Cut List

DC Grid

The offseason starts today for the Bills. The mock drafts are already flowing and fights over who the Bills need to add via the draft and free agency have already begun. But before the Bills front office can go out filling holes and working to improve the team it has to first fully evaluate the roster it already has. Part of that process is cutting the dead weight and moving on. So who would you cut from the Bills who is under contract for 2011?

The first cut that came to my mind was Stroud. Simply put, this guys appears done. I would love it if the Bills took the non-gaurenteed money they are scheduled to pay him next year and try to get a better DE for the 3-4 or add it to a pile of cash and throw it at a true NT like Solari.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The offseason starts today for the Bills. The mock drafts are already flowing and fights over who the Bills need to add via the draft and free agency have already begun. But before the Bills front office can go out filling holes and working to improve the team it has to first fully evaluate the roster it already has. Part of that process is cutting the dead weight and moving on. So who would you cut from the Bills who is under contract for 2011?

The first cut that came to my mind was Stroud. Simply put, this guys appears done. I would love it if the Bills took the non-gaurenteed money they are scheduled to pay him next year and try to get a better DE for the 3-4 or add it to a pile of cash and throw it at a true NT like Solari.

Stroud, McCargo, Kelsey, & Maybin come to mind for me :thumbsup:

Maybin, Stroud,Ayodele, and McCargo are done.

I wouldnt count out Ayodele just yet. He's racked up some tackle #'s, and had time to learn the system. (wait- do we have a system?)

I imagine he'd be a cheap re-sign and viewed as backup or interim starter if we draft an ILB. He's not great, but more productive than maybin, stroud, mccargo.

Lee Evans is making 8 and a half mil next year. That's too much, in my opinion. While, I wouldn't cut him, I say we trade him to a contending team. That money would be better spent in the trenches.

Could be wrong, but I think he is scheduled to make a little over 4 million next season. That's pretty good value for a receiver like Lee Evans. I am in favor of trading him, however, if we could get decent compensation for him.

Lee Evans is making 8 and a half mil next year. That's too much, in my opinion. While, I wouldn't cut him, I say we trade him to a contending team. That money would be better spent in the trenches.

according to rotoworld, Evans salary 2011-2012: $3.025 million (+ $1 million roster bonuses)

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=26

Edited by dgrid

Maybin, Stroud,Ayodele, and McCargo are done.

I know I'm probably wrong, but I just don't want to see them cut Maybin. I know there is about a 99% chance he will remain a total bust, but for that 1% I'd keep him. Give him one more year to make it at OLB, or at least give him the preseason. But I have no problem handing McCargo and Stroud their walking papers this afternoon.

I can say after watching yesterday, Byrd needs to correct his approach or be gone. I know the dude got a pick six, but 2 times yesterday he had terrible angles on the deep balls. He is playing all deep passes like they are overthrown and he is going to make the catch. I am not sure if the coaching has changed him or what, but the guy does not meet the receiver, it is like he was told don't let anybody past you but he didn't understand it.

At least when you complained about a safety, like Kelso at the end of his career, he was late, but made the tackle. Byrd is on time, but in the wrong place going for the ball and can't recover for the tackle.

Maybe cutting him is too drastic, but some how wake him up!

I can say after watching yesterday, Byrd needs to correct his approach or be gone. I know the dude got a pick six, but 2 times yesterday he had terrible angles on the deep balls. He is playing all deep passes like they are overthrown and he is going to make the catch. I am not sure if the coaching has changed him or what, but the guy does not meet the receiver, it is like he was told don't let anybody past you but he didn't understand it.

At least when you complained about a safety, like Kelso at the end of his career, he was late, but made the tackle. Byrd is on time, but in the wrong place going for the ball and can't recover for the tackle.

Maybe cutting him is too drastic, but some how wake him up!

Byrd looks for picks and doesnt play his man. hes been doing it all year and yesterday was just another example of it

Cut List

Stroud

Maybin

McCargo

Green ( The RT )

Meridith

Then In FA I pick up a Stud LB and Tight end, and a couple depth players.

In Draft I go

1st pick Hopefully trade down and get an additional 3rd.

1st- DE

2nd - LB

3rd - LB

3rd - Offensive Tackle

4th - DE

4th - DT

5th - Offensive Tackle

6th - DT

7th - Best Avaliable

Byrd looks for picks and doesnt play his man. hes been doing it all year and yesterday was just another example of it

Yeah - I believe most of his picks last year were on overthrown and tipped passes and he's now playing for an overthrow or tip instead of the receiver.

Stroud, McCargo, Kelsey, & Maybin come to mind for me :thumbsup:

While I've bashed Kelsay numerous times over the years, he's a far better player at DE than he was in experiment to have him play OLB. Overpaid? Maybe, but not one to be cut unless half the roster or more is let go, and that would be capitulation.

Edited by Spiderweb

While I've bashed Kelsay numerous times over the years, he's a far better player at DE than he was in experiment to have him play OLB. Overpaid? Maybe, but not one to be cut unless half the roster or more is let go, and that would be capitulation.

Kelsey was a horrible 3-4 OLB, and was only an average 4-3 DE (let's be honest). He's a good locker room guy, but that alone will not help us to improve the league's worst rush defense. If we stick with the 3-4 defense, he has no place being on this team.

If I'm not mistaken, his huge contract did not include a lot of guaranteed money (around 2 million I believe), so cutting him would not be a financial disaster for the Bills.

Kelsey was a horrible 3-4 OLB, and was only an average 4-3 DE (let's be honest). He's a good locker room guy, but that alone will not help us to improve the league's worst rush defense. If we stick with the 3-4 defense, he has no place being on this team.

If I'm not mistaken, his huge contract did not include a lot of guaranteed money (around 2 million I believe), so cutting him would not be a financial disaster for the Bills.

he can be a nickel DE, and maybe not even starting there. but that's about it

Edited by dgrid