How 'bout some Roy E. Williams in town?

BoozeCruise

Hey One Bills gang, how do ya feel about Roy Williams. I'm thinking it would be nice not having to draft a wideout. Roy is almost definitely getting cut and he'd bring us a big target for not too bad a price tag. I think he can still be a big time wideout in the right system. He was a beast in Detroit and I'd like to see some of that jump ball game in Orchard Park. Ya can't throw to a buncha 5'10" guys all day. I don't think we can depend on Easley being that guy. Set down the moonshine and banjo Nixxy Boy and grab that rotary telephone.

Williams wouldn't be a bad option, but I think that David Nelson has already shown that he's going to be the guy to fill that role on this team. We can only hope that Easley will bring something to the table as well. The only way we get any other receiver is if Evans is let go and I think that largely will depend on what we do in FA. Williams will be signed by someone else like San Francisco, Tennessee, Chicago, or Washington by the time we figure out what we will do.

Hey One Bills gang, how do ya feel about Roy Williams. I'm thinking it would be nice not having to draft a wideout. Roy is almost definitely getting cut and he'd bring us a big target for not too bad a price tag. I think he can still be a big time wideout in the right system. He was a beast in Detroit and I'd like to see some of that jump ball game in Orchard Park. Ya can't throw to a buncha 5'10" guys all day. I don't think we can depend on Easley being that guy. Set down the moonshine and banjo Nixxy Boy and grab that rotary telephone.

"A buncha 5'10" guys?" The only guys who are sub-6' at WR for the Bills are Evans and Parrish, and Evans is a shade under 5'11" while Parrish is a slot receiver where height isn't necessary (and he's only under contract for another year). Johnson is 6'2". Easley is 6'3". Nelson is 6'5". And Roosevelt and Jones are a shade over 6'. Moreover they're all young and look to have promise, whereas Williams is close to 30 and has shown that his 1 good year was a fluke.

good to see we found our arguement in fact and research. current recievers, we can include practice squad for sh*ts and giggles

Paul Hubbard 6'2

Steve Johnson 6'2

Donald Jones 6'0

David Nelson 6'5

Naaman Roosevelt 6'0

IR

Lee Evens 5'10

Roscoe Parrish 5'9

Marcus Easley 6'2

Huggins Felton 6'2

Practice Squad

Bobby Willaims 6'2

Rod Windsor 6'2

We used to have a problem with height on the field. That doesnt really exist for use anymore. That is one thing Nix has always liked, Tall reciecers. Its clear that that has been resolved. This is most likely one of the key factors on why we have been doing so much better in the redzone this year. Maybe you can create another topic where you just make things up, or bring up an issue unfounded in truth so that we can try and bring in a player you have heard of.

Edited by Mango

I'd be okay with it if he's willing to mentor the young guys

When has he proven he can do this? This is not a criticism of the OP but when you recommend a player do you watch a lot of football? I don't see how Williams helps this team at all.

good to see we found our arguement in fact and research. current recievers, we can include practice squad for sh*ts and giggles

Paul Hubbard 6'2

Steve Johnson 6'2

Donald Jones 6'0

David Nelson 6'5

Naaman Roosevelt 6'0

Mansfield Wrotto 6'3

IR

Lee Evens 5'10

Roscoe Parrish 5'9

Marcus Easley 6'2

Huggins Felton 6'2

Practice Squad

Bobby Willaims 6'2

Rod Windsor 6'2

We used to have a problem with height on the field. That doesnt really exist for use anymore. That is one thing Nix has always liked, Tall reciecers. Its clear that that has been resolved. This is most likely one of the key factors on why we have been doing so much better in the redzone this year. Maybe you can create another topic where you just make things up, or bring up an issue unfounded in truth so that we can try and bring in a player you have heard of.

Wrotto?

Three years ago I would have had a boner over the thought of Roy Williams in Buffalo. He showed a ton of promise on some bad Lion teams, but he's been a huge disappointment in Dallas to the point that they drafted Bryant to replace him.

Plus, he comes with the usual 'me-first' WR attitude and will whine about being underpaid no matter how much someone gives him.

Let's spend the money on the defense.

We have good receivers. But it was clear from the game against the Pats that we lack great ones. How may drops did we have? Still, I would like Roy Williams. He's big and physical and we wouldn't have to waste a draft pick when we need so much defense.

More than HALF of our receivers were hurt bro!

And they'll all still be hurt next September?

What the hell are you talking about? No, they won't all be hurt in September.

The guy said after watching the Pats game it's clear we have good receivers but not great ones and I countered with "A lot of our receivers were hurt in that game, how could you make that evaluation." No Roscoe. No Lee. No Nelson. No Easley (not that he counts). and so forth..

I think signing Roy Williams is a horrible idea.

We have good receivers. But it was clear from the game against the Pats that we lack great ones. How may drops did we have? Still, I would like Roy Williams. He's big and physical and we wouldn't have to waste a draft pick when we need so much defense.

How many great receivers do the pats have?

We don't need another WR.

What the hell are you talking about? No, they won't all be hurt in September.

The guy said after watching the Pats game it's clear we have good receivers but not great ones and I countered with "A lot of our receivers were hurt in that game, how could you make that evaluation." No Roscoe. No Lee. No Nelson. No Easley (not that he counts). and so forth..

I think signing Roy Williams is a horrible idea.

Ahh...I misread the guy's post you were responding to. Completely agree with you. WR is far down the list of areas to worry about for this team.