1st round QB

bisonbrigade

Football never changes. Defense wins titles. Ask Dan Marino and Dan Foutts, your ELITE QB's. Would you call Jim McMahon an an elite QB? How about Mark Rypian? It's not Bradford who's leading the Rams to there spectacluar 8-8 season, it's the defense, check the stat's.

See the post below you. I believe that's you getting served.

Thank you, and goodnight.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about Cassell or Hasselbeck and don't consider them great. Plus if you're comparing Fitz to a broken down Favre well that says it all there. I once heard a saying that went like this "Stats are for losers" Rothlisberger and Favre may not have great numbers but they win games. There are many instances where you can point to where one of those guys rallied his team down the stretch to win a game. That to me is the essence of a great QB.

So, PTR, there's your answer. What Bradford, Cassel, Big Ben etc have that make them franchise QB while Fitz is a career backup: Wins.

Drew Brees. 22 INT this year. Two last night. Who cares? He won. He's going to the playoffs.

He's obviously a franchise QB.

Forgotten are the 1st 3 years in San Diego when he had 58% completion percentage, 29 TD and 31 INTs.

Fitzy wins, we forget about how he isn't accurate enough to be a starting QB in the NFL, has too low completion %, throws too many INT etcetera

Course, the QB needs help with the win thing (the D to stop the other team, the OL for time to throw, WR to hang onto the ball, a TE would be nice)

Your draft would be a perfect draft. I would still take Dareus in RD1 over Bowers if we persist at running a 3-4 as Dareus isn't as scheme-specific, is bigger, is the better run defender, and seals the edge better.

If you are in the group who want to draft a QB with the first round pick get used to this last game and this season. It will mean at least 3 more loosing crap seasons. It will be a couple of years before a rookie QB comes close to being good. Sure Fitz shot the bed today. But look at the season he had. Look how pathic the front seven on defense is. What the Bills need is a team to build around Fitz, not a another QB. No pressure at all on Brady. Could'nt stop the run. I say draft nothing but front seven defense player, and maybe an Offensive tackle. Draft this. If your serious about the 3-4 defense you need LB's.

1. Da'Quan Bowers DE, Clemson.

2. Gabe Carimi OT, Wisconsin

3. Jeremy Beal OLB, Oklahoma

4. Jonathan Cornell ILB, Mississippi

4b. Mike McNeill TE, Nebraska

5. Kheeston Randall NT, Texas

6. Cliff Matthews OLB, South Carolina

7. Alex Wujciak ILB, Maryland

So, PTR, there's your answer. What Bradford, Cassel, Big Ben etc have that make them franchise QB while Fitz is a career backup: Wins.

Drew Brees. 22 INT this year. Two last night. Who cares? He won. He's going to the playoffs.

He's obviously a franchise QB.

Forgotten are the 1st 3 years in San Diego when he had 58% completion percentage, 29 TD and 31 INTs.

Fitzy wins, we forget about how he isn't accurate enough to be a starting QB in the NFL, has too low completion %, throws too many INT etcetera

Course, the QB needs help with the win thing (the D to stop the other team, the OL for time to throw, WR to hang onto the ball, a TE would be nice)

Drew Brees won because the Saints Defense held Atlanta to 14 points, 215 total yards and forced 2 turnovers. :wallbash:

See the post below you. I believe that's you getting served.

Thank you, and goodnight.

See the post above this served you back!

Drew Brees won because the Saints Defense held Atlanta to 14 points, 215 total yards and forced 2 turnovers. :wallbash:

Then you didnt watch the 4th Quarter where, DESPITE throwing 2 picks, he also lead the team down the field for the go-ahead score AND lead the offense as they ran the clock out at the end of the game.

Yes, the defense did their job, but Brees still needed to perform. They were DOWN when he threw those picks, yet they held on and scored and he did what he needed to do to get the victory. The defense didnt throw that TD pass to Graham.

If you are in the group who want to draft a QB with the first round pick get used to this last game and this season. It will mean at least 3 more loosing crap seasons. It will be a couple of years before a rookie QB comes close to being good. Sure Fitz shot the bed today. But look at the season he had. Look how pathic the front seven on defense is. What the Bills need is a team to build around Fitz, not a another QB. No pressure at all on Brady. Could'nt stop the run. I say draft nothing but front seven defense player, and maybe an Offensive tackle. Draft this. If your serious about the 3-4 defense you need LB's.

there is no doubt in my mind that the bills will take our QB of the future in the first 2 rounds.

all you people who think fitz is the answer are in denial IMO.

Building around Fitzpatrick is accepting mediocrity. I don't care how we do short term.

Then you didnt watch the 4th Quarter where, DESPITE throwing 2 picks, he also lead the team down the field for the go-ahead score AND lead the offense as they ran the clock out at the end of the game.

Yes, the defense did their job, but Brees still needed to perform. They were DOWN when he threw those picks, yet they held on and scored and he did what he needed to do to get the victory. The defense didnt throw that TD pass to Graham.

Brees was in a position to win the game becuause after he he intercepted the defense held. If Atlanta scored after the INT there would be no comeback. I am not saying Brees sucks, just he didnt do it alone. By the way Brees was drafted in the second round by another team, not the first round by the Saints.

Building around Fitzpatrick is accepting mediocrity. I don't care how we do short term.

This is maybe overstated but mostly true. Sorry Fitz (love ya man). But he can be a hell of a number two. Maybe one of the best. Frank Reich anyone?

I fully believe he will have a career as qb coach in time. But this year i want Luck. Damn our winning! What i really want is to start with Bowers and build our defense. There is a lot of opportunity this year in drafting. When the Front office sees the right qb, well do what you gotta do to get em. I hope we get the right one for where our game play is headed. I think we want to pass. alot.:)