No way this team gets better anytime soon

HelloNewman

I am so sick of the Ralph won't spend any money argument . A few years ago when Levy took over he dumped about 100 million in one day. What great free agents have left in the last few years. Nate Clements ? nobody would have matched that contract. I would say Greer was the best player to leave but we were pretty deep at the position. If this team ever gets that talent level up then we will see if he is willing to keep players. There is no way to measure the damage Dick Jauron has done to this team. 4 years of draft and aquiring players to fit his outdated defensive system.

Cleary we have a different group in place . For the first time I feel as though the people Buddy/Haley making the decisions will make the right ones most of the time . NOBODY IS PERFECT. Take a look at the some of the PATS drafts . The quaterback and the system cover alot of personal sins.

Well said .... the league today is about coaching, solid line play and quartebacks. If you are good in all three areas the rest of the team will look better. Where would the Patsies* be without Brady? His play has elevated the fortunes of the entire team.

Take a look at what Peppers has done for the Bears. And Dansby has been unstoppable for the Dolphins. Who do I think could make a similar difference for the Bills? David Harris. Will we go after him? Of course not.

unstoppable ona 7 win team that just lost tot Cinn, Det and Buffalo . Peppers was not coming here last year.

Edited by bkc

unstoppable ona 7 win team that just lost tot Cinn, Det and Buffalo . Peppers was not coming here last year.

You can try explaining it all away, but the more you do, the more you lump yourself in with the rest of the Kool Aid Drinking OBD Defenders who get what they deserve from this franchise.

And by the way, your explanations are circular. So teams with poor records shouldn't go after free agents? And teams who have trouble landing high profile free agents shouldn't go after them?

Let's just keep "building through the draft" and saving Ralph some money, it seems to be working so well.

Is there a way to post a link to the last 60 years of Bills football?

Edited by Coach Tuesday

I would be very interested in how the three dominate teams in the AFC rarley chase free agents and in fact even let high priced veterns leave

The Bills are not one of the elite teams and have far less talent than those teams, so doing exactly as the elite teams do should get them where exactly?

There is a solid argument to be had that the Bills are a bad football team and that to become a good team they need to aggressively pursue every possible opportunity in a timely process to become a better football team and not get too caught up in conservativeness or, worse, vain posturing.

- Obviously twisted logic. The Bears are division champions and the Jets are playoff bound for the second straight season. The fact that they were both thrashed by the Pats has no bearing on the pitiful state of this franchise.

Pass the koolaid.

Ha ha. You can tell we just lost a game. I'm just pointing out that two very good teams git the same treatment at the hands of the Pats. Not that has any bearing on the wailing and gnashing of teeth that goes on after a Bills loss. Oh woe is us. Oh we are the worst. Oh we will never get better. Whhaaa whhaaa whhaaa.

Here's an idea. Why doesn't everyone who hates the Bills so much find a new team to follow? If the Bills ever get good again you can always climb back on the band wagon. Save yourself all the heartache because its obvious we will never be good enough for you.

PTR

I don't agree with the premise. Ralph spends plenty. The problem is the guys he's put in place spend the money on the wrong players. Dockery and a pair of lousy ex-Raiders linemen come immediately to mind.

Their last move to bolster the team occurred 4 years ago in March. Since then, the big moves were signing TO on a 1 year deal, trading for Stroud, and signing some guys who are either A) Not with the team (K. Mitchell) or B) there and not more than average players (Hangartner, Fitzpatrick).

We Bills fans have the worst of both worlds: a bad college scouting staff and a pro personnel department with a small budget. No wonder the franchise has been wandering in the wilderness for 11 long seasons. If there's no commitment to change, then there's no commitment. Of course, they could be saving up to pay that hopefully top 3 pick who'll get big dollars. And I can't wait to see Overdorf negotiate that contract.

Best teams in football

in no order

Pats

Colts

Steelers

Ravens

Phila

Ggreen bay

S.d

kc

Jets ugh

Atlanta

just wondering were you see a team that was built in anyway but the Draft .

Even the Jets Mangold, Bbrick,Revis,Harris ,Sanchez all draft picks

Free agency is a suckers play in the NFL\\

The one thing they all have is good to outstanding qb play

Ha ha. You can tell we just lost a game. I'm just pointing out that two very good teams git the same treatment at the hands of the Pats. Not that has any bearing on the wailing and gnashing of teeth that goes on after a Bills loss. Oh woe is us. Oh we are the worst. Oh we will never get better. Whhaaa whhaaa whhaaa.

Here's an idea. Why doesn't everyone who hates the Bills so much find a new team to follow? If the Bills ever get good again you can always climb back on the band wagon. Save yourself all the heartache because its obvious we will never be good enough for you.

PTR

So typical.

Their last move to bolster the team occurred 4 years ago in March. Since then, the big moves were signing TO on a 1 year deal, trading for Stroud, and signing some guys who are either A) Not with the team (K. Mitchell) or B) there and not more than average players (Hangartner, Fitzpatrick).

We Bills fans have the worst of both worlds: a bad college scouting staff and a pro personnel department with a small budget. No wonder the franchise has been wandering in the wilderness for 11 long seasons. If there's no commitment to change, then there's no commitment. Of course, they could be saving up to pay that hopefully top 3 pick who'll get big dollars. And I can't wait to see Overdorf negotiate that contract.

