I didn't watch the Presidents speech last night,

Gary M

No, what I know is that everything that this group does is orchastrated. Even the smallest details.

And now there is evidence of this.

Obamas defenders have said that the crowd response was spontaneous, well I think they chose the venue and the time for a reason.

Yeah, a college.

But you defended Bush the same way when people criticized his administration for being manipulative. You know what? Same thing applied then: these senior guys are not all that clever that they have the time to put aside the actual work they have to do and say "let's get some t-shirts and make a spectacle out of it!" It's just not the nature of the bureaucracy - it wasn't under Clinton, it wasn't under Bush, and it's not under Obama. No matter how much you want to pretend it is.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are missing the point!

This was all a show.

All this talk of bipartisan and now togetherness.

When the dems had control it was "WE WON"

Now the tide has changed and he is talking we should all just get along, the America people can see the emperor has no clothes.

You may have it there, but not the part about the American people.

It will take an excellent bit of work from the Republicans to drive home your "we won, do as we say/we lost, let's share power!" point.

Yeah, a college.

But you defended Bush the same way when people criticized his administration for being manipulative. You know what? Same thing applied then: these senior guys are not all that clever that they have the time to put aside the actual work they have to do and say "let's get some t-shirts and make a spectacle out of it!" It's just not the nature of the bureaucracy - it wasn't under Clinton, it wasn't under Bush, and it's not under Obama. No matter how much you want to pretend it is.

Oh no you don't I would never have defended Bush for politicing a funeral. That's the problem I know "they all do it", but this group has no shame and have taken it to new lows and when they are called on it they cry racism or hate speech and other such nonsense.

these senior guys are not all that clever that they have the time to put aside the actual work they have to do and say "let's get some t-shirts and make a spectacle out of it!" It's just not the nature of the bureaucracy - it wasn't under Clinton, it wasn't under Bush, and it's not under Obama. No matter how much you want to pretend it is.

I think you underestimate them, this is what they do.

It will take an excellent bit of work from the Republicans to drive home your "we won, do as we say/we lost, let's share power!" point.

I think Obama is the best spokesman the GOP has right now. The more he talks the less people like him.

Edited by Gary M

And the cycle continues- which is why we still claim to be the best in the world......

This was all a show.

Now the tide has changed and he is talking we should all just get along, the America people can see the emperor has no clothes.

This thread is a perfect example of how polarized we are. Nothing the President can do will ever be right for some.

Let me pose this thought: Let's assume you're right and Obama has never asked for civil discourse between both parties or tried to incorporate R ideas into his policies; but now he is. Seems like he's trying.. and yet you still complain about it. Would you prefer he become even more partisan and continue to polarize every issue? Should he ever be allowed to ask us all to just get along? What could he have possibly said or done after this event that would have made you (or any of the detractors) happy? I'm genuinely curious.

We can criticize the crowd at the memorial service all we want. But, the fact is, the University as readily admitted they were the people in charge of it. It was their students in attendance. It was their event to organize. The White House and certainly the President, by all accounts, had very little to do with the event. Was it a cheerful crowd - that's an understatement. But, how can you blame an individual for the type of crowd that shows up? Nothing, nothing in his speech was politically oriented or inappropriate. He did nothing to solicit the cheers. Yet he's blamed for them.

Again, what could he have done? Fire his entire staff afterwards? Not shown up at all? Admonished the crowd with each cheer?

This thread is a perfect example of how polarized we are. Nothing the President can do will ever be right for some.

Let me pose this thought: Let's assume you're right and Obama has never asked for civil discourse between both parties or tried to incorporate R ideas into his policies; but now he is. Seems like he's trying.. and yet you still complain about it. Would you prefer he become even more partisan and continue to polarize every issue? Should he ever be allowed to ask us all to just get along? What could he have possibly said or done after this event that would have made you (or any of the detractors) happy? I'm genuinely curious.

