Seen enough of Brohm now?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's never fun trying to reason with a lynch mob. But somebody has to do it.

Yes, Brohm was not good today. (That's an understatement.) There were many factors that contributed to his poor play. But like you say, "no excuses". It doesn't hurt however, to take a look a the various reasons/factors/influences before writing the guy off.

Generally I find your comments very reasonable. I do think that, unless they are seeing much better work from Brohm in practice, enough that they have confidence he can come in and move the football if he has to, it would not surprise me a bit if they let him go in favor either of a rookie they want to school, or a reliable backup. He just looked out of his depth.

He was under a lot of pressure today, and you can perhaps explain some of his problems by that, but frankly, watching him his lack of pocket presence reminded me uncomfortably of Trent Edwards, and to a degree of J.P. Losman.

I trust the coaches to figure this out by May. If the Bills do draft a QB, I think he is definitely gone.

I couldn't help but think of how good Flynn looked against New England recently. I was hoping the difference between Flynn and Brohm was negligible and Brohm would have been produced 'something' on the field. I was wrong.

I too have seen enough. :ph34r:

Lets see how Flynn would look againts N.E. with two practice squaud recievers and a number one reciever who drops alot a balls. I wish we had the recievers that Green Bay has, we would had a couple more wins.

Edited by Hanoverbills

There are plenty of guys who get waived out of the league who NEVER get to start 2 games, or even 1, or EVER get any playing time. So why don't we bring in all the rejects & give them two starts and then keep the best one on the roster? This we have to see more garbage from the Brohm hanger ons is getting old. He sucked last year, he sucked in camp, he sucked this year. When will it sink in to the Brohm boys that he has NEVER led his team in any playing time to a TD? Even Levi Brown has done that in a lot less time.

Those impossible conditions you speak about will always be there-any time Brohm has to face an NFL caliber defense in a regular season game, he will always face impossible conditions.

It's time for Brohm to go back home & get a high school coaching job & get on with his life. Who knows, maybe in 5-10 years he can actually have a decent career as a coach, because he surely doesn't have a future as an NFL QB. He doesn't need one more second of time, he needs to get on with his life & start a productive career in coaching, or whatever field he's best suited for. I wish him luck in his next career, but as a ticket buying fan the only time I ever want to see him on an NFL field again is in an opponent's uniform, because with Brohm at QB, the opponent is always in good shape.

What are you talking about? Fitzpatrick was the QB in 5 of the 6 2009 wins. Perry Fewell & his teammates loved the guy, but you were in your Brohm haze & missed 2009.

As far as Brohm goes, it's way too LATE for the guy. If he's on the roster next year, it would mean the Bills have no NFL caliber backups behind Fitzpatrick. There's no rational reason for Brohm to get one more dollar of Ralph Wilson's money.

Funny how you site the wins, but not Fitzs performance in 2009. The mere fact that he was beat out by Trent should tell you that they hadnt seen enough out of him yet either. I knew you would chime in with some unintelligent post. The majority of your posts seem to just be factless, pointless, rants and your bases of your evaluations are comical at best.

So, let me ask you this, what was Fitz's QB rating in 2009? Let me help you, since facts alwasy seem to escape you. He completed only 55% of his passes, posted a dismal 69 QB rating, and threw more INT's than TD's (10 ints, 9 TD's), and he averaged a pathetic 142 yards per game. So, I know you have a man crush on Fitz, but LAST year he didnt show much. The TEAM rallied to win some games, but Fitz struggled. The offense had more life as he would at least try and get the ball down field compared to Trent, but he struggled quite a bit himself and had a poor enough season that the staff felt Trent was the guy to go with first this year.

As far as Brohm goes, you seem to be obsessed with him. You spend so much time bashing this guy that its hilarious. The people who wanted to see what he could do just simply wanted to see what he had to offer before making a judgement on him. You like to label those people "Brohm Boys" as if we think he is this great player or something. None of us make any claims, we just would rather judge him on the field, like any player, rather than in some blind uneducated hatred like you do. Its like he never answered your fan letter or something or nailed your girl or something.

Funny how you site the wins, but not Fitzs performance in 2009. The mere fact that he was beat out by Trent should tell you that they hadnt seen enough out of him yet either. I knew you would chime in with some unintelligent post. The majority of your posts seem to just be factless, pointless, rants and your bases of your evaluations are comical at best.

So, let me ask you this, what was Fitz's QB rating in 2009? Let me help you, since facts alwasy seem to escape you. He completed only 55% of his passes, posted a dismal 69 QB rating, and threw more INT's than TD's (10 ints, 9 TD's), and he averaged a pathetic 142 yards per game. So, I know you have a man crush on Fitz, but LAST year he didnt show much. The TEAM rallied to win some games, but Fitz struggled. The offense had more life as he would at least try and get the ball down field compared to Trent, but he struggled quite a bit himself and had a poor enough season that the staff felt Trent was the guy to go with first this year.

As far as Brohm goes, you seem to be obsessed with him. You spend so much time bashing this guy that its hilarious. The people who wanted to see what he could do just simply wanted to see what he had to offer before making a judgement on him. You like to label those people "Brohm Boys" as if we think he is this great player or something. None of us make any claims, we just would rather judge him on the field, like any player, rather than in some blind uneducated hatred like you do. Its like he never answered your fan letter or something or nailed your girl or something.

What I find strange is Brohm proved to be an aBrohmination on the field during a game yet strangely people still protect and make excuses for him.

If we don't draft a QB sign someone that was successful in Chan's system like Tyler Thigpen.

I can't understand what Brohm has shown to make anyone want him on the Bills roster in 2011. Besides the same contrarian crowd that wanted Frank Reich to start over Jim Kelly.

There are tons of available backup QBs on the market.