facility

nuklz2594

I am not sure if we always practice inside the bubble or if there is also an outside practice facility. If we are inside all the time it may be that theplayers don't want to be practicing on fake grass all the time. On the other side, the Redskins have no indoor practice facility and have to go to an airport hanger when the weather is too bad to practice outside. That is worse and the Redskins have been able to lure high priced (although not high talent) free agents.

Overall I do not think our practice facility has anything to do with luring Free Agents.

Practice facilities are good. Indoor, outdoor, and stadium fields.

I'm not so sure about the weight room/pools/strength and conditioning portion. That kind of stuff is key to getting your players to stick around and work out together in the off-season. However I doubt no matter how nice our stuff is, players are not going to stick around this weather just to work out with the team. I'd be training on the beach as well so I can't blame them.

The Bills practice facility is as good as any in the NFL. I think what turns free agents off is that it's in Buffalo.

PTR

Maybe so, but Wade was able to bring in Ted Washington and Bryce Paup in the same year. TKO was on his way to the hall of fame before getting hurt and we signed him too.

The Bills probably have to overpay at this point which is ok, as long as they overpay the right players. I am about a 5 year/40 million dollar offer to Kevin Boss with 20 guaranteed if that is what it takes to build a strong football team. If he wants more, give it to him. Put Boss on a STRONG offensive line and the Bills are instantly a better offense in every sense.

Years ago they signed Dockery to a 48 million dollar contract and he sucked. He was a lazy tub of lard whereas Boss goes all out and can win you football games with his blocking and clutch receptions.

All of us are entitled to pipe dreams, but the Bills will continue to lose until they are stronger, and more suited for our climate and yes, our blue collar fanbase.

Maybe so, but Wade was able to bring in Ted Washington and Bryce Paup in the same year. TKO was on his way to the hall of fame before getting hurt and we signed him too.

The Bills probably have to overpay at this point which is ok, as long as they overpay the right players. I am about a 5 year/40 million dollar offer to Kevin Boss with 20 guaranteed if that is what it takes to build a strong football team. If he wants more, give it to him. Put Boss on a STRONG offensive line and the Bills are instantly a better offense in every sense.

Years ago they signed Dockery to a 48 million dollar contract and he sucked. He was a lazy tub of lard whereas Boss goes all out and can win you football games with his blocking and clutch receptions.

All of us are entitled to pipe dreams, but the Bills will continue to lose until they are stronger, and more suited for our climate and yes, our blue collar fanbase.

Seriously, the biggest turn-off to any legit free agent is a losing franchise. Playing in Buffalo is only a turn-off to the type of player who is more worried about hitting the town than hitting QBs. Not the kind of player we want anyway.

My hope is that Chan got enough positive rep that some players see the Bills as an up-and-coming team. Maybe Shawne Merriman does some campaigning as well. Someone posted earlier that Nix & Merriman might mine the vein of Chargers talent that they have relationships with.

PTR

maybe off topic. have read that some players and coaches refuse contracts due to practice facilities. i have been gone from western ny for a bit. are the facilities up to snuff? grew up in pittsford.

If you're interested in a real sub-par facility, check out the Bengals. I believe they still don't have an indoor practice building.

It all boils down to money and the team's current success whether or not free agents want to come here. Enough of the "Buffalo is a crappy place to live" garbage. Yes the economy isn't great but that doesn't apply to NFL players who aren't affected by it.

If the biggest factor for players not wanting to play somewhere was the actual city, then lets look at where the NFL is currently that the cities are either cold places, or weak economies:

Cincinnati - cold and slow economy

Cleveland - cold and slow economy

Pittsburgh - cold and slow economy

Jacksonville - slow economy

Green Bay - very cold and no economy

Minnesota - very cold and very slow economy

Detroit - very cold and, well, it's Detroit...

Denver - cold and moderate economy

These are just the ones I can confirm, but tell me how Buffalo AS A CITY is any different.

Pay the players, and have a few decent seasons and this will no longer be an issue.

It wears me out to hear so much of the city bashing.