Nnamdi Asomugha’s contract voids

But if my team signs one of the best FA DBs in the game AND drafts the best pass rushing DE in the draft and LB; I think I win. Why can't you do both?

I guess you could if you convinced Ralph to fork out 16 mil a year.

And if you could id still rather have Mankins, Harris, a TE for that coin.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the .sig.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Thanks. Thoner thinks if he makes his "points" loudly and obnoxiously, more people will agree with him. I'm convinced he has never actually watched a football game.

And nothing against the OP, but san jose basically told you what's up when it comes to nnamdi. Like i said, he IS like deion, maybe better. No one tests him ever.

In this division with amount of WR talent we face it's a need... helps free up others to make plays...I would at least make my best efforts to go get him

He would truly enhance this team's defense. If we have to chase TEs in our division a guy like this will add a safety to covering another playmaker.

I am one to norammlly be all over this kinda stuff but not this time. I hate DBs and thats a lot of coin. I would rather sign Mankins and a TE or David Harris. No one even tries to throw on us anyways and no one can cover a Wr for ever with no pass rush.

Agreed, we have bigger needs than corner and that money would better spent on Ngata or Woodley.

There's just no way you ever spend that kind of money on a DB. They simply cannot make that kind of impact on you W-L. Impossible. They cover one WR and the best teams are spreading the ball aound to 5 or 6 guys every game.

What great QB and/or WR did the Raiders shut down this year? Indy--maybe. SD? They gave up 431 passing in one game.

It's crazy to give up franchise QB money for a low impact player. Ralph would never agree to this for other reasons, though.

Yes they should, but it will never happen. He will likely fetch somewhere in the 15-20 million per year range, and there is no way Ralph is gonna pony up that kind of cheddar for any player. That being said...I would love having a guy like Asomugha here in Buffalo. He is a true "shut-down" corner.

please, why in the world would he want to sign here. The guy wants to win plus get paid. He was already getting paid big time but his agent still voided the deal. There is NO chance in hell the Bills would even consider the move and even a less a chance he'd sign with Buffalo.

My general thinking is htat you're as good as your worst DB on the field, not your best. Most teams have two good WRs to beat you with, so closing off one side of the field might leave you vulnerable on the other side if you blew your budget on a single star CB. That's why I'm wary of superdollar CBs like Asomugah.

My general thinking is htat you're as good as your worst DB on the field, not your best. Most teams have two good WRs to beat you with, so closing off one side of the field might leave you vulnerable on the other side if you blew your budget on a single star CB. That's why I'm wary of superdollar CBs like Asomugah.

I agree. Plus, lets spend the cash on D line, O line, OLB or safety.

Edited by RyanC883