Bleacher latest Mock Draft looks ohh so good...

richNjoisy

I always laugh when I see the shots at Bledsoe.

The guy had an outstanding career and put up a ton of yards, TDs and wins.

No, he was not mobile and his tenure here was at the end of his career so it was less than stellar. But if we could get Mallett and he could have a career anywhere close to Bledsoe, I am all for it.

Agreed. If the worst we can do is pick an equivalent to Bledsoe in round 2, then go for it!

The OLine is coming along, and also remember that any rookie QB picked will 99% most likely NOT be starting any games in 2011. That gives the coaches another year to develop the young talent we have, and the FO another year to fill in the gaps. Which at this point, is really just a RT.

By 2012, the OLine will be going into its 3rd year playing under Gailey's offense with Woods leading the crew. Mallett would also have a year of learning from one of the best QB coaches in the league, and studying behind the 5th smartest player in all of professional sports.

If done correctly, this should be the IDEAL place for a rookie QB to come.

Now, I dont think Mallett is the type of QB Gailey really wants, and that is why I fear we will go with Newton at #3. But my point is, if we did happen to luck out and have Mallett fall to us in the 2nd, picking him will not be a horrible thing.

-----------------------------------------

Trade the 2nd to Philly for Kolb?

4th and conditional, at best, IMO.

I think the little he's shown is more a product of Reid's well-established system and not Kolb's talent.

Edited by DrDankenstein

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairley and Mallett in rounds 1 and 2 would be a huge victory for the Bills.

However, I see Fairley going #1 or 2 overall, and our pick at #3 being Newton (instead of Dareus).

Guess we'll have to wait and see!

:sick: God I hope you're wrong Dank! Dareus would look awful nice lined up next to Kyle Williams.

:sick: God I hope you're wrong Dank! Dareus would look awful nice lined up next to Kyle Williams.

Agreed, but youre better off starting to rationalize and come to terms with the Newton pick now as well.

I wouldnt hate it. Remember, we have more than 1 pick in the entire draft, so if the 1st goes to QB, and 7 others go to Defensive Front 7, etc. it might not be that bad.

I, personally, would LOVE to see what Gailey could get out of Newton. Ive made the joke before about him bringing back the Triple Option with Newton, Spiller and Jackson, and as I joke I actually get excited to see it!

If we had Jauron here still, Id be 100% against bringing in any rookie QB no matter where drafted. But I think drafting a QB while Gailey and Co. are on staff is a good investment.

Still would PREFER Fairley or Dareus, but I'd be happy with Newton as well.

------------------------------------

He looks great with no pressure. His pocket presence seems herky jerky and his accuracy (when pressured) pays the price.

Not from the 10 or so games Ive watched him in.

If you are going only by the Bowl game where he played against the #1 TOP pass rushing defense in the NCAA, then yes, they gave him some problems.

But Ive watched him against very good defenses, and I've seen plenty of examples where he felt pressure before it got to him, slid up in the pocket, and used his feet to buy a couple of extra second before delivering a strike.

He's no scrambling QB by any means. Neither was Kelly. Neither is Brady. But they were good at sliding around the pocket and keeping the play going.

Edited by DrDankenstein

Getting a 22-year old Drew Bledsoe in the second round is a steal. He was frustrating as an old man in Buffalo, but in New England, he won two AFC championship games, and otherwise had a very good career. 3 4000 yard seasons is nothing to sneeze at. 2nd round QBs are usually much, MUCH worse than ol' Drew: Brian Brohm, Chad Henne, Pat White, etc.

Wait, I thought we needed LT and QB? No, nevermind, that was our supposed needs last draft when we went drafted D-Line in the second and third before adding Merriman. I'm not saying I love our front 7, and I really hope we find excellent football players to help them out. We better use our 1st and 2nd on great football players, and not to try to patch a short term perceived need with inferior players.

I don't see Mallett as having any chance at #3, and I would much rather have Fairley/Dareus at that spot than Newton, but I really want the best player possible at that spot. As Chan says, when you are 4-12 you have needs at all 53 positions, and I don't see any of our 53 getting a yellow jacket in the future. So whether it is a shutdown CB (everyone will boo) a small fast running back (okay, not this year, but I don't disagree with our pick last year), or a beast D-Lineman, I just want the most talented football player at each pick, based on what we think he brings to the table over the next five years.

I personally would love to see Chan get a QB he likes with our second pick, but am fine with Chan and Buddy picking up the QB they want any time in this draft or next draft (the one position that has some more complex reasoning than just BPA).

Too high for Mallet. When you're as pathetic against the run as we are, you had better use your 1st and 2nd round on defense UNLESS you are DARN SURE you're picking a REAL FRANCHISE QB.

Don't see how anyone can think Mallet is a lock in the NFL. He's a 3rd round guy, imo

I wouldn't mind grabbing Mallett but it would be hard to pass a decent LB if one is one the board. I'm all over Fairly at #3 though.

PTR

I agree, I wouldn't take him over a run stopping machine of a linebacker like Greg Jones, but it would be tempting. Bottem line though, I think Mallett will go toward the bottom of round 1. Too many teams need a QB. There will be a big run.

I agree, I wouldn't take him over a run stopping machine of a linebacker like Greg Jones, but it would be tempting. Bottem line though, I think Mallett will go toward the bottom of round 1. Too many teams need a QB. There will be a big run.

Agreed and I also think he goes before Locker and even Ponder, unlike that mock has.

I always laugh when I see the shots at Bledsoe.

The guy had an outstanding career and put up a ton of yards, TDs and wins.

No, he was not mobile and his tenure here was at the end of his career so it was less than stellar. But if we could get Mallett and he could have a career anywhere close to Bledsoe, I am all for it.

I guess that's what happens when your either a teenager or don't watch a lot of football outside of buffalo. He had a long and very productive career that i feel like a lot of people missed. how many yards? How many probowls? How many wins? Playoff wins? Oh yea that superbowl thing too - he got a team there right? 34 is way to high for that kind of qb....

Not from the 10 or so games Ive watched him in.

If you are going only by the Bowl game where he played against the #1 TOP pass rushing defense in the NCAA, then yes, they gave him some problems.

But Ive watched him against very good defenses, and I've seen plenty of examples where he felt pressure before it got to him, slid up in the pocket, and used his feet to buy a couple of extra second before delivering a strike.

He's no scrambling QB by any means. Neither was Kelly. Neither is Brady. But they were good at sliding around the pocket and keeping the play going.

fair enough. i only saw him twice before the bowl game and he never blew me away