Wes Welker sticks his foot in Rexy's mouth

Beerball

leonidas

Tom Brady ..."does a great job of making sure everyone is ... putting their best foot forward going out there and playing well and doing what they can out there."

"It's a playoff atmosphere and you can't just stick your toe in the water..."

Last year, Welker was injured and missed the playoffs. "I had my foot up in the air trying to get the swelling to go down and things like that."

Now, though, he's healthy. "...you want to go out there and put your best foot forward."

Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis has "great feet, he moves around well and does some good things out there." And again with Revis' feet: "I think he is very patient. He has good feet. He moves around really well."

But Revis isn't along. Patriots receiver Deion Branch "is another guy with great feet."

you want to make sure that you are putting your best foot forward out there

A lot of teams you don't see all year, so you definitely have to be on your toes

we're going out there being good little foot soldiers."

This is actually a lot more personal than what Cromartie said about Brady.

So why isn't the media all over Welker for showing a lack of class and providing board material?

I'm torn between my hate for the Patriots* and the jab at sexy Rexy. He said it a few to many times though.

I don't hate Welker that much...and I hate him much less after this.

:worthy:

I remember when Welker went from Miami to New England. I posted here, I thought that was the best FA pickup of that off-season...everyone said I was an idiot!!!

This is actually a lot more personal than what Cromartie said about Brady.

So why isn't the media all over Welker for showing a lack of class and providing board material?

1. because it was a black man talking smack to a white guy

2. becuae a black man is talking smack to tom brady

3. because people need to be more understanding of the plite of tom brady

If you are a black man, get over your inferiority complex. If you are not, get a clue. Did Wes Welker swear at anybody? Did he call anybody a name at all?

I remember when Welker went from Miami to New England. I posted here, I thought that was the best FA pickup of that off-season...everyone said I was an idiot!!!

It probably had nothing to do with Welker, but more with having to try to justify how cool you are by making posts...well...like this one!

I am going to go out on a limb and say that is was because he said "...he's an !@#$, !@#$ him."

That is oozing with class, and I don't know why it would get taken out of context.

See...Welker is what we call "clever"...Cromartie is what we call "not clever." We don't even have to worry about race here, because it has nothing to do with it. Isn't that a relief?? Awesome!!!

See...Welker is what we call "clever"...Cromartie is what we call "not clever." We don't even have to worry about race here, because it has nothing to do with it. Isn't that a relief?? Awesome!!!

DING DING DING...we have a winner.

Plite?

Frankly race had nothing to do with it. It was someone daring to take a poke at media darling St. Tom. Love to see Cromartie do a pick six this weekend. But as someone posted in this thread, my disdain for the Pats has me conflicted with cheering for the hated Jets.

It probably had nothing to do with Welker, but more with having to try to justify how cool you are by making posts...well...like this one!

I am going to go out on a limb and say that is was because he said "...he's an !@#$, !@#$ him."

That is oozing with class, and I don't know why it would get taken out of context.

There was a thousand and one double meaning foot jokes after that Ryan story broke. There was nothing "clever" about it. It was the nerdy way of talking smack. Wes Welker, NFL nerd.

Plite?

Frankly race had nothing to do with it. It was someone daring to take a poke at media darling St. Tom. Love to see Cromartie do a pick six this weekend. But as someone posted in this thread, my disdain for the Pats has me conflicted with cheering for the hated Jets.

We have to hope that they beat each other senseless this weekend. I don't see the Jets beating the Pats this weekend so I have to hope they physically beat the Pats down. That is the only way I see either the Steelers or Ravens, who will beat each other down tomorrow, beating the Pats.

I am very impressed how he can do that with a straight face. I'm horrible at trying to keep a straight face.

It also goes to show just how boring interviews with players, etc. are because he knew all he would be doing is spitting out cliches anyway, so he knew he could work the feet thing in there with just about any question.

There was a thousand and one double meaning foot jokes after that Ryan story broke. There was nothing "clever" about it. It was the nerdy way of talking smack. Wes Welker, NFL nerd.

I Agree. It wasn't nerdy though. It just wasn't very clever either. Every guy in the office told a few water-cooler jokes when they heard about the video. Nothing new here.