Buffalo is a ghost town - the worst city ever...

BLZFAN4LIFE

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I bag on Buffalo all the time but I lived in Etem's hometown (Long Beach) for almost as many years as I lived in WNY and I'm here to tell you LB is a pretty nice city but even LB is a ghost town on Christmas. The kid is 18, who gives a **** what he says.

What a stupid POS Etem must be. He probably based his observations on the couple of blocks near his hotel.

Buffalo isn't the most exciting city in the world, but a "ghost town". Gimme a break. He should go to Niagara Falls, NY if he wants to see a ghost town.

True, Long Beach, CA is nicer than downtown Buffalo in late December - and, as a beach town, probably more active (at least near the ocean) - but what exactly was this knucklehead expecting on Monday nite, and right after X-mas??? I don't think he'd find too much going on in any city.

I'm sure he'll hear it from the fans when he takes the ice. (Looks like he already is, as he deleted the offending ' tweet ')

Edited by The Senator

True, Long Beach, CA is nicer than downtown Buffalo in late December - and, as a beach town, probably more active (at least near the ocean) - but what exactly was this knucklehead expecting on Monday nite, and right after X-mas??? I don't think he'd find too much going on in any city.

I'm sure he'll hear it from the fans when he takes the ice. (Looks like he already is, as he deleted the offending ' tweet ')

Dude deleted it? Ok he is now the world's biggest kitty hockey player.

Ok, I officially hate the profanity filter. Kitty?!?!?!? Aren't we all adults here?

Edited by Chef Jim

A hockey player of his caliber comes from Long Beach? How'd that happen?

Hockey's been huge in soCal for a long time. Remember that guy named Gretzky that played there for a bit? That team the Ducks that have raised the cup...something that's never happened in WNY?

Those shipping ports are really things of beauty!

Hockey's been huge in soCal for a long time. Remember that guy named Gretzky that played there for a bit? That team the Ducks that have raised the cup...something that's never happened in WNY?

Per this, there is one active NHL player from SoCal. Out of a population about 25X that of WNY. How many NHLers from WNY? Huge??:

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=64481

'Cause everyone know the busiest day of teh year to party is the day after Christmas, (which happened to be a sunday which made it 2x as bad. He'll be here for New Years. That should change his mind.

Per this, there is one active NHL player from SoCal. Out of a population about 25X that of WNY. How many NHLers from WNY? Huge??:

http://ducks.nhl.com...ge.htm?id=64481

Just because they don't tons of player that make it to the NHL doesn't mean it's not big. Maybe the better way to put it is that the popularity of hockey in soCal has grown considerably in the past 20 years.

Cause the only people that live in SoCal are Mexican? Is what you're saying?

You're forgetting about the large wealthy population there as well. And Hockey is a money sport.

Well that and he forgot the fact that there is no place in soCal where 89,000 people can watch a hockey game. :wallbash: