I didn't watch the Presidents speech last night,

Gary M

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean that they had a nice design. Must have been from Obama. :thumbsup:

As much as I don't like the t-shirt idea, not going to blame anyone until someone owns up to ordering them.

But you can blame the "tone" for the shooting without any knowledge whatsoever of the killer's motive(s)? You're about as consistent as lumpy Cream of Wheat.

But you can blame the "tone" for the shooting without any knowledge whatsoever of the killer's motive(s)? You're about as consistent as lumpy Cream of Wheat.

I never blamed the shooting on anything than this guy being crazy. Stated many times over and over that no one truly knows why he did it yet. Nice try.

You know I think you're right.

My brother's a !@#$ing idiot too. :lol:

Ahhh yes, that older brother who thinks he's cool, smart and everything else... fact of the matter is that he's merely trying to stay of his younger brother. Sorry bro, you're losing it in your old age. Grumpy aren't we? :thumbsup:

Why are people saying Obama might have had nothing to do with the T-shirts? The Secret Service, the entire Government has these functions so much on lockdown that someone in-the-know knew.

Saying Obama didn't know about the T-Shirts is like saying Bush didn't know about the "Mission Complete" banner.

I never blamed the shooting on anything than this guy being crazy. Stated many times over and over that no one truly knows why he did it yet. Nice try.

Ahhh yes, that older brother who thinks he's cool, smart and everything else... fact of the matter is that he's merely trying to stay of his younger brother. Sorry bro, you're losing it in your old age. Grumpy aren't we? :thumbsup:

You implied it over and over with all of your talk about "tone" in a thread about the shooting. Basically, we need to "tone" things down to prevent crazies from acting out on what they are hearing. Do you deny that?

Why are people saying Obama might have had nothing to do with the T-shirts? The Secret Service, the entire Government has these functions so much on lockdown that someone in-the-know knew.

Saying Obama didn't know about the T-Shirts is like saying Bush didn't know about the "Mission Complete" banner.

You also have to keep in mind that Obama also has a staff that handles his visits prior to him getting there. I wouldn't say he had anything to do with it or not.

You implied it over and over with all of your talk about "tone" in a thread about the shooting. Basically, we need to "tone" things down to prevent crazies from acting out on what they are hearing. Do you deny that?

Read my posts, then you will know that I didn't imply that at all. The topic of messaging, yes was brought up after the shooting... I carried that conversation over to PPP stating that I agreed the rhetoric being tossed about should be toned down. That people should strive for civil discourse and people should be smarter about their messaging knowing full well that people can take those statements and go the wrong with them. Again, it's all about being smart.

On top of that, with me stating countless times that no one knows what the shooter in Arizonas motives were... means I wasn't implying that he followed anyone's message or that toned rhetoric would have prevented this. Nice try... again. Anything else?

Second post in thread was me asking if the idea came from the White House or university. And my response to you - which was an honest request for information - specifically said I have no basis for judgement.

So I'm sure, given your response, you're an idiot.

You're right...I was giving you more respect than you deserve! :devil:

Turns out, White House staffers were handing them out, although, it is still unclear who actually came up with the idea, or who produced them. To me, this would seem like something that was hatched up by the Tucson chamber of commerce, or something...

Edited by Buftex

You also have to keep in mind that Obama also has a staff that handles his visits prior to him getting there. I wouldn't say he had anything to do with it or not.

Read my posts, then you will know that I didn't imply that at all. The topic of messaging, yes was brought up after the shooting... I carried that conversation over to PPP stating that I agreed the rhetoric being tossed about should be toned down. That people should strive for civil discourse and people should be smarter about their messaging knowing full well that people can take those statements and go the wrong with them. On top of that, with me stating countless times that no one knows what the shooter in Arizonas motives were... means I wasn't implying that he followed anyone's message or that toned rhetoric would have prevented this. Nice try... again. Anything else?

About every other post on the thread that had to do with the shootings was you talking about "tone" and how the inflammatory statements could cause people to go nuts. You would often then make some statement alluding to the fact that nobody knows his real motivation.

It was a pathetic and thinly veiled attempt to get your message across without having to claim reponsibility for it.

The university said it did the planning with minimal input from the White House. The school paid for the event, including $60,000 for 20,000 T-shirts bearing the words "Together We Thrive," which were handed out for free. The money will not come student tuition, fees or tax dollars.

My link

The money will not come student tuition, fees or tax dollars.

What's left? Pimping the women's studies majors?

The whole point of having so many White House staffers is so piddly **** like that doesn't even get to the president's attention.

The whole point of having so many White House staffers is so piddly **** like that doesn't even get to the president's attention.

Until they walk to the podium and look around and say to themselves :doh: "you're !@#$ing kidding me."

Edited by Chef Jim

About every other post on the thread that had to do with the shootings was you talking about "tone" and how the inflammatory statements could cause people to go nuts. You would often then make some statement alluding to the fact that nobody knows his real motivation.

It was a pathetic and thinly veiled attempt to get your message across without having to claim reponsibility for it.

Actual wrong again... I never it COULD cause someone to go nuts. I said that people with mental issues MAY take those statements the wrong way. Sorry again. Keep trying.

The university said it did the planning with minimal input from the White House. The school paid for the event, including $60,000 for 20,000 T-shirts bearing the words "Together We Thrive," which were handed out for free. The money will not come student tuition, fees or tax dollars.

My link

No one is surprised. Gary M has a habit of being wrong.

No one is surprised. Gary M has a habit of being wrong.

What am I wrong about, all I said was he has no class for handing out t-shirts at a memorial service.

I certainly hope your defense isn't "he didn't know about them because that is what the staffers are for", because that would mean he is clueless also.

What am I wrong about, all I said was he has no class for handing out t-shirts at a memorial service.

I certainly hope your defense isn't "he didn't know about them because that is what the staffers are for", because that would mean he is clueless also.

Ultimately who cares. Seems that the only people really upset with the rally are people that are normally against Obama. Big deal.

There is NO WAY that any president can possibly know everything that goes on in his administration - or even his office.

That's not cluelessness, that's the simple fact that to govern effectively any leader or manager at a high level needs to not be distracted by the insignificant bull ****, and thus has staff making those decisions.

In fact, if Obama was in any way involved with these t-shirts, THAT would make him irresponsible and clueless, for focusing on insignificant bull **** that he could and should delegate.

Edited by DC Tom