Have we Ever gotten anything from the Raiders?

Been reflecting on this past season's free agency pick ups and remembering Cornell Green & how much of a revolving door he was for pass rushers. Granted, the front office didn't make the greatest pick up w/ this guy, but how long has it been since we ever got anything worthwhile from the Raiders? A few years ago it was Langston Walker and the other guy I can't think of his name right now. But two slugs they were. I remember back in the 60's we got Darryl Lamonica, our best player we ever got from the Raiders, and Tom Flores was so, so. We also picked up Art Powell back then. But his days as an effective wide reciever was over by then.

So, I'm thinking, maybe we don't need to bother w/ that team anymore, given the historical track record. Between the 60's and the 2000's, did we get ANYBODY worth a d --- from that organization?

P.S. Not sure about the grammtical correctness of "ever gotten" part in my title. But hey, I never said I was an English teacher.

Been reflecting on this past season's free agency pick ups and remembering Cornell Green & how much of a revolving door he was for pass rushers. Granted, the front office didn't make the greatest pick up w/ this guy, but how long has it been since we ever got anything worthwhile from the Raiders? A few years ago it was Langston Walker and the other guy I can't think of his name right now. But two slugs they were. I remember back in the 60's we got Darryl Lamonica, our best player we ever got from the Raiders, and Tom Flores was so, so. We also picked up Art Powell back then. But his days as an effective wide reciever was over by then.

So, I'm thinking, maybe we don't need to bother w/ that team anymore, given the historical track record. Between the 60's and the 2000's, did we get ANYBODY worth a d --- from that organization?

P.S. Not sure about the grammtical correctness of "ever gotten" part in my title. But hey, I never said I was an English teacher.

I'd love to see Richard Seymour in a Bills uni. Pretty sure he's a FA

It was the other way around with Lamonica:

In 1967, Lamonica was traded to the Oakland Raiders with Glenn Bass for Art Powell and Tom Flores. In his first year with the Raiders, under head coach John Rauch, he threw for 30 touchdowns and ran for four more. In 1969, he threw for 34 touchdowns and more than 3,300 yards. It was in Oakland that Lamonica's passing acumen earned him the nickname "The Mad Bomber."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryle_Lamonica

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

I think we got 1 good year our of Phil Villapiano and a 3 decent years from James Lofton.

Ah yes. Lofton, of course! I should've remembered that one! Remember Villapiano too.

It was the other way around with Lamonica:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryle_Lamonica

Thanks, Ghost.

the memory of a 52-3 AFC championship victory...otherwise Lofton played well for us.

Sweet memory that game was.

the memory of a 52-3 AFC championship victory...otherwise Lofton played well for us.

51-3

But hey, the game (1st half) was the most awesome performance we'll likely ever to see from the Bills. I still recall holding my 4 1/2 month old baby daughter while watching the game. She slept the entire game....in my arms.

Didn't we draft LaMonica out of Notre Dame and trade him TO the Raiders. The Mad Bomber took them to the superbowl I believe. I think the trade was Flores and Art Powell for Glen Bass and LaMonica or something like that. Bad trade.

51-3

But hey, the game (1st half) was the most awesome performance we'll likely ever to see from the Bills. I still recall holding my 4 1/2 month old baby daughter while watching the game. She slept the entire game....in my arms.

I was at that game. My husband and I still had seasons. It was awesome.

P.S. your daughter is now grown up to be a beautiful lady.