This I agree with 100%

Anyone who thinks this team is gonna be heavy in the free agent market is kidding themselves......brining in Nix (which i still do not consider a bad thing) solidifies that for me.....we are going to be a team that biulds through the draft

And you start doing that by being BAD ENOUGH that you get a decent selection......enter in the possibility of a number 2 overall pick

My only hope is that they identify a COUPLE of quality free agents and push hard for them....I dont care if we overpay......a quality Tight End is an absolute must for this team....and to me yesterday put it on display.

PTR

not only that but I guess the Browns will be given the "rare" seventh playoff teams slot - just for beating New England. Seriously people are we close to NE - not right now. Are we close to a playoff spot for 2011 - yep.

Best teams in football

in no order

Pats

Colts

Steelers

Ravens

Phila

Ggreen bay

S.d

kc

Jets ugh

Atlanta

just wondering were you see a team that was built in anyway but the Draft .

Even the Jets Mangold, Bbrick,Revis,Harris ,Sanchez all draft picks

Free agency is a suckers play in the NFL\\

The one thing they all have is good to outstanding qb play

[/quote

Live in chiefs country everyone hates Cassel...SD is a good team? The big bad packers and their nine wins along with the Colts - eeeww scary and the steelers and ravens records look okay thanks to the lousy browns and bengals thanks for the 4 wins fellas

I am so sick of the Ralph won't spend any money argument . A few years ago when Levy took over he dumped about 100 million in one day. What great free agents have left in the last few years. Nate Clements ? nobody would have matched that contract. I would say Greer was the best player to leave but we were pretty deep at the position. If this team ever gets that talent level up then we will see if he is willing to keep players. There is no way to measure the damage Dick Jauron has done to this team. 4 years of draft and aquiring players to fit his outdated defensive system.

Cleary we have a different group in place . For the first time I feel as though the people Buddy/Haley making the decisions will make the right ones most of the time . NOBODY IS PERFECT. Take a look at the some of the PATS drafts . The quaterback and the system cover alot of personal sins.

How about Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield, and Jonas Jennings?

Well said .... the league today is about coaching, solid line play and quartebacks. If you are good in all three areas the rest of the team will look better. Where would the Patsies* be without Brady? His play has elevated the fortunes of the entire team.

Are you kidding? The Pats rolled us both games the year Brady was out with a knee injury and they did it with Matt Cassel playing under center.

PTR

Lame comeback

all I have are the Rumblings , that said Lanston Walkers release is what your hanging your hat on.

I would be very interested in how the three dominate teams in the AFC rarley chase free agents and in fact even let high priced veterns leave

The Pats don't let high priced free agents leave, they trade them! How else do you think they've got two 1st, two 2nd, two 3rd, and two 4th round picks in next April's draft?

Take a look at what Peppers has done for the Bears. And Dansby has been unstoppable for the Dolphins. Who do I think could make a similar difference for the Bills? David Harris. Will we go after him? Of course not.

Come on Coach. You're going to use single players as an example for a team's turnaround?

Yes, Julius Peppers has helped the Bears defense, but for that matter so has Mike Martz as the OC. There is no question that Martz's system has gotten better play out of Jay Cutler and has produced more points for the Bears' offense. Also, there is no way that Peppers would have played for the Bills.

As for Karlos Dansby, he is an exceptional LB, no question. His impact on the Dolphins defense has been tremendous, yet when you look at the Dolphins as a team, they are not that much different from last season.

From what I can tell, the Bills tend to have middle of the road roster expenses. Not the most expensive, not the cheapest.

I think it has to do with who we draft, who we pick up in FA and who our coaches are.

Basically, we don't have a failure at the wallet level, but a failure at who we spend money on.

PTR

its a love hate relationship.

From what I can tell, the Bills tend to have middle of the road roster expenses. Not the most expensive, not the cheapest.

I think it has to do with who we draft, who we pick up in FA and who our coaches are.

Basically, we don't have a failure at the wallet level, but a failure at who we spend money on.

nicely put. i agree.

EXCEPT for the fact that ralph is cheap and eats cup o noodles everyday.

PTR

who is we? you and the guys that have 10,000 posts?

or the buffalo bills?

Sorry if you're sick of the truth. But the reason why we have not lost any stars to free agency recently is because we have no stars. The facts are that we have a staff that are bargain basement investments and that has been the case for years. It is the primary reason why the team is not a contender. Also, check out the team expenditures this year. Wilson's payouts are hovering near the league minimum. It is what it is.

its a love hate relationship.

I also think it has to do with the fact they fall in love with their own draftboard. They think they have the best draftboard around and crow to the media about how good of a pick they just made. Then training camp starts and reality sets in. I truly believe the Maybin pick was a pure Jauron pick....the front office asked what he wanted and he told them Aaron Maybin...we all know what happens afterward.

How Tom Modrak is still around is beyond me. I remember reading somewhere that he does all his scouting by looking at videotape out of his home in Florida. What kind of scouting is that? This is why we are the laughingstock of the NFL and we draft John McCargo and Maybin and we pass on Clay Matthews and other impact players.

I also think it has to do with the fact they fall in love with their own draftboard. They think they have the best draftboard around and crow to the media about how good of a pick they just made. Then training camp starts and reality sets in. I truly believe the Maybin pick was a pure Jauron pick....the front office asked what he wanted and he told them Aaron Maybin...we all know what happens afterward.

How Tom Modrak is still around is beyond me. I remember reading somewhere that he does all his scouting by looking at videotape out of his home in Florida. What kind of scouting is that? This is why we are the laughingstock of the NFL and we draft John McCargo and Maybin and we pass on Clay Matthews and other impact players.

i thought the bills were comedians? oh you mean on the field. YES. people laugh. actually i like to slow mo when the other players laugh at the bills. its quite funny.