We can criticize the crowd at the memorial service all we want. But, the fact is, the University as readily admitted they were the people in charge of it. It was their students in attendance. It was their event to organize. The White House and certainly the President, by all accounts, had very little to do with the event. Was it a cheerful crowd - that's an understatement. But, how can you blame an individual for the type of crowd that shows up? Nothing, nothing in his speech was politically oriented or inappropriate. He did nothing to solicit the cheers. Yet he's blamed for them.

Again, what could he have done? Fire his entire staff afterwards? Not shown up at all? Admonished the crowd with each cheer?

"The White House and certainly the President, by all accounts, had very little to do with the event."

Please tell us, what is the title of this 2008 post on Obama's campaign website?…

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2656595/posts

If you believe that this is sheer coincidence, that Obama's people had nothing to do with this, then you are a stupid person.

So what does civil discourse have to do with a memorial for the dead? Other than the fact that a bunch libs who are either retards, nutjobs, or liars, have tried to opportunistically tie these murders to the political climate, why the hell would this ever be brought up in this venue? This makes about as much sense as Walter's eulogy for Donnie. What the !@#$ does anything have to do with Viet Nam?

Edited by Rob's House

I think you underestimate them, this is what they do.

I think I work within the government bureaucracy, and interact directly and indirectly some of the people that make the dumbass choices like this.

It doesn't work the way you hope. (And let's be honest: it's hope...you hope, desperately, that you can justify your irrational prejudice).

I think I work within the government bureaucracy, and interact directly and indirectly some of the people that make the dumbass choices like this.

It doesn't work the way you hope. (And let's be honest: it's hope...you hope, desperately, that you can justify your irrational prejudice).

So what you are trying to tell me is that the WH did not choose the venue, the time, or have any knowledge of the t-shirts because of bureaucracy. But I had to listen to people tell me for years that the "idiot" Bush lied to get us into a war?

Is there a slight chance that maybe you aren't as "in" as you think you are?

BTW my prejudice is not irrational, I do not want this:

Edited by Gary M

:rolleyes: Give it a rest man.

I'll rest when this current disaster of a presidency is finished. 2012 can't come soon enough, when we put these marxist/union-lovin' stooges who are currently in charge on a slow boat to Cuba. America isn't about "we" "us" "community", it's about the INDIVIDUAL.

I'll rest when this current disaster of a presidency is finished. 2012 can't come soon enough, when we put these marxist/union-lovin' stooges who are currently in charge on a slow boat to Cuba. America isn't about "we" "us" "community", it's about the INDIVIDUAL.

This administration may be a disaster but what did that have to do with the memorial. You think they handed out t-shirts. Personally I don't but if they did, but so what. What angers me is that we are raising a society that has no idea what respect is all about. Obama carries the cult of personality and people were there just to see and cheer for him and not pay respects to those murdered. That pisses me off and I'm not pissed at Obama, I'm pissed at the people cheering.

A lot of my ignore list people are posting here so I'm missing some stuff but it seems like people here believe that the Obama administration is both the most efficient calculating manipulative shrewd evil force in the world...and also the dumbest mistake making Keystone cop group ever.

T-shirts Gary? Really? T- shirts? You're all hung up on the administration's knowledge or lack thereof about T-shirts? YOU are what is wrong. You personally.

A lot of my ignore list people are posting here so I'm missing some stuff but it seems like people here believe that the Obama Bush administration is both the most efficient calculating manipulative shrewd evil force in the world...and also the dumbest mistake making Keystone cop group ever.

Whoa, holy back to the future batman.

"The White House and certainly the President, by all accounts, had very little to do with the event."

Please tell us, what is the title of this 2008 post on Obama's campaign website?…

http://www.freerepub...s/2656595/posts

If you believe that this is sheer coincidence, that Obama's people had nothing to do with this, then you are a stupid person.

I suppose you're smart enough to find a link to a 2008 website, but University organizers aren't that swift?

I guess I am stupid, because I never saw that website or heard that slogan until all this.

So what does civil discourse have to do with a memorial for the dead? Other than the fact that a bunch libs who are either retards, nutjobs, or liars, have tried to opportunistically tie these murders to the political climate, why the hell would this ever be brought up in this venue? This makes about as much sense as Walter's eulogy for Donnie. What the !@#$ does anything have to do with Viet Nam?

