Look whos on Twitter now..

buffalo1983

the guy is 30, he will be slowing down any day now. the fact that he is updating himself on twitter everyday is only going to draw more attention to that. if i where him he needs a new contract asap. him needind a big new contract now is something to be decided at a different time

I give it 3 months before ppl start turning on him, and attack him on twitter and want him gone from the Bills

I have no issues with players having a Twitter account.

I just have issues with the media thinking everything tweeted is supposed to be revealed on Sportscenter.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Fred has also switched agents after signing that contract extension last year.

The new agent and the entry into the Twitter world indicate to me that Fred's going to be looking for a new contract.

I would if I were him.

He is the only real every down back they have.

Spiller is, and will probably continue to be, a situational player.

Fred is in the position of strength and is not getting any younger so I would be doing the same thing in his shoes. If he makes that move I hope it works out for him.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I would if I were him.

He is the only real every down back they have.

Spiller is, and will probably continue to be, a situational player.

Fred is in the position of strength and is not getting any younger so I would be doing the same thing in his shoes. If he makes that move I hope it works out for him.

Couldn't agree more.

Depends on how you look at it. Does Fred want to extend his curretn deal at a reasonable amount? He's 30 with a year left on his contract. At 30, and only a single 1,000 yard season on your resume, where is this leverage? If the Bills balk at a new contract, then what? Will Fred play it out or pull a Vince Jackson? If he pulls a VJ and sits it out, now he's 31 after sitting out a season and a FA. What team is gonna sign him for more than two years at more than he was making? I doubt anyone, but Belechick would snatch him up at a garage sale price cuz Belechick doesn't use a feature back... they are all part timers.

On the other hand, if Fred becomes a "twit wit" and gets whiney and pissy about this publicly, it makes him look like he's holding the Bills hosage because they have no recourse (they wiffed on Spiller). Of course, the Bills look bad (like they already don't) if they let this fester because Fred's contract proabaly never intended for him to carry the seed as much as he has. Class organizations don't do that, and that will not be overlooked on by potential free agents that the Bills might pursue, and it defiitely would continue to valiidate a belief that the Bills do not have a committment to winning.

The Bills still hold the cards. They could decide to draft a RB or bring a serviceable vet in during the FA period... or both. There has to be a middle ground... perhaps ammending Fred's deal, giving him a raise next year with a fair amount guaranteed and an option year after next season that he could excercise or opt out.

Depends on how you look at it. Does Fred want to extend his curretn deal at a reasonable amount? He's 30 with a year left on his contract. At 30, and only a single 1,000 yard season on your resume, where is this leverage? If the Bills balk at a new contract, then what? Will Fred play it out or pull a Vince Jackson? If he pulls a VJ and sits it out, now he's 31 after sitting out a season and a FA. What team is gonna sign him for more than two years at more than he was making? I doubt anyone, but Belechick would snatch him up at a garage sale price cuz Belechick doesn't use a feature back... they are all part timers.

On the other hand, if Fred becomes a "twit wit" and gets whiney and pissy about this publicly, it makes him look like he's holding the Bills hosage because they have no recourse (they wiffed on Spiller). Of course, the Bills look bad (like they already don't) if they let this fester because Fred's contract proabaly never intended for him to carry the seed as much as he has. Class organizations don't do that, and that will not be overlooked on by potential free agents that the Bills might pursue, and it defiitely would continue to valiidate a belief that the Bills do not have a committment to winning.

The Bills still hold the cards. They could decide to draft a RB or bring a serviceable vet in during the FA period... or both. There has to be a middle ground... perhaps ammending Fred's deal, giving him a raise next year with a fair amount guaranteed and an option year after next season that he could excercise or opt out.

Being fair is almost always the smart move and amending the contract as you suggest sounds like just that.

The Bills really can't afford to "balk" outright. There are far too many needs on this team already to voluntarily create another one. Spiller is not a every down back and Jackson knows that, as does Nix and the fans. After the decade of suck + 1 and counting, the ticket buying Bills fans are on suicide watch as it is already. The Bills can't afford to piss them off any more than they already are. That's Jacksons leverage. I disagree that the Bills hold the cards. If they were a solid team already then yes, but not the way things stand now.

No reason for Jackson to pull a VJ or be a dickhead in general. But at the same time the Bills have to recognize their situation as well.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I give it 3 months before ppl start turning on him, and attack him on twitter and want him gone from the Bills

Your post is the epitome of whining. The term is "whining" is purposely used incorrectly here often by people like yourself.

To whine is to complain in an inappropriate, childish manner. Complaining about the losing ways of a franchise that has missed the playoffs for 11 years is reasonable.

Your take is not reasonable, it's just childish because the issue isn't twitter and you know it.

The primary issue that the average Bills fan has with the Bills and twitter is players who don't produce talking a big game online then being part of the problem on the field.

Donte is that guy. He is completely delusional about what he brings to the table. It's one thing to not live up to the hype, that's not his fault not every 5'9" strong safety is going to be Bob Sanders(Levy tried to copy his GM mentor Polian). But Donte actually thinks he has lived up to the hype(considering all his hardships he's had to endure, apparently) and the detatchment from reality he shows via twitter is salt in the wound inflicted by all the losing that bad drafting has brought to Bills fans.

Shawne Merriman........he has done nothing but cost the Bills money. He gets somewhat of a pass because he has actually been a big time player in the past. But nonetheless, the main issue is the Bills not being good, not the use of twitter in general.

Fred Jackson should be fine. I think he is right to become more publicly involved with Bills fans. The Bills are very mercurial in how they handle contracts, getting fan support can't hurt his cause. Bills fans do want to hear from the players who aren't part of the problem.

He got screwed by the Bills the last time. Hopefully, the next contract will be more fair. He has a lot of fan support now, but the Bills never really care about that when they dish out contracts.

It's rather remarkable to me that we never seem to get it right, we either pay a guy too little or pay a guy too much. They lowballed Jackson badly when he was vulnerable. Personally, I lost a lot of respect for the organization for that (it's one thing to make bad decisions on players with the best of intentions, it's quite another to know what you have and then take advantage of someone).

Jackson also isn't like a lot of other backs. He probably has at least three good years left in him If it's on the Bills), especially because Spiller will be getting more touches in the coming years.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

Ha...pretty cool...I was on the same flight Monday with Fred, his wife, mother in law and 3 very well behaved kids. (well 1 was a baby)

I didn't want to bother him but told him good luck next year on my way off the plane. He said thanks and we went on our way.

A funny tidbit...on the way off the plane, he was carrying the baby bag over his shoulder along with other baby stuff when he kept hitting the seats as he was walking...

I told him he needed C Mac to clear the way for him :) He chuckled.

Seemed like a nice guy with a nice family.

twitter is nothing but trouble for these players.....

but Freddy....."animales" good god....

it's animals bro!

anyone else feel the need to take some ibuprofen before reading tweets from these guys? Can't understand them half the time....

In the spanish language is the correct word.