1st round QB

bisonbrigade

If you are in the group who want to draft a QB with the first round pick get used to this last game and this season. It will mean at least 3 more loosing crap seasons. It will be a couple of years before a rookie QB comes close to being good. Sure Fitz shot the bed today. But look at the season he had. Look how pathic the front seven on defense is. What the Bills need is a team to build around Fitz, not a another QB. No pressure at all on Brady. Could'nt stop the run. I say draft nothing but front seven defense player, and maybe an Offensive tackle. Draft this. If your serious about the 3-4 defense you need LB's.

1. Da'Quan Bowers DE, Clemson.

2. Gabe Carimi OT, Wisconsin

3. Jeremy Beal OLB, Oklahoma

4. Jonathan Cornell ILB, Mississippi

4b. Mike McNeill TE, Nebraska

5. Kheeston Randall NT, Texas

6. Cliff Matthews OLB, South Carolina

7. Alex Wujciak ILB, Maryland

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are in the group who want to draft a QB with the first round pick get used to this last game and this season. It will mean at least 3 more loosing crap seasons. It will be a couple of years before a rookie QB comes close to being good. Sure Fitz shot the bed today. But look at the season he had. Look how pathic the front seven on defense is. What the Bills need is a team to build around Fitz, not a another QB. No pressure at all on Brady. Could'nt stop the run. I say draft nothing but front seven defense player, and maybe an Offensive tackle. Draft this. If your serious about the 3-4 defense you need LB's.

Oooh, a Carimi fan! I'd love to see him in a Bills uniform.

I'm a little down on Clemson players right now (unfair of me?)

Bowers will fit in nicely with our other "build the front 7" top picks Maybin, Troup and Carrington.

Bowers will fit in nicely with our other "build the front 7" top picks Maybin, Troup and Carrington.

The fact you lump Carrington and Troup in with Maybin just confirms the fact that you really have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to football. Unless it's defending your beloved patsies*.

If it's true that Luck isn't leaving Stanford, then there probably won't be a QB worth taking in round 1 if Mallett is gone. I'm not necessarily on Mallett's bandwagon, but if he's there, it would be a tough decision.

Nevertheless, I agree with bison - build the defense. Get someone who can either pressure the QB or stuff the run. Listening to that disaster yesterday was frustrating.

The fact you lump Carrington and Troup in with Maybin just confirms the fact that you really have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to football. Unless it's defending your beloved patsies*.

The point is that we have drafted to beef up the front 7 the past two years but none of our picks can make it into the starting lineup consistently.

I'll slow it down for you next time.

Edited by Mr. WEO

The point is that we have drafted to beef up the front 7 the past two years but none of our picks can make it into the starting lineup consistently.

Troup and Carrington have been playing very well this year for what they are. Keep in mind, they are ROOKIES.

Not sure why even the most rational people on the board hold our rookies to a ridiculous level of expectations to produce in their rookie year? And even though it is a ridiculous expectation, Id say that after spending the first half of the season coming up to speed, Carrington has been very good out there this last half of the season. Looks very promising for next year. Both players have been getting plenty of playing time.

We'd be lucky to get as much out of next year's 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Edited by DrDankenstein

If you are in the group who want to draft a QB with the first round pick get used to this last game and this season. It will mean at least 3 more loosing crap seasons. It will be a couple of years before a rookie QB comes close to being good.

Yeah, that Sam Bradford guy is sure terrible as a rookie. Matt Ryan and Big Ben were even worse.

Edited by tgreg99

Would be a great draft, but I dont think the players you have listed at our 2nd and 3rd picks will be there. Carimi doesnt make it out of the first round, possibly top 10.

If it's true that Luck isn't leaving Stanford, then there probably won't be a QB worth taking in round 1 if Mallett is gone. I'm not necessarily on Mallett's bandwagon, but if he's there, it would be a tough decision.

Nevertheless, I agree with bison - build the defense. Get someone who can either pressure the QB or stuff the run. Listening to that disaster yesterday was frustrating.

Mallet in the top 5? No way. At 25 sure.

Maybin has played nearly 2 full seasons and still can't crack the lineup for more than 4-5 plays per game. Carrington and Troup have seen significant time this season as rookies, especially in the second half of the season, and have been making more and more plays as the year goes on.

I'm not surprised that you can't pick up on the differences. That would require thought, and we wouldn't want you to hurt yourself by attempting to think for once.

Maybin has played nearly 2 full seasons and still can't crack the lineup for more than 4-5 plays per game. Carrington and Troup have seen significant time this season as rookies, especially in the second half of the season, and have been making more and more plays as the year goes on.

I'm not surprised that you can't pick up on the differences. That would require thought, and we wouldn't want you to hurt yourself by attempting to think for once.

The OP said we can't pick a QB because it will take 3 years to see the results. With a team full of bad defenseive linemen, it shouldn't take much for a 2nd round NT to get the starting job.

The OP said we can't pick a QB because it will take 3 years to see the results. With a team full of bad defenseive linemen, it shouldn't take much for a 2nd round NT to get the starting job.

You obviously havent been watching our All-Pro DT/NT Kyle Williams dominate teams all season.

Outside of Maybin, you're simply incorrect about our young DLine players.

I'd agree that Edwards, McCargo and Stroud need to be replaced. But not Carrington and Troup.

Yeah, that Sam Bradford guy is sure terrible as a rookie. Matt Ryan and Big Ben were even worse.

"NEWSFLASH"

There is no Bradford, Ryan, Roethlisberger in this years draft.

The only one of the same caliber is Luck and it looks like he is staying.

So yeah it would take a few years to develop someone.

Fitz has one of the LOWEST completion %'s in the league.

Like 57 %. That is not an NFL starting QB.

I'd go with Brohm, or grab another QB off GB's practice squad - Graham Harrell.

Draft Carimi to protect his blind side, and to open holes for Spiller. Draft Lance Kendricks to give Brohm an outlet and to also block for Spiller, and Owen Marecic to protect against the blitz, pick up those 3rd/4th-and-inches, and give Brohm another outlet.

1-Carimi

2-Moch

3-Kendicks

4-Fua

4-Marecic

5-Henery

6-Romeus

7-Tolzien

Mallet in the top 5? No way. At 25 sure.

I'm not saying he'll definitely be the pick. But given how poor Fitz was yesterday and the fact that I still don't think he's the franchise QB for the forseeable future, I wouldn't put it past Nix & Gailey to consider a QB.

I'd go with Brohm, or grab another QB off GB's practice squad - Graham Harrell.

Draft Carimi to protect his blind side, and to open holes for Spiller. Draft Lance Kendricks to give Brohm an outlet and to also block for Spiller, and Owen Marecic to protect against the blitz, pick up those 3rd/4th-and-inches, and give Brohm another outlet.

1-Carimi

2-Moch

3-Kendicks

4-Fua

4-Marecic

5-Henery

6-Romeus

7-Tolzien

A Mike Leach product...shocking coming from you.

Outside of that, I'd be all for Carimi.

You obviously havent been watching our All-Pro DT/NT Kyle Williams dominate teams all season.

Outside of Maybin, you're simply incorrect about our young DLine players.

I'd agree that Edwards, McCargo and Stroud need to be replaced. But not Carrington and Troup.

Who said replace them??

Take a step close to the screen. Williams has been great this year--but he was a 5th round pick, not a 1st or second. Again, the point is that this organization has spent high picks on the D front 7 (add McCargo and Denney to the list. Poz?) for several years and where's the front 7?--in need of an overhaul by all accounts here.