What About Another Bills Eagles Trade ??

T master

I was listening this morning to a couple of different shows on the ESPN network and can't remember which show it was but i heard that Kevin Kolb said that he wanted to be a starter on a team not a back up . One of the announcers said that he may put pressure on the Eagles to trade him .

With that and the history of all of the people going from the Bills to the Eagles in past years (Peters , April , Jauron , Bell) i started thinking about some things that had been brought up on BB.com .

On the Thurman Thomas show interview with Chan Gailey i think it was there was mention made of the log jam at WR the Bills may have with Roscoe , Evans , Easley all coming back off injury & then Jones , Nelson , Roosevelt all stepping up and making plays plus the others that managed to stay healthy .

I for one this year have been on the wagon not only because of Lee Evans lack of production but large contract to see if we might be able to trade him for a position that may be in need of up grade or look to the future .

Then i heard what they were saying about Kolb on ESPN & thought BINGO !! the Eagles could use another WR & it's a place that Evans would have a chance to go to the play offs a validate his career log jam eased a bit monies freed up for other's or used for Kolb . Plus Kolb when put on the field has done some great things & has the arm to play in the elements of the Ralph !

I don't really like the idea of having to put Fitz on as a back up again seeing the intangibles that he brings to the team & he is a Buffalo type of guy if i've ever seen one , but even Gailey himself said that he can't see Fitz being in a different role than our starting QB next year but doesn't rule out any possibilities .

I think it would be better served to have some one a bit more proven in the NFL brought in rather than a rookie . Because let's face it after the last game i think Brohms future in Buffalo is all but over . So we'll have to bring in some one else anyway .

Well there it is in a nut shell , i thought i would put it out there & see if you all thought that the trade would be of equal value for both teams with all considered and just what your thoughts were .

So lay it on me good or bad !! I can take i have to i'm a BIlls fan 4 life !! GO BILLS !!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by T master

The receiver slot looks like it may be a good place to make a deal. It just wouldn't be for another QB. There are other positions on the team that I would look to fill. If the Bills could grab a defensive player who is proven then it should be entertained.

I was listening this morning to a couple of different shows on the ESPN network and can't remember which show it was but i heard that Kevin Kolb said that he wanted to be a starter on a team not a back up . One of the announcers said that he may put pressure on the Eagles to trade him .

With that and the history of all of the people going from the Bills to the Eagles in past years (Peters , April , Jauron , Bell) i started thinking about some things that had been brought up on BB.com .

On the Thurman Thomas show interview with Chan Gailey i think it was there was mention made of the log jam at WR the Bills may have with Roscoe , Evans , Easley all coming back off injury & then Jones , Nelson , Roosevelt all stepping up and making plays plus the others that managed to stay healthy .

I for one this year have been on the wagon not only because of Lee Evans lack of production but large contract to see if we might be able to trade him for a position that may be in need of up grade or look to the future .

Then i heard what they were saying about Kolb on ESPN & thought BINGO !! the Eagles could use another WR & it's a place that Evans would have a chance to go to the play offs a validate his career & Kolb when put on the field has done some great things !

I don't really like the idea of having to put Fitz on as a back up again seeing the intangibles that he brings to the team but even Gailey himself said that he can't see Fitz being in a different role than our starting QB next year but doesn't rule out any possibilities .

I think it would be better served to have some one a bit more proven in the NFL brought in rather than a rookie . Because let's face it after the last game i think Brohms future in Buffalo is all but over . So we'll have to bring in some one else anyway .

Well there it is in a nut shell , i thought i would put it out there & see if you all thought that the trade would be of equal value for both teams with all considered and just what your thoughts were .

So lay it on me good or bad !! I can take i have to i'm a BIlls fan 4 life !! GO BILLS !!!! :thumbsup:

I believe the Eagles are pretty well set at WR with Jackson, Maclin, and Avant. I am fairly certain, however, that the Eagles are in need of some help at cornerback. Perhaps we could offer up Terrence McGee, but I doubt that McGee alone would be sufficient to land a guy like Kevin Kolb. We would probably have to package McGee with one or more draft picks......so.....no thanks.

Lee Evans not so large contract:

10/2/2008: Signed a four-year, $37.25 million contract extension through 2012. The deal contains $18.25 million guaranteed, including a first-year salary of $11,730,770 and a $3 million roster bonus in year three. Another $3 million is available through incentives. 2011-2012: $3.225 million (+ $1 million roster bonuses), 2013: Free Agent

$4.225 Million next season

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=26

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

The interesting thing about Kolb is what Philly did in 2010 in giving him a 1 year extension. This gives Philly equity in this player whether they use him or not. They could have let him walk or traded him last year, but they thought enough of him and Vick to give them both a longer look. I hope the Bills front office starts locking up players the way winning franchises do.

Take Whitner, for example. I know he is controversial, but he MIGHT be a good player behind a decent front 7. I think a good front office extends him...and Poz for that matter, LAST year so at least they can get something in a trade if they decide Whitner needs to be moved.