Have you heard the President or the WH make a connection between the shooting and partisan political rhetoric? I haven't. All I've heard from the WH in response is just the opposite. In fact, when the President specifically states we should be engage in civil discourse and not look to blame anyone, you want to blame him or the WH for doing something bad?

Like it or not, this event has gotten tied to the vitriol espoused in the political climate. Yes, initially by the Ds; but now by the Rs as well. So, should the President just ignore it all and pretend it doesn't exist? Or should he address it and say it doesn't belong and is inappropriate? I think he did more the later and I think it's right and justified. So, again, what could Obama have done that you would have felt was right? Ignore the issue all together? Give a short 3 minute speech that says I'm sorry for the whole world? What?

IMO, HE handled the situation extremely well. Have other pundits? Did the University staff and students? Has the press? Those are all separate questions and entities outside of his control.

This administration may be a disaster but what did that have to do with the memorial. You think they handed out t-shirts. Personally I don't but if they did, but so what. What angers me is that we are raising a society that has no idea what respect is all about. Obama carries the cult of personality and people were there just to see and cheer for him and not pay respects to those murdered. That pisses me off and I'm not pissed at Obama, I'm pissed at the people cheering.

Pretty well sums it up for me, as well. The only solace I can have is that maybe people in AZ celebrate at memorials. Hell, in Louisiana they have bands and drinks at funerals, so who am I to judge how people want to memorialize. I don't really think that's the case here; but I don't really know either.

Similarly, I've read some people were upset about the native american prayer. Again, out west that stuff is quite common. I have no idea the motives behind why they went with a native american prayer and not a a christian prayer; but it's not the first time I've seen it. So, to each their own i guess.

So what you are trying to tell me is that the WH did not choose the venue, the time, or have any knowledge of the t-shirts because of bureaucracy. But I had to listen to people tell me for years that the "idiot" Bush lied to get us into a war?

No, I'm telling you that you're being as stupid as those that told you for years that Bush lied to get us into a war. :wallbash:

This was all a show.

The idea that Obama is a hypocrite is irrelevant to the point that we should all try to get along better. The man's words ring true whether or not you personally think he follows them.

Dear fellow righties,

There are fights worth fighting, and this isn't one of them. I appreciate the need to want to whip up the fight, in part because we spent eight years listening to the far left behave precisely like this, and there is always this sense that if you don't fight back on everything, you'll win nothing. I get it.

But please pick your battles. The far left just spent the last week making absolutely jackasses out of themselves, and everyone saw them for what they were. Consequently, pissing and moaning about this memorial is, as some would say, like teaching a pig to sing; in the end, all you do is frustrate the pig and piss yourself off.

Pick a better battle.

Dear fellow righties,

There are fights worth fighting, and this isn't one of them. I appreciate the need to want to whip up the fight, in part because we spent eight years listening to the far left behave precisely like this, and there is always this sense that if you don't fight back on everything, you'll win nothing. I get it.

But please pick your battles. The far left just spent the last week making absolutely jackasses out of themselves, and everyone saw them for what they were. Consequently, pissing and moaning about this memorial is, as some would say, like teaching a pig to sing; in the end, all you do is frustrate the pig and piss yourself off.

Pick a better battle.

:worthy::thumbsup:

Dear fellow righties,

Pick a better battle.

Clearly there's a cover up going on for which the true purpose of these t-shirts is desperately being tried to be hidden.

Purpose being that a memorial service was used by our president as a psuedo-campaign event. It's been proven that the "Together We Thrive" slogan was originally a Obama campaign site blog title promoting marxist ideas and made into t-shirt to commemorate a memorial service part of which included memorializing the death of a nine year old little girl.

This is a battle that I will not ignore. We need to know if this was sheer coincidence or begin to examine how sick and twisted they really are and how far they will go.

It all circles back to 20 years worth of Reverend Wright's marxist teachings. Mixing spiritualism with Marx is perfectly ok. We need to know the truth here.