Luck, Bowers or Fairley

Magox

Andrew Luck, Daquan Bowers and Nick Fairley

All three of these guys by my estimations are sure fire blue chip players who will all make a positive impact for their teams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9ye6OoWA4g

67 tackles and 16 sacks in 2010 DE

Fairley

55 tackles and 11 sacks in 2010 as a DT

and Luck, well he doesn't need a highlight video, we know he's solid

We can't lose with either one of them, if we don't pick any of these three, I will :censored::censored::censored:

Sounds like smart conventional wisdom. When was the last time the Bills did the obviously smart thing with a first round pick?

Antoine Winfield and Rueben Brown are two of the rare first round obvious picks which worked out for us

Take a good look at Cameron Newton in the national championship game and watch how he throws the ball. Try not to compare him with other "scrambling" quarterbacks, and just watch. I'm going to. I'm not saying that I'm on crusade to draft him, but I'm keeping an open mind because I truly feel that having an elite-level quarterback is almost exclusively what makes the perennial championship contenders true contenders. And sadly, I think Luck is off limits.

Take a good look at Cameron Newton in the national championship game and watch how he throws the ball. Try not to compare him with other "scrambling" quarterbacks, and just watch. I'm going to. I'm not saying that I'm on crusade to draft him, but I'm keeping an open mind because I truly feel that having an elite-level quarterback is almost exclusively what makes the perennial championship contenders true contenders. And sadly, I think Luck is off limits.

I don't get all the love for Luck. Dude plays in a PAC-10 that has NO threat from USC. And he's a sophomore.

If Buffalo isn't interested in Newton, I think they'll be a team willing to trade up for him. Arizona, San Francisco, and Minnesota all come to mind. With Merriman on board, I think the first pick looks to be an End. Dareus is the guy I'm looking at. The Patriots have had pretty good luck with going D-line early (Wilfork and Seymour).

There are a some assumptions that are being made that may or may not hold up.

1) Will Luck declare?

2) If luck declares, who is to say that Carolina will or will not pass on him? They drafted Claussen in round two. Also, Richardson is a cheapo.

3) If Carolina does pass on Luck, who's to say Denver won't jump on him? Hey, Elway supposedly has some input and he is a Stanford guy. Does anyone really believe Tebow is an NFL QB?

No matter who the Bills select at #3, what are reasonable expectations of that player? Hey, the last 3 1st pick of the Bills only get on the field if someone gets injured, if then.

If you plug the Bills 1st pick in as a starter right away, who gets moved to the curb?

I agree I would be happy with them too. However, if nix is serious about getting someone with a long track record of success, neither bowers or fairley would be that guy. I think Dareus has had success for longer. Maybe he's the one?

I'm not big on Bowers, I think I'd definitely rather have Dareus over Bowers.

Bowers is going to be a special kind of bust with all of the hype he's getting. The kid was the #1 player coming out of high school. Went through the motions for his first couple of years at Clemson. Had 1 breakout year and now everyone thinks he's going to be some elite pass rusher in the NFL. He doesn't look overly explosive. Doesn't look to have an arsenal of pass rushing moves.

Am I missing something here? This kid looks very raw still.

Bowers, Williams, Moats and Carrington has potential to be dominant. Add a couple capable LBers and defense could be a strength

Just what did you see in Moats and Carrington to predict dominance? Even Kyle Williams, while a very good player, is not dominant.

any particular reason why you are leaving Darious off your list? Beast of a player that has actually played in a 3-4 defense

Agreed....Dareus seems to be the best prospect of the three players. I was sold after watching the bowl game against Michigan State. I suspect, if he declares for the draft, that he will be the Bill's pick at #3. That is of course if we don't trade down a few spots. I would be in favor of this as well. We could stockpile some early draft picks, and still draft an impact defensive player.

any particular reason why you are leaving Darious off your list? Beast of a player that has actually played in a 3-4 defense

Because I don't consider him to be one of the top three prospects that the Bills need.