nothing to prove he doesnt want to be, i found him sluggish in reads and finding recievers. i have seen him make very very few nfl throws or reads, even when he takes every snap in shotgun. yes does his upside intrigue me, but no do i take a number 3 overall on him. maybe in the 2nd, but not our 2nd, to early.

so luck is out, or he would be the talk, and cam is being talked because of the questions not necassarily the ability. if he had more answers everybody would have him as a lock for the top 5 picks or so but they dont.

nice pick on hardy. i would love to hear your reasoning on that one

I see your logic and raise you

NE - Not boring

PITT - Not boring

Indy - Not boring

GB - Not boring

NO - Not boring

Philly - Def not boring

NYJ - Not boring

All playoff teams brutha...and all very exciting teams. We dont have to be boring to make the playoffs. Atleast I would prefer not to be.

ne was boring playing the jets and they are out

pitt likes to grind it out, gets boring

indy- it is so much fun to watch peyton manning keep that team a float while other teams run the ball 40 times a game. they are out

gb-fair enough

no- drew breese gets the ball to everybody...they are out

philly- when has the michael vick show ever been boring...they are out

nyj- they love running the ball, and dont even have a qb that can consitently take hold of a game. they get boring.

Well actually yes you are using the term superstar.

Read what you wrote back to yourself slowly. You referred to Tebow as: 1. a superstar, 2. a super hero, and, yes, 3. a "monster."

A veritable trinity of baseless overreaction and ignorant fanboy nonsense.

Some want Tebow, some want Cam, but all of you are out of your minds. No, no, no Tebow, no Cam.

I pray we don't draft Newton. Not in the first round. Not in the second round. Not in the third round. I just don't want to draft Newton at all.

I totally agree with you, he reminds me of Russell and just dosen't seem like a Buffalo type of guy, wont fit in.

First off it's "Amish"

Secondly, Amish QB's tend to get it done better in the NFL than glitter college QB's. You could field an entire roster of college superstars who's done nothing in the NFL. Will these two be the exception, maybe, but not likely. From what I saw of Tebow, he had one pretty good game and two average at best. Were they above average for a rookie, probably, but does that mean he will continue to improve, who knows. So to cal lhim a superstar is based on nothing but hope. Ususually gimic players can look good for a season or so until enough teams get film on them and figure out how to stop them.

Look at Flutie, his first year in Buffalo, looked great, made the pro-bowl, second year, average (except in his own press conferences). Why cause teams figured out, clog the middle and don't let him take off and run. Make him throw to the outsdie. Once they did that, he was nothing special and you saw why he played in Canada and everywhere but the NFL all those years. I see a similar future for Tebow. And BTW, Tebow is no more a "winner" than Flutie was in college.

because you love watching a suck team with a Omish looking QB!!

I Gotta tell you how tired I am with the whole "Yawn" scene Bills football has become. I agree that we need this and I agree we need that, but I would LOVE!!! some excitement for once!!!

They drafted Spiller last year for "excitement". How's that working out so far?

I like the dream... I think Newton has greater upside than Tebow. As a former season ticket holder, nothing would get me more excited about getting my seasons back than a QB that has the chance to do something special every-time he hits the field.

I think Dick Bag needs to chill a little with his SVU! I mean come on... do you watch Criminal Minds errrrrrrrrrr... NYPD Blue errrrrrrr... CHiPs? :wallbash:

No CAM please. Buddy, if you're reading this NO CAM NEWTON.

Donte, I know you're reading this... tell Buddy Nix NO CAM NEWTON. Make it the last kind gesture you do for us Bills fans before you go.

Why are you making a shout out to Donte? Really?

Oh... and by the way!!!! Crazy 8's is off the street for good, yo! :thumbsup:

They drafted Spiller last year for "excitement". How's that working out so far?

Yea...not my favorite pick either....but I see it this way. Nix drafted "his" franchise running back. Nix will want to now draft "his" franchise QB to officially put "his" stamp on this team. I would like to see Newton be "his" pick. Now back to excitement, we will have Newton, Jacked (Better known as F-Jax & StevieJ), The Jack Rabbit (Spiller), Peter Rabbit (Parrish) and my boy Nelson (the WR)!! This excites me....it makes me think Whoosh!!!

Eeeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

Thanks for stopping bye and offering up that intensely, in depth post on the differences between the 3-4 and 4-3 defenses. I have truly been enlightened!

Edited by RichardBag