Farve in more hot water (update : Lawsuit settled)

bkc

Bingo. That it's coming out 2 years later is the red flag. And Favre has been gone since mid-2009. If they were worth anything as massage therapists, or maybe if they weren't seen as more trouble than they're worth, they'd have been re-hired after he left, seeing as how he was the only player named in the suit.

I'm sure it said in writing that they had to massage every member of the Jets.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it said in writing that they had to massage every member of the Jets.

Who knew the Jets had a member whose member looked like this.

Good. I was never a fan and am happy to see him finally getting the recognition as a self absorbed a--hole that he deserves.

Word is he is not really a jerk. Evidently he feels bad about the whole thing. He was going to have one of his assistants issue an apology but recently he has been caught short staffed.

Looks like Mr Farve is in more hot Water . this passage is interesting .

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gma-exclusive-brett-favre-sued-sexual-harassment-jets/story?id=12531048

The suit alleges that the Jets' locker room and training camp are "a hot bed of sexual harassment, sexism and inappropriate behavior."

They describe the majority of the team's massage therapists as young women.

"I suspect that this case is only the tip of the iceberg with respect to the harassment and discrimination experienced by women working for NFL teams and their players as well as all of men's professional sports. I hope that Ms. Scavo's and Ms. O'Toole's courage to bring this suit will empower other women to come forward without fear of retaliation and retribution in order to protect their livelihoods and self-respect," Eilender said in a statement to ABC News.

The jets are a classy bunch

sorry in advance to stl bob

Ouch. That hurt bkc.

So Brett Favre is gettting sued for being, well uhm, Brett Favre.

I am sure these ladies are doing it to enhance women journalists all across the land. Two full years of pain and suffering to cash in on. Brett deserves it.

Word is he is not really a jerk. Evidently he feels bad about the whole thing. He was going to have one of his assistants issue an apology but recently he has been caught short staffed.

You know he only hires Canadians to work for him, right?

Three years later, these women are suddenly offended and hurt?

That was my thought too. The economy wasn't bad enough before, so now they are "telling all". I'm not justifying Favre's behavior, he has proven to be a classless jerk, but why did they wait three years?

Secondly, what was the Jets thinking, bringing in female massage therapists with horned up athletes? They just needed to hire some male massage therapists, and Favre would have still gotten his jollies and nobody would have said anything (most likely).

• 1 year later...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7875427/judge-dismiss-lawsuit-new-york-jets-brett-favre-texts

This should be interesting.

Manhattan Supreme Court judge in early April refused to dismiss a lawsuit filed against the New York Jets and Favre by two massage therapists.Christina Scavo and Shannon O'Toole contend they were subjected to sexual harassment and job discrimination. They are seeking unspecified damages from Favre, the Jets and a team massage coordinator.

They say they lost their part-time jobs with the Jets after complaining about sexually suggestive text messages from the veteran quarterback while he was with the team in 2008.

The Jets say the lawsuit is "completely without merit." They say they are looking forward to defending themselves in court. A message left with Favre's lawyer was not immediately returned.

.vote-module { margin: 10px;}

Part time jobs? How much could those jobs have been worth and how will they prove their loss of jobs was connected with the alleged harassment? Is it their contention they lost their jobs because they refused Favre's advances? Sounds like a difficult case to make. But, the Jets should try a settlement. Offer them $200,000. each. If they refuse, it's because this suit is about money and not about harassment.

These gals see an opportunity here to gain what they could not through hard work in my opinion. In this age, when women drop the F bomb as much as men, and stay up late watching Sex In The City, it's hard to imagine them as simple minded innocents who mistakenly look a job where they did not know they would meet testosterone driven young male studs, some with questionable morals or ethics.

Part time jobs? How much could those jobs have been worth and how will they prove their loss of jobs was connected with the alleged harassment? Is it their contention they lost their jobs because they refused Favre's advances? Sounds like a difficult case to make. But, the Jets should try a settlement. Offer them $200,000. each. If they refuse, it's because this suit is about money and not about harassment.

These gals see an opportunity here to gain what they could not through hard work in my opinion. In this age, when women drop the F bomb as much as men, and stay up late watching Sex In The City, it's hard to imagine them as simple minded innocents who mistakenly look a job where they did not know they would meet testosterone driven young male studs, some with questionable morals or ethics.

I would suspect if they have proof of this:

They say they lost their part-time jobs with the Jets after complaining about sexually suggestive text messages from the veteran quarterback while he was with the team in 2008.

Thats why the judge is moving this case forward. I remember when this all opened up, she said that she got a picture/text from Farve of his dick.

If they have text messages and photos, and if there was a pattern of harassment, I would not want to be defebdant. assuming Favredoesn't want to the pictures of his pecker going to through the internet again, and the Jets want to put this behind them, I suspect there will be a very good settlement prior to a trial.

If they have text messages and photos, and if there was a pattern of harassment, I would not want to be defebdant. assuming Favredoesn't want to the pictures of his pecker going to through the internet again, and the Jets want to put this behind them, I suspect there will be a very good settlement prior to a trial.

Lets assume Favre sent the pics. How are the Jets involved? Did these women get canned immediately after they complained about the pics. Could Jets management really be that stupid? Never mind. They traded for Tebow. Nuff said.