Homeless man uses 'God given voice' to escape poverty

link that shows this is a hoax? nothing on snopes, and even drudgereport and my local news channel have picked up the story.

If it's a hoax it's pretty widespread. This was reported on my local ESPN radio station earlier today. They mentioned that he had received offers from the Cleveland Cavs and other sports/business entities.

It is a hoax because the guy was a radio announcer for years, got fired for using drugs and became homeless.

How did years of drugs and alcohol not ruin it? That he announces his former radio station so much is odd. It just doesn't settle with me well. Good for the guy if he makes something of his life from this but why should we celebrate the fact that he turned his life around? Why wouldn't we celebrate someone who has made the right choices in life instead of turning to drugs and alcohol? Wait, he only did that because he was from the poor side of town, the man held him down, and we should celebrate that he beat the system.

What a joke.

It is a hoax because the guy was a radio announcer for years, got fired for using drugs and became homeless.

How did years of drugs and alcohol not ruin it? That he announces his former radio station so much is odd. It just doesn't settle with me well. Good for the guy if he makes something of his life from this but why should we celebrate the fact that he turned his life around? Why wouldn't we celebrate someone who has made the right choices in life instead of turning to drugs and alcohol? Wait, he only did that because he was from the poor side of town, the man held him down, and we should celebrate that he beat the system.

What a joke.

Never heard of the prodigal son, how about for whom the bell tolls by John Donne

"Each man's death diminishes me, For I am involved in mankind."

What a joke.

Ok, thanks for the lesson, Ebenezer.

By the way..."he was from the poor side of town, the man held him down"...is that something you actually heard him say or are you just projecting your own ****?

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

By the way..."he was from the poor side of town, the man held him down"...is that something you actually heard him say or are you just projecting your own ****?

Note to self: Lentils make you grumpy.

jboy has a pattern of trying to sound rational, but his true colors always come through! Keep 'em on the farm!

That said, I agree with jboy in some regards. I am not sure what the big, big, big deal is about this story. Guy worked in radio, had a good voice, got fired, became homeless, and is now trying to get his life back in order. Good for him, but I suspect that this story is kind of common.

btw- he was offered a job as a Cleveland Cavs PA announcer. I guess this will keep Cavs fans mind off losing LeBron!

jboy has a pattern of trying to sound rational, but his true colors always come through! Keep 'em on the farm!

That said, I agree with jboy in some regards. I am not sure what the big, big, big deal is about this story. Guy worked in radio, had a good voice, got fired, became homeless, and is now trying to get his life back in order. Good for him, but I suspect that this story is kind of common.

btw- he was offered a job as a Cleveland Cavs PA announcer. I guess this will keep Cavs fans mind off losing LeBron!

I think it's more about the manner in which he was rediscovered. People like the story because it sort of epitomizes what we like to think of as the American Dream...on your knees Monday and on top of the world Tuesday.

I think it's more about the manner in which he was rediscovered. People like the story because it sort of epitomizes what we like to think of as the American Dream...on your knees Monday and on top of the world Tuesday.

Right now "Internet sensation" stories are big news. This guy was discovered on YouTube being homeless and now because of the internet, his life will be better. It's the NEW American Dream. Using the Internet to make it big.

And the vast majority of the news is full of the typical "1 inch of snow coming, hide the women and children" or "crook politician" stories. Even if it isn't very important on the grand scale, it's good to see something positive get attention.

Someones not "clean and sober" as they've been claiming...

Golden-voiced Ohio homeless man headed to rehab

Williams' wife and family will also appear to discuss what they call his persistent drinking and a Monday disturbance at a Los Angeles hotel where police briefly detained Williams and his daughter after a heated argument. Williams was staying at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel & Spa while in town to tape several TV appearances. Police called the incident "minor" and said there were no signs of physical abuse. Family members said the dispute was over Williams resuming drinking.

Someones not "clean and sober" as they've been claiming...

Golden-voiced Ohio homeless man headed to rehab

Williams' wife and family will also appear to discuss what they call his persistent drinking and a Monday disturbance at a Los Angeles hotel where police briefly detained Williams and his daughter after a heated argument. Williams was staying at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel & Spa while in town to tape several TV appearances. Police called the incident "minor" and said there were no signs of physical abuse. Family members said the dispute was over Williams resuming drinking.

And people talked about this being a feel good story. God we're getting soft. If the guy had any will power he wouldn't be living on the street.

That homeless guy looks fimiliar, doesnt he?

http://www.mjmorning..._1294324512.jpg

:lol:

Please, do not tell me you listen to the MJ show? :RAGE:

And people talked about this being a feel good story. God we're getting soft. If the guy had any will power he wouldn't be living on the street.

That is why I was calling shanigans on it; the guy had a chance, failed, and is now homeless. It's not a feel good story, not by any means, it is an after school special.