Consider yourself lucky that you're not a Raiders Fan

sullim4

6-0 in the division and yet they don't make the playoffs.

Imagine the uproar here if this team went 6-0 in the division and yet didn't make the playoffs. It would make the Dallas and Patriots* MNF aftermaths look like child's play!

Even with undead Al steering the ship, Oakland is a better franchise than Buffalo is right now. Certainly not by much, but winning 7 games is more than Buffalo will be able to muster without a serious investment on both sides of the ball and in coaches.

Even with undead Al steering the ship, Oakland is a better franchise than Buffalo is right now. Certainly not by much, but winning 7 games is more than Buffalo will be able to muster without a serious investment on both sides of the ball and in coaches.

I'll agree that the Raiders seem like they have a lot more talent on their roster.

But we weren't all that far from winning 8 games this year, if you consider the four close losses we had to playoff teams (and I know we also weren't far from winning zero games). I don't think it's a stretch to think that with a good off-season, we could be in the hunt next year.

6-0 in the division and yet they don't make the playoffs.

Imagine the uproar here if this team went 6-0 in the division and yet didn't make the playoffs. It would make the Dallas and Patriots* MNF aftermaths look like child's play!

actually if we only won 6 and all in the division I would feel better but two terrible losses to Ject and Cheaters is eating at me

I doubt that has ever happened in NFL history. Going perfect in division and missing the playoffs.

I heard on the radio that the Patriots did it when they lost Brady for the season, won 11 games, and didn't make the playoffs. I thought they lost to Miami and the Wildcat that year. Indeed they lost to both Miami and NY Jets. Maybe it was a different Patriots team they were talking about.

Yet, it appears, undead Al is about to make another mistake...he just can't stay out of his own way:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5981629

Yes, but they won't have a winning record. (of course they won't have a losing record either)

i dont think you originally referenced teams making the playoffs without having a 'winning record'….i dont really have a problem with a team making the playoffs with either a .500 or a losing record for that matter. a few years ago, all you heard from every talking head was how the cardinals were the worst team to ever make the playoffs. well, the won the nfc and performed exceptionally well in the superbowl. people get worked up over nothing.

Are you kidding? I'd take that in a second over being the perennial division doormat. The Raiders have a lot more reason for optimism right now than the Bills.

You are correct!

The Raiders are respectable, the Bills are a joke. The Raiders have some problems, but they actually have some talent. The Bills have Maybin and McCargo and a lot of mediocre talent from the players to the coaches to the management.

I'll agree that the Raiders seem like they have a lot more talent on their roster.

But we weren't all that far from winning 8 games this year, if you consider the four close losses we had to playoff teams (and I know we also weren't far from winning zero games). I don't think it's a stretch to think that with a good off-season, we could be in the hunt next year.

Every year I keep making bets with guys who think like you and every year I win the bet. Ka-ching!