Farve in more hot water (update : Lawsuit settled)

bkc

Looks like Mr Farve is in more hot Water . this passage is interesting .

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=12531048

The suit alleges that the Jets' locker room and training camp are "a hot bed of sexual harassment, sexism and inappropriate behavior."

They describe the majority of the team's massage therapists as young women.

"I suspect that this case is only the tip of the iceberg with respect to the harassment and discrimination experienced by women working for NFL teams and their players as well as all of men's professional sports. I hope that Ms. Scavo's and Ms. O'Toole's courage to bring this suit will empower other women to come forward without fear of retaliation and retribution in order to protect their livelihoods and self-respect," Eilender said in a statement to ABC News.

The jets are a classy bunch

sorry in advance to stl bob

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Mr Farve is in more hot Water . this passage is interesting .

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gma-exclusive-brett-favre-sued-sexual-harassment-jets/story?id=12531048

The suit alleges that the Jets' locker room and training camp are "a hot bed of sexual harassment, sexism and inappropriate behavior."

They describe the majority of the team's massage therapists as young women.

"I suspect that this case is only the tip of the iceberg with respect to the harassment and discrimination experienced by women working for NFL teams and their players as well as all of men's professional sports. I hope that Ms. Scavo's and Ms. O'Toole's courage to bring this suit will empower other women to come forward without fear of retaliation and retribution in order to protect their livelihoods and self-respect," Eilender said in a statement to ABC News.

The jets are a classy bunch

sorry in advance to stl bob

My guess? - Gold Diggers

I've never been a big Favre fan but he has really proved to be a sleaze bag off the field. His "good 'ol boy" persona from Mississippi with his tight knit family is such a farce. He obviously has no respect for his wife (or marriage) and thinks it's his given right to get a piece of a$$ from anyone he desires.

Yes- there are plenty of other married athletes on other teams doing this but they don't have the media fawning all over them for 15+ years.

As for the Jets, I have no doubt that they are not the first team to use the wall blocking the gunner or treating female reporters like crap... but still, I hope they get killed by Indy or New England or whoever in the playoffs. They and their annoying coach don't deserve the ring.

Wasn't his wife fighting off breast cancer a couple of seasons ago?

I mean, how much of a total, John Edwards scumbag do you have to be to pull this crap?

She was diagnosed in 2004 and was supposedly making a complete recovery, last I heard.

This is the whole power thing (just ask Eliot Spitzer). Favre probably figured he could get away with anything. Because of his image and reputation of being a family man, I wouldn't doubt that he did this stuff and hid behind his reputation. Thus, the women would look like gold diggers.

Now that the Sterger thing came out, I'll bet he just settles out of court and pays the women something handsome to go away.

A team hires young (probably attractive) women to massage athletes and the athletes proposition them for sex.

I'm not seeing the "news" here.

If the team did not expect this to happen they would hire burly men.

My guess is that either these two girls were very naive and didn't understand the unwritten (for obvious reasons) job description going in, or they (their lawyer probably) understood perfectly and in the wake of the Sterger thing are now trying to get paid. Why else wait until now to complain?

I know a couple female massage therapists and they get propositioned almost daily to give "extras". They don't care for it because they consider themselves to be professionals and are a bit insulted when it happens. But they just say no and get on with life.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I've never been a big Favre fan but he has really proved to be a sleaze bag off the field. His "good 'ol boy" persona from Mississippi with his tight knit family is such a farce.

Everybody in Green Bay already knew he was a selfish, sleazy, self-absorbed jerk. But they didn't care, he's a great athlete.

A few years ago, the Packers played a preseason game in Buffalo. Late in the 4th quarter, a bunch of kids went down to the first row and were asking Favre to turn around so they could get a picture. Most of these kids were Packers fans, wearing Favre jerseys. He refused to turn around, and after a few minutes called his OL over to form a wall around him so that nobody could see him from the stands anymore. <_< This was a freak'n preseason game, and he wasn't helping his teammates or anything, he was just standing around joking. What a jerk.

A team hires young (probably attractive) women to massage athletes and the athletes proposition them for sex.

I'm not seeing the "news" here.

If the team did not expect this to happen they would hire burly men.

My guess is that either these two girls were very naive and didn't understand the unwritten (for obvious reasons) job description going in, or they (their lawyer probably) understood perfectly and in the wake of the Sterger thing are now trying to get paid. Why else wait until now to complain?

Bingo. That it's coming out 2 years later is the red flag. And Favre has been gone since mid-2009. If they were worth anything as massage therapists, or maybe if they weren't seen as more trouble than they're worth, they'd have been re-hired after he left, seeing as how he was the only player named in the suit.