Ok....let me ask this.....if Luck declares

I would trade all 8 of our draft picks this year and a few next year to Carolina for Luck if that’s what it took. But, I would prefer to play to our strengths. When was the last time the Bills got good value with a pick before the 4th round? Wood and Levitre are the only guys going back 10 years!!!

So, I would trade our 1, 2 and 3 this year, and our 1, 2, and 3 next year (obviously I wouldn’t give that all away if I didn’t need to) but in return, I would get Carolinas 4, 5, and 6 Along with the #1 overall.

So, that would leave us with 3x 4ths, 2x 5ths, 2x 6ths and our 7th along with Luck. That gives up 9 picks in this draft, and while they are late round picks, we have shown over the past decade that we get better players in those rounds than the first 3.

Also, a lot of posters are saying we cannot afford to trade up because we have so many holes – well Carolina has just as many holes, and are without a 2nd round pick. The same argument that you are using to say “no we shouldn’t trade up” is the same argument that Carolina may use to say “we need to trade down”. It’s a two way street.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Luck falls to #3 ok get him if not go D, last in the league against the run is no way to win a superbowl either.

All that said, I think Buddy will go with the BPA which could be a WR or CB and it will cause a bunch of heads around here to explode (but in actuality I don't have a big problem with it, especially if they are a bit aggressive in FA this year).

You don't have a problem with them taking a CB or WR in the first round.

You weren't paying attention this season.

I would prefer to see them not take a CB or a WR at all.

The Bills may also value more picks.

Assuming, for a moment, something that absolutely will not happen - Luck enters this year's draft - and you're Carolina: would YOU trade the #1 pick?

#1- i'll bet ya $10 bucks he comes out (i'm a big spender....lol)

#2- if "I" was Carolina, i would probably NOT trade the pick "IF" Luck comes out....but not everyone thinks the same way i do (yea yea...thank goodness)....it is possible Carolina might stick with Clausen and look for more picks.

Luck scares me, he looks kinda like ....Ryan Leaf

In what way, exactly? I'm trying to picture Ryan Leaf as a Stanford student and it's just not working.

By the way, for those of you who keep citing Brohm, Locker, etc as reasons why Luck should come out now, I have two words: Peyton Manning. If Luck is really all that, he'll be #1 next year, too.

Eh. I'd stay put and build a ridiculously good defense with draft picks and free agency. Andrew Luck, while an outstanding QB prospect, won't slow down the Jets rushing attack or sack Tom Brady.

I, for one, don't think Andrew Luck will declare for the NFL draft. There are more reasons for him to stay in California for another year.

Whats up with all the Mallet love? This guy couldnt get away from my grandmother let alone an NFL caliber pass rusher. Honestly, this guy has no pocket presence, plays in a simple system, and has just looked terrible at times at the collegate level. If the Bills take mallet at any point in this draft I may just have a heart attack!

I would give our #1, #4 and Spiller.

and, I assume, hope like hell Wilfork doesn't put his helmet to Luck's knee and end his career.

Moot point anyway, since Luck's staying st Stanford. Take Mallett at #3, and use the rest of the picks wisely to strengthen both lines.

and, I assume, hope like hell Wilfork doesn't put his helmet to Luck's knee and end his career.

Moot point anyway, since Luck's staying st Stanford. Take Mallett at #3, and use the rest of the picks wisely to strengthen both lines.

I say no to eitehr Luck or Mallet with #3 we cant stop the run or rush the passer and will not win in this league till we can

I say no to eitehr Luck or Mallet with #3 we cant stop the run or rush the passer and will not win in this league till we can

You are, or course, correct - and I won't be at all upset if the Bills eschew picking a QB in this draft (Mallett may not declare this year either, though he seems to be leaning toward coming out) and use all their early-round picks on linemen and LBs.

There's a new draft-darling QB every season, and next year will be no different.

Edited by The Senator

Draft picks are valuated. Look up those values and you can pretty much figure out what it would cost in terms of picks.

Swap 1sts this year, 2nd round this year, 1 round next year.

In a minute if Carolina would do that. Throw in a fourth to seal the deal. Let's see would you trade 2nd Levitre, 4th Easley,1st Whitner and 1st Maybin for Luck...............Of course you would.... Unknown picks seem so great until you take them.

Sadly, I just looked up the NFL trade chart values. For us to move up from #3 to #1, it would cost us our #3 (1st round), #35 (2nd round) and #67 (3rd round) in this years draft. Unfortunately, Luck is only a QB and not know for his linebacking skills. We have way too many pressing needs to roll the dice on someone who COULD be great. Don't dream, it's over. :cry:

This is the thinking has kept us out of the playoffs for so so long. We're talking reality whreas the dreamers..... How's the draft going at WR for instance Hardy vs. Nelson, Jones, Rossevelt and low pick johnson. Take Luck fill in holes later. We're already pathetic we need some future... which we don't have right now.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

In what way, exactly? I'm trying to picture Ryan Leaf as a Stanford student and it's just not working.

By the way, for those of you who keep citing Brohm, Locker, etc as reasons why Luck should come out now, I have two words: Peyton Manning. If Luck is really all that, he'll be #1 next year, too.

I think the issue with this situation is not whether he is the real deal and if he is, and he goes back for another year, then he'll go top 3 or even still #1. The issue for Luck is what if he doesn't repeat his performance or if he does suffer a devastating injury, then he will have in all likelyhood taken away an opportunity to set himself and his family up for life.

The risk to reward ratio seems to heavily favor him coming out now. JMHO! That being said I cannot imagine Luck falling to #3 even if Carolina or Denver don't want a QB, someone will offer something up for him, and I hope it is not the Bills. I would much rather see a trade down and pick up more picks, we have a lot of holes to fill! OLB, DE, TE and OL are our top priorities.

Luck scares me, he looks kinda like ....Ryan Leaf

If the status quo remains the same at OBD it won't matter who the Bills draft....anyone will be a gamble because this FO is clueless

Anyway, anything Luck does will mostly depend on if Harbaugh stays or leaves Stanford, JMO

Early nomination for worst post of the year.

The interesting thing to me is: What happens if Luck doesn't declare? Obviously that would place a higher premium on the next rung of QBs (Mallet, Newton, Locker). How early would the first of them go?

Assuming both Mallet and Newton declare (and I think they both will), I think they'll go in the order you named them - Mallett, Newton, then Locker. JMO.

Edited by The Senator

It would be worth it to trade away absolutely everything. Give Carolina any 5 of our players, and all of our draft picks this year.

Having an elite-level QB is worth any price. Ask the Colts and Patriots how easy it is to make the playoff with theirs, despite having marginal supporting casts year in and year out.