My car has different sized tires

Albany,n.y.

I looked at my new car's tires & noticed the front and rear tires are different sizes. Here's what the manufacturer's website says regarding tires and wheels:

Staggered-width wheels and tires

Staggered-width alloy wheels and tires are wider at the rear for greater launch grip, and narrower up front for crisper steering feedback. Standard on the Sport Sedan are 7.5 x 17 front/8.5 x 17 rear 5-spoke wheels fitted with 225/45R17 front and 245/40R17 rear all-season tires.

How do I rotate the tires? I'm leaning towards no rotation since all I would be doing is rotating the right side to the left & vice versa.

I looked at my new car's tires & noticed the front and rear tires are different sizes. Here's what the manufacturer's website says regarding tires and wheels:

Staggered-width wheels and tires

Staggered-width alloy wheels and tires are wider at the rear for greater launch grip, and narrower up front for crisper steering feedback. Standard on the Sport Sedan are 7.5 x 17 front/8.5 x 17 rear 5-spoke wheels fitted with 225/45R17 front and 245/40R17 rear all-season tires.

How do I rotate the tires? I'm leaning towards no rotation since all I would be doing is rotating the right side to the left & vice versa.

i have a g35 coupe with with similar sized wheels except 18inch. do you have the sedan? if so, you can't rotate without taking the tires of the rims as they are directional tires and even then can only rotate front for front and rear for rear. you'll pay a bit to get someone to do that as low profile tires are a pain in the ass to remove and replace from rims. very few tires that size of any make, even all seasons, last more than 30,000 miles. may just want to leave them til they get too noisy or wear down and then change them out.

i have a g35 coupe with with similar sized wheels except 18inch. do you have the sedan? if so, you can't rotate without taking the tires of the rims as they are directional tires and even then can only rotate front for front and rear for rear. you'll pay a bit to get someone to do that as low profile tires are a pain in the ass to remove and replace from rims. very few tires that size of any make, even all seasons, last more than 30,000 miles. may just want to leave them til they get too noisy or wear down and then change them out.

May be correct - some tires are not meant to be rotated. For example on the SLK we have the owners manual specifically instructs that tires are not to be rotated (fronts smaller than backs).

May be correct - some tires are not meant to be rotated. For example on the SLK we have the owners manual specifically instructs that tires are not to be rotated (fronts smaller than backs).

not may be. if you have directional tire it is so. look on the tire...if it has an arrow for direction of rotation it's directional. many high performance tires are like this.

It's a Mercedes c300 sport sedan. I haven't rotated tires in the past, so I might just skip rotation.

It's a Mercedes c300 sport sedan. I haven't rotated tires in the past, so I might just skip rotation.

Ask the Dealer's Service Manager. Sounds like round-robin rotation is not in order.

Follow the manufacturer's directions out the window. No need to run afoul of any warranty that you have.