As far as trading with Philly again, forget about it. Gailey loves Fitz and I don't think he's going to give up part of the Bills' future for Kolb. Lee Evans? Philly has better versions of him in #s 18 and 10.

Kolb is just another QB that has been overhyped by the Media. What has he done in the NFL - his body of work? Sorry, but we don't need another Rob Johnson on our hands.

Good analogy. Kolb didn't light'em up when he was behind center and can't beat out dog-deatheater Vick. (BTW - right before the last Eagle drive I predicted he'd throw a pick because he's not a winner and when he has to rely on his arm, it will let him down 9 times out of ten)

So why give up all that we'd have to to get another possible Rob Johnson? Let's draft a QB and develop him behind Fitz. We need defense and plenty of it right now.

If the Bills deal Evans this year, I agree with other posters that Philly is an unlikely destination due to the quality of their young WRs. Also, I doubt we'd be trying to get a QB back.

I had a similar thought this weekend but it was a few hours earlier, watching the Chiefs play. Besides Bowe, their WRs are abysmal. They have absolutely no one to take pressure from Bowe and draw coverage. Also, they have lots of good, young defensive pieces.

I'd much prefer to trade Evans to the Chiefs for a LB or a DL. Obviously we're not getting Hali or Johnson, but maybe a Demorrio Willaims? Anyway, not sure specifically who but the other potential plus is Gailey was there recently and may know which piece from the defense would fit the Bills.

There is nothing I've seen that makes me believe that Kolb will improve the Bills QB situation. In fact, behind the Bills line, I expect he will perform worse that Fitz. We've taken the hot looking prospect before - fdoes Rob Johnson ring a bell -- and should not fall into that trap again. Kolb is not a proven product -- stay clear.

I don't really like the idea of having to put Fitz on as a back up again seeing the intangibles that he brings to the team & he is a Buffalo type of guy if i've ever seen one

This has been the problem with the Bills since the '90s. Fitzbeard, while lovable and a hard worker is just not talented enough to get the job done. In summary, he is a lovable loser. Eventually the people of Buffalo will shrug off their love for everything underdog and start to demand talent and victories instead of close losses. At least I hope so. I would say Fitz is a snap shot of Buffalo and that is why so many people love him. Rise up Buffalo, and demand more of yourself and your team.

Good analogy. Kolb didn't light'em up when he was behind center and can't beat out dog-deatheater Vick. (BTW - right before the last Eagle drive I predicted he'd throw a pick because he's not a winner and when he has to rely on his arm, it will let him down 9 times out of ten)

This thread had nothing to do with Vick. Get over yourself. You must be a riot to be around. :wallbash:

Then i heard what they were saying about Kolb on ESPN & thought BINGO !! the Eagles could use another WR & it's a place that Evans would have a chance to go to the play offs a validate his career log jam eased a bit monies freed up for other's or used for Kolb . Plus Kolb when put on the field has done some great things & has the arm to play in the elements of the Ralph !

I don't really like the idea of having to put Fitz on as a back up again seeing the intangibles that he brings to the team & he is a Buffalo type of guy if i've ever seen one , but even Gailey himself said that he can't see Fitz being in a different role than our starting QB next year but doesn't rule out any possibilities .

How does this make any sense at all? Eagles are set at WR with DJ and Maclin and the likes of players like Avant. DJ and Evans are very similar types of players, except DJ is younger and returns kicks too.

Kolb to Buffalo makes sense, but trading Lee does not. Not to mention, adding Kolb but subtracting Lee hurts Kolb once he gets here. We have a log jam of PROSPECTS, not proven WR's. Roscoe has never had a big year and is very small and will have a hard time staying healthy with a lofty amount of touches. SJ has proven that he is NOT a #1 WR yet, Easley has never stepped foot on to the field, and the rest of the guys on our squad are intriguing yet have proven nothing thus far.

As of right now, our best WR on this football team is still Evans, especially in terms of defensive attention. If you are going to bring in a young QB, the last thing we should do is trade away one of his best weapons. Lets see if Kolb can utilize him first before we decide to trade him away. Not to mention, all this talk about his contract is crazy...Lee doesnt make as much as posters on here claim he does next year and his salary in NO WAY impacts this roster in a negative way. We have plenty of other money to spend.

I just find it funny that every one complains about Ralph as if he doesnt spend money, then you complain about Lee's contract as if its holding this team back, which it clearly isnt.

A draft pick for Kolb is by far the more likely scenario and the one that makes the most sense for both teams.

Don't deal Evans. After he got hurt, SJ's production wend down along with all other WRs.

If you can get Kolb, let him backup Fitz. We do need a real backup who can come in and give us a chance to win a game if Fitz is hurt. Right now we don't have that. I recommend we sign one of the following: Alex Smith, Troy Smith, Vince Young (if cut), or Tavaris Jackson, or maybe someone else if they become available. We should be able to improve our backup QB situation without trading anyone. Esecially not our best